Mario Gómez

LDN Blue

It seems likely, although not 100% that we will miss out on cavani, lewandowski, and falcao. Is gomez really that bad of a choice??

Yeah compared to those 3 he seems a horrible choice, his build up play is not as good. But he scores goals, not beautiful ones but he does score. Isnt that what we need, to finish those easy tap ins against smaller teams where we constantly drop points?? Im not a fan of his but i dont think its as bad as some people make it to be.

I think we'll be able to find an average player for less than 25m, who is capable of scoring tap-ins against small teams.

He doesn't fit our style of play. We need a top-class forward to lead the line next season

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lukaku can score tap ins, too. You don't pay 25m for a player who only scores tap ins vs small teams. He is technically average and does not contribute to the play of his time, this will be detrimental to our playing style.

Didnt know he would cost 25m, i thought he would cost less. Eeek then no, i have to agree with you. 25m is way too much for this type of player, knowing that lewa might go at a similar price

Mario Gomez is a decent goal poacher and I rate him as highly as Edin Dzeko.

Its sad that a lot of people here just look down on Gomez after what happened in the Final last year. Let me ask you something, if Lewandowski misses sitters in the upcoming final, or the same happens to Mandzukic, would you still want them in Chelsea?

Its sad that a lot of people here just look down on Gomez after what happened in the Final last year. Let me ask you something, if Lewandowski misses sitters in the upcoming final, or the same happens to Mandzukic, would you still want them in Chelsea?

The answer is yes. There is a reason mhy mandzukic is the no 1 option. He will not score as much as gomez but his linkup skill and his willingnes to work defensively is so much better than gomez

Dzeko is much much much better technically than Gomez.

and even comparing mandzukic/lewandowski to Gomez is a disgrace.

I'd still take Lewandowski at Chelsea, even if he misses a sitter in the UCL final..because of his link-up play and team work ethic.

Every striker misses the occasional sitter...but Gomez lacks technical ability and he's basically a poacher.

Quoted from myself in mid April (It lagged when i quoted myself for some strange reason :( )

We HAVE to sign this player guys, so we can push the button everytime he scores! :Goober:

http://www.gomezbutton.de/

I want us to buy him just so I can push this button when he scores: http://www.gomezbutton.de/ :D

Little late, aren't you? :Goober:

Quoted from myself in mid April (It lagged when i quoted myself for some strange reason :( )

We HAVE to sign this player guys, so we can push the button everytime he scores! :Goober:

LOL, tbh, I rarely read through transfer threads :lol:

I really hate this guy his has no linkup play cant even control the ball and is one of the worst pros! But he scores the cheap goals, I would really ve sad if lukaku was loaned out for this big lump uf wood that can only score cheap goals! No thanks for me would rather have any other striker!

Lukaku can score tap ins, too. You don't pay 25m for a player who only scores tap ins vs small teams. He is technically average and does not contribute to the play of his time, this will be detrimental to our playing style.

exactly.

We should chase Lewa and in exchange give them Lukaku and KDB on loan.

Would be a mssive deal for all parties ! Only problem is they're probably looking to buy, not loan.

exactly.

We should chase Lewa and in exchange give them Lukaku and KDB on loan.

Would be a mssive deal for all parties ! Only problem is they're probably looking to buy, not loan.

would be massive deal for us, but surely not for Dortmund. also they have enough money to buy players and not just to loan them out.

I think we have a legit chance to sign this guy now. No matter what you say, I still think we have a huge chance of winning the league with this guy up front. He might choke in big cup games but in the league his scoring form is undeniable. He can be our RVP.

The guy only get 2 minutes in the final and since Lewandowski is coming to Bayern, they will probably be looking forward to selling this guy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You