Mario Gómez

LDN Blue

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last summer I was offered 55million euros (approximately £45million) to release him but I didn't sell.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12962/8363182/Napoli-president-Aurelio-De-Laurentiis-admits-the-club-rejected-an-offer-for-Edinson-Cavani

It's tactics. He probably hopes someone's gonna take those comments seriously and make an even bigger bid lmao.

Don't believe him a single word. De Laurentiis is one of the biggest self-publicists in the business right now, he knows how to make the tabloids.

Just watched all his goals from 2010 up until now. One thing which is evident is that he often tries to do too much, kinda like Torres. Too many swerves, touches, turns etc. He seems to be at his best when, like Torres, he breaks the offside trap and just has the 'keeper to deal with.

I think he'd be an upgrade over Torres though. He seems mentally strong, even if he has choked a few times. (No that's not a joke about him being gay(?)).

His link-up play is better than Torres, his finishing is probably equal, but his positioning and awareness is leaps and bounds better than anyone we have at the club.

Gomez/Torres/Ba/Lukaku (maybe) does look tasty even if history suggests he'll 'flop'.

I don't want him here for the same reason I don't want Falcao, but some of the reactions here are ridiculous, imo. He has one of the best scoring record in Europe. I won't be upset if we get him for 20-25m. Though I doubt the interest is genuine.

My cat would have scored that one. Even Torres goal vs Barca last year was harder to convert. One goal against an abysmal Barca team does not make you a world class striker. His goals are tap ins, only made possible by horrendous defending. A tap in is no pressure situation, anyone can score these.

My cat would have scored that one. Even Torres goal vs Barca last year was harder to convert. One goal against an abysmal Barca team does not make you a world class striker. His goals are tap ins, only made possible by horrendous defending. A tap in is no pressure situation, anyone can score these.

Torres would not have been there on the line. This is what Mario brings. His movement, positioning, and striker's instinct are second to none.

Exactly. Many focus on his goalscoring record and not looking into his overall game as well as how he would fit into here.

Well you have to admit, that's one hell of an important record for a striker!

Heh can't argue with Choulo there :)

But seriously Torres would score double Gomez in the Bayern Team :)

Fuck me even at 36 and a few stone overweight I reckon I could score 1/2 of Gomez's goals ;)

Well you have to admit, that's one hell of an important record for a striker!

Yes, I don't deny that at all, never have. It's just that we should be looking more in a ST. Drogba's goalscoring record was never exactly all that great, like if you compare with Gomez for example, but he was extremely vital for us because of physical presence upfront and having the ability to link up the play and creating chances for others, while not forgetting him banging in his fair share amount of goals too. We need somebody like that because with this current team, the players can create for the ST and score goals themselves so they need someone upfront that can be played of to do the latter as well. Maybe it's just me but I would much rather to see us being a team where we can play in different ways - short, long, direct etc - and have goals come from everywhere as opposed to just focus on creating for a goal poacher like Gomez but can't create for others. That would make us unpredictable and more of a threat to play against.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You