Mario Gómez

LDN Blue

So Gomez for 20 Million Euros would be imo a better signing than Cavani for 63.

Dzeko is, but not Gomez. He's too lazy, he's hardly running after balls and closing down. That's why he was sorted out at Bayern. While Dzeko also isn't the hardest worker against the ball, he has a lot better, more dynamic movement in the box while Gomez needs 5 minutes to turn and face the goal. He's also technically way too limited to play alongside Hazard, Mata and co. If he has an opportunity in the box, he rarely misses, but I'd like a more dynamic stirker at Chelsea.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Chelsea have contacted Mario Gomez

2. Next one you probably heard.Reason why I tweet now it is bcs I had confirmation it really happened.And could be a kind of tactic for Cavani

I would rather have gomez than Cavani. #shitjust2expensive

Edited by Backstreet09

Don't know why so many people here want to avoid Gomez like the plague.

He's got a similar goal to game ratio as Cavani and would cost less than half the price. If he flopped it wouldn't be a financial disaster unlike with Cavani.

We'd all rather have Cavani, but if we got Gomez on the cheap we could pour a shit load of investment into central midfield.

He does nothing aside from hit tap-ins. Nothing. Apart from breathe and the occasional jog and the other basic body functions. This isn't even an exaggeration. Unless you want to include 10 passes a game.

He's got a similar goal to game ratio as Cavani and would cost less than half the price. If he flopped it wouldn't be a financial disaster unlike with Cavani.

We'd all rather have Cavani, but if we got Gomez on the cheap we could pour a shit load of investment into central midfield.

Fair point..but I'd hate to see us settle for Gomez...whilst City gets Cavani.

He does nothing aside from hit tap-ins. Nothing. Apart from breathe and the occasional jog and the other basic body functions. This isn't even an exaggeration. Unless you want to include 10 passes a game.

Have you actually seen him play? He scores goals..not just tap-ins.

And if we actually invested into our midfield...we wouldn't really need a world-class forward.

Chelsea logic

Napoli want Gomez to replace Cavani

Chelsea unwilling to pay Cavani's release clause

Chelsea see that Napoli want Gomez

Chelsea buy Gomez

Chelsea offer Gomez + cash for Cavani

ij9J9EfdS3z6H.png

With the money we could save we can go out and buy Modric and Matic to have as our CM partnership. :)

Muppet Mode ENGAGE!

Spending 30 million (that's the fee Benfica want) on Matic is just as bad as paying Cavani's buyout clause.

Let's see how Romeu goes...

because he is as technically gifted as thomas gravesen...we need a player who has a decent 1st touch and can combinate with our players. its not coincidence that mandzukic is preferred to gomez. gomez is a good goal-scorer but beside this he aint doing nothing for the team. he is waiting in the penalty box for the pass and is tapping it in. 90% of his goals are tap-ins. he has scored some others too, yes, but mostly goals come from 3-5 metres. would either pay 30 m more for Cavani than 30 m for Gomez...but Mou is a Gomez fan so i can believe this could happen. would be awful though

His job is to score and everyone knows he does that very well, all other aspects don't matter if your striker isn't scoring.

Yes, it does. A good striker not only brings goals but also improves the team's overall play.

Yes, it does. A good striker not only brings goals but also improves the team's overall play.

I'd take a good finisher above someone that misses easy chances but improves the team's overall play.

Gomez is an old fashion centre-forward, his technical ability is limited but he'll get you goals.

Cavani should be our #1 priority...but Gomez for 15-20 mil isn't a bad option.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You