Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Listen, Mournhio said the whole word will understand why we didn't buy a striker in January. Which means Chelsea have agreed to sign someone or are really close to. I feel that Cavani is our guy. Put Luiz in the deal no problem.

Well, I do not know what will happen. Just one thing I know, Cavani is a great player. However, still unproven to play in the PL. To pay 50m for him, who knows how he will adapt. Neither you or I know it now.

Risk is always a factor. Even if we sign a PL proven striker, there is no guarantee that he will be able to adjust perfectly to our system.

But there is no denying that a player like cavani SEEMS like he would be a proper fit tp our system. There is a risk, no doubt about it. But even playing on the wings, cavani has very much proved his 50odd million worth in psg. The price tag should neither baffle him nor us.

Risk is always a factor. Even if we sign a PL proven striker, there is no guarantee that he will be able to adjust perfectly to our system.

But there is no denying that a player like cavani SEEMS like he would be a proper fit tp our system. There is a risk, no doubt about it. But even playing on the wings, cavani has very much proved his 50odd million worth in psg. The price tag should neither baffle him nor us.

Cavani is not very happy to play on the wings, I read. Apparently, that´s the reason he wants out.

Still he is not worth 50m, I feel.

As we both know, Chelsea can not afford to pay for him cos of FFP stipulations. Now, whom the club is going to sell to meet his price ? Recently, I read Courtois & Lukaku.

As you posted he SEEMS to fit. However, that´s what they thought with Torres. Now, this ferda is not worth 20m.

Cavani is not very happy to play on the wings, I read. Apparently, that´s the reason he wants out.

As we both know, Chelsea can not afford to pay for him cos of FFP stipulations. Now, whom the club is going to sell to meet his price ? Recently, I read Courtois & Lukaku.

As you posted he SEEMS to fit. However, that´s what they thought with Torres. Now, this ferda is not worth 20m.

I knew the comparison with torres would come forth and hence in my last post I already said that cavani has already lived upto the ecpectation and pressure of 50mil which I think was torres' achillew heel. Plus torres and cavani are nothing alike. Cavani can make a huge impact even if he does not score.

Also I don't think we should have a problen with FFP in buying cavani. Ffp has been there for the last 2 years and in both these years we have spent a lot. About 75mil in 2012-13, and more than 100mil this season.

For the next season, we are set with gks, will be buying one new LB, set with the mid and will be adding a St.

All in all we would be making buys for anither 75mil (shaw+cavani), while selling off ba, torres/etoo ( his wages woukd be gone), moses, marin, kakuta, mikel, hopefully luiz.

So don't think FFp is a problem.

As for how muxh he is worth is very subjective. As I saod before, if roman does not mind and if FFP is not a problem plus I can see cavani in blue then don't care what the price tag is.

I knew the comparison with torres would come forth and hence in my last post I already said that cavani has already lived upto the ecpectation and pressure of 50mil which I think was torres' achillew heel. Plus torres and cavani are nothing alike. Cavani can make a huge impact even if he does not score.

Also I don't think we should have a problen with FFP in buying cavani. Ffp has been there for the last 2 years and in both these years we have spent a lot. About 75mil in 2012-13, and more than 100mil this season.

For the next season, we are set with gks, will be buying one new LB, set with the mid and will be adding a St.

All in all we would be making buys for anither 75mil (shaw+cavani), while selling off ba, torres/etoo ( his wages woukd be gone), moses, marin, kakuta, mikel, hopefully luiz.

So don't think FFp is a problem.

As for how muxh he is worth is very subjective. As I saod before, if roman does not mind and if FFP is not a problem plus I can see cavani in blue then don't care what the price tag is.

Excuse me didie but you want to sell half the team, then.

BTW, I agree to sell all those duds. Did you ever consider to work for an accounting firm ?

Excuse me didie but you want to sell half the team, then.

BTW, I agree to sell all those duds. Did you ever consider to work for an accounting firm ?

Moses, marin, kakuta are not and will never be a part of this team.

Ba is a 3rd choicd right now and if torres had not got injured, he would be playing for transzonpor right now. Plus ba is automatically replaced with lukaku.

One of etoo/torres is replaced by cavani.

Mikel has already been replaced by matic plus we have romeu to fill in the squad player role.

Luiz has been so poor that I would think that zouma could actually fill in for him.

So from this year's team I am replacing 4 players while biying 2 and bringing 2 loanees back. That's barely half the team

Moses, marin, kakuta are not and will never be a part of this team.

Ba is a 3rd choicd right now and if torres had not got injured, he would be playing for transzonpor right now. Plus ba is automatically replaced with lukaku.

One of etoo/torres is replaced by cavani.

Mikel has already been replaced by matic plus we have romeu to fill in the squad player role.

Luiz has been so poor that I would think that zouma could actually fill in for him.

So from this year's team I am replacing 4 players while biying 2 and bringing 2 loanees back. That's barely half the team

The above 3 players, I agree. They won´t play for Chelsea.

BA will be sold. Let him go.

As for Torres, how do you know he would have been sold ? Lol. Do you know something we don´t ?

Mikel may f go...so is Luiz ?

Romeu does not want to come back, I read.

So you are dancing on thin ice.

The above 3 players, I agree. They won´t play for Chelsea.

BA will be sold. Let him go.

As for Torres, how do you know he would have been sold ? Lol. Do you know something we don´t ?

Mikel may f go...so is Luiz ?

Romeu does not want to come back, I read.

So you are dancing on thin ice.

That's why I said one of torres/etoo.

Romey can say what he wants but we will decide his future. I have already explained my opinion of mikel and luiz.

So barely thin ice I would say. Plus we have loanees/academy players like chaloabah, josh, ginkel, ake, omerou who can so easily take that bit part/ squad role. Add poor kalas to that list too.

That's why I said one of torres/etoo.

Romey can say what he wants but we will decide his future. I have already explained my opinion of mikel and luiz.

So barely thin ice I would say. Plus we have loanees/academy players like chaloabah, josh, ginkel, ake, omerou who can so easily take that bit part/ squad role. Add poor kalas to that list too.

Funny that you post plural WE WILL ...? Who is we ? I thought you just post your opinion...?

if I were you, I would wait for the summer.

Funny that you post plural WE WILL ...? Who is we ? I thought you just post your opinion...?

if I were you, I would wait for the summer.

in a default manner we HERE means chelsea.

I don't think people here infact use "chelsea" as much. Its normalky "we won", or "we lost", etc etc.

I'm not even worried, he was going to be expensive anyways. I think we need to be looking at Lukaku and cheaper alternatives, I don't think we need to go and get the most expensive striker to improve. Our strike team has been performing so badly it wouldn't take as drastic an improvement as Cavani to start seeing goals, .

Cavani would have been lethal but with the club record breaking fee he would come with anything less than lethal would be a massive failure. Aside from Shaw if he ever gets dropped into the market, Chelsea will avoid +30m transfers until we get Torres of our hands (those types come with high wages).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You