Edinson Cavani

CFC58

If we discount personality traits, I feel like he's the closest player to Drogba I've ever seen. Obviously we don't want to always 'live in the past', but I feel like we're in need of a Complete Striker - which Cavani clearly is and Drogba clearly was for us.

Cavani often has lengthy periods of being hot and cold though. Obviously it will be debated, but I genuinely believe that during his 'hot' periods, he's better than every forward in the world apart from Messi. He brings so much to the team including finishing better than most strikers on the planet.

I'd pay Falcao-figures for Cavani - but not those Falcao-figures for Falcao. :halo:

Id rather pay falcao figures for this guy then cavani figures. I hear the buy out is 60 mill? He's by far my favorite striker but that is just crazy.

Did you know that cavani is the only player in the history of the Serie A to have scored a hat trick against all the big 5 italians clubs : Juventus , AC Milan , Inter , AS Roma , Lazio

Wonderful strikers who takes his responsabilities in the big games !

I wasn't up for him few weeks ago, now starting to change my idea about him.

In summer we were in for him for about little less than 30mio right?

Then he signed contract extension...had wonderful season and we will now have to pay around 50mio for him...

In summer we were in for him for about little less than 30mio right?

Then he signed contract extension...had wonderful season and we will now have to pay around 50mio for him...

No one was in for him, just his agent trying to get him more money.

No one was in for him, just his agent trying to get him more money.

We were looking for a new striker either falcao or this guy (who was cheaper back then) but then board decided to trust torres for another season...

Maybe it's just me but I think Cavani will end up at Real. Real have superstars all over the pitch but it seems like their strikers always let em down in the big games and I think they'll break the bank and go for Cavani.

I think they'll go for a top striker for sure and I feel it's going to be Cavani. Doubt Atletico will sell Falcao to Real and I feel Lewa isn't on Cavani/Falcao level.

Maybe it's just me but I think Cavani will end up at Real. Real have superstars all over the pitch but it seems like their strikers always let em down in the big games and I think they'll break the bank and go for Cavani.

I think they'll go for a top striker for sure and I feel it's going to be Cavani. Doubt Atletico will sell Falcao to Real and I feel Lewa isn't on Cavani/Falcao level.

They could go for Aguerro...

I remember being in school in a French class around 7-8 years ago and a lad who goes by the name of Samuel Stolton use to talk about football every fucking French lesson.

Anyway this geezer said to me watch out for Cavani he will be the best striker in the world one day. I was like who the fuck is Edison Cavani mate.

So I have looked him up on Facebook and sent his address to Roman and said here is the no.1 scout and he is a free agent :-)

Funny how people turn after the wind. Just because he scored a hattrick people want him instead of Falcao.

Im not saying id rather have falcao instead, or that i want cavani less than falcao, but sometimes I really wonder what goes through peoples mind.

Funny how people turn after the wind. Just because he scored a hattrick people want him instead of Falcao.

Im not saying id rather have falcao instead, or that i want cavani less than falcao, but sometimes I really wonder what goes through peoples mind.

Personally, I've always said Cavani over Falcao. He simply has more to his game and there's no real denying it. Falcao might have better finishing, but not much better. Cavani is younger, bigger, stronger, fast, an ariel threat, can run the lines, hold it up, shoot from distance, poach, everything. The complete striker.

His price is ridiculous though, but if we're paying a ridiculous price it should be for him. If not, Lewandowski.

Its just not because of a hat-trick....if you think everyone is fickle-minded then you might as well say a lot of people want Falcao just because he scored against us.

Scott Sinclair off to Everton for 4 million :) that transfer worked out well for him!!!

Him and Baines on the left would be good! And the other guy on the right Mirales? Not bad - if they had a great striker they would be a half serious threat :)

I can't be arsed going through 86 pages to find my various posts in this thread, but I for one have made it quite clear I would prefer Cavani as he would suit Chelsea more than Falcao would, in my view.

Its just not because of a hat-trick....if you think everyone is fickle-minded then you might as well say a lot of people want Falcao just because he scored against us.

I can't be arsed going through 86 pages to find my various posts in this thread, but I for one have made it quite clear I would prefer Cavani as he would suit Chelsea more than Falcao would, in my view.

Im not talking about the people who were already favouring Cavani. Some people litterally type stuff like "I prefered falcao before but now id rather have cavani".

That is exactly how I feel and have felt towards the true replacement of Drogba. Cavani has been the ideal replacement from day of Didier's departure. He is just soo classy and his name is one of those names that when you see it on the oppisition's team sheet, you simply shit your knickers!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You