Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I would rather sign Lewandowski since his contract expires in 2014. Would cost half the price of Cavani and is fantastic striker.

Think he's a great system striker and would work on the right team but for us, he has some serious weaknesses in his game. It's pretty obvious that a striker on this team is going to need to do a fair bit other than score. They're going to need to hold up the ball, to make good runs, to put in defensive work, etc...Lewandowski is an excellent finisher and strong in the air, but he's poor at holding up the ball. He averages 5.1 turnovers/dispossessions a game. By comparison, Torres only averages 3.8 of those and Cavani 3.4. Cavani also, no matter what, puts in excellent defensive work and is overall one of the best defensive forwards in football. Cavani is also a capable passer who is not afraid to play long balls to teammates and get involved i n build-up play. Lewandowski is cheaper but there's a reason he's going to be cheaper. What kind of striker will he be outside of Dortmund's particular style? It's all about value and we don't know how much either player would cost so I can't say I prefer one buy over another (or even either of them at all) but I'd much rather have Cavani all other things being equal.

Think he's a great system striker and would work on the right team but for us, he has some serious weaknesses in his game. It's pretty obvious that a striker on this team is going to need to do a fair bit other than score. They're going to need to hold up the ball, to make good runs, to put in defensive work, etc...Lewandowski is an excellent finisher and strong in the air, but he's poor at holding up the ball. He averages 5.1 turnovers/dispossessions a game. By comparison, Torres only averages 3.8 of those and Cavani 3.4. Cavani also, no matter what, puts in excellent defensive work and is overall one of the best defensive forwards in football. Cavani is also a capable passer who is not afraid to play long balls to teammates and get involved i n build-up play. Lewandowski is cheaper but there's a reason he's going to be cheaper. What kind of striker will he be outside of Dortmund's particular style? It's all about value and we don't know how much either player would cost so I can't say I prefer one buy over another (or even either of them at all) but I'd much rather have Cavani all other things being equal.

Cant agree more that Cavani would suit us more, but Lewandowski is still much cheaper and also quite hard worker (if you compare him to Falcao,...), he makes assists, dribbles and contributes to team a lot. Basicaly, similar to Rvp, but obviously not that good. Cavani is class act as he is hard worker and strong, skillful and all, but also extremely expensive and still huge risk for those 50mio we would splash on him.

• 2 weeks later...

He is younger, has more abiities and proven in CL. Only thing Falcao has better is finishing/heading.

Sure on his day Falcao can destroy opponent on his own alone; but the last game that Falcao was realy beast was against us back in summer. Since then he scored lot of goals, but he didnt impress me that much like he did last season.

One thing is guaranteed. When Falcao has no support, he is anonymus, when Cavani has no support he still fights back like lion. Sure Chelsea can load striker with lots of balls, but usualy our strikers are very lonely and Cavani can still perform in such games, while Falcao cant.

This guy ticks nearly every box you could wish for, whether we go for him and pay the vast amounts being touted around is another matter though.

I truly enjoy what he does, just that yesterday was another reason why this guy is a class act.

Last night his contribution was insane. This bloke is a beast of a footballer.

If you haven't seen it, watch it. Torino v Napoli was an immense game.

That guy Dzemaili was awesome too :)

I havent seen three such superb goals from single player for a long time.

But yeah Cavani is just having best season, he would be a massive player here. For some reason I feel Falcao could fail here, but I dont have same feeling for Cavani. Anyway such performances are putting his price sky high and he wont go for anything less than 45mio.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You