Edinson Cavani

CFC58

LOL WTF, why is shirts or EA got anything to do with this?

Like I said, if he is really that good, then he would be able to compete with a better player no problem. What do you define by giving him his chance? Let him play at least 30 BPL games? Well he will be if he is good enough like I said and IF Cavani flops which hopefully he won't.

So we have to wait for the £50 million striker to flop before he is given a chance?

This is one of those signings that is a statement signing - it's put out there to attract fickle fans and television ratings, which is sadly what football is becoming.

Rather than saying to a young man (who cares about this club deeply) that we're ready to take a chance with you, we're going for the 'proven article' and we'll stick with him for longer than we should because he cost a fuckload of money.

All those people who think we should bend over and let Napoli name their price better at least have the fucking good grace to order EVERY kit we bring out with Cavani's name on it....get a fucking bobblehead doll too.

Edinson Cavani continues to send messages to Real Madrid, but until now no concrete returns. And tomorrow, as we explained yesterday, will consume an important meeting in London. Chelsea will push to close, has already proposed more than 50 million, will try to get closer to clause 62.8 million. A Mourinho serves a great striker, he identified Cavani, the market of Naples could be a turning point. For the moment there are no counterparts, but it is a situation to be carefully monitored. Tomorrow likely a crucial point

To be honest mate, I'm done arguing about it.

We're going to sign Cavani and we'll probably win the title. He might score 20 goals, he might not. I'm rapidly losing interest.

Romelu is a great guy who has done enough to earn his chance in my opinion. Growing up I would've killed to have watched a guy like this come through the ranks and become a legend for us, but I'm starting to think that I'm an antique. That isn't what football fans want now and it doesn't make the money.

So let's just sign this guy, sell loads of t-shirts and enjoy the youtube clips packages because that's what modern football is.

Lukaku is a great kid etc. There is no way he can lead Chelsea in the Champions league. We need a world class striker and Cavani is it. There will be a huge amount of games this season, and he will get plenty of experience either way.

It has been pointed out that Falcao has been nullified plenty of times because he just doesn't know how to play with his back to the goal; he needs space to use his high energy and great off the ball movement.

I haven't watched Cavani much, but he did impress me more than Falcao in the games I've watched. However, he also seemed like a player who is more comfortable facing the goal and on the move, rather than with his back to the goal. Is my impression correct or he is really more rounded than Falcao?

People trying to convince themselves that Cavani wants to chose Chelsea over Real Madrid......

A South American star will most of the time want Barcelona or Madrid over any other team.

I didnt say that. what i meant is that its only a meaningless interview. he didnt made a statement that he wants to go to Real- someone asked him about them and he answered. Cavani maybe wants Madrid over Chelsea, but this interview isnt interesting at all and give us nothing.

And in the end players not always go to their favourite place, its about the club who made the right offer to the other club, we dont know anything about Real intrest to this point, and it looks more likely he'll end up here imo.

It has been pointed out that Falcao has been nullified plenty of times because he just doesn't know how to play with his back to the goal; he needs space to use his high energy and great off the ball movement.

I haven't watched Cavani much, but he did impress me more than Falcao in the games I've watched. However, he also seemed like a player who is more comfortable facing the goal and on the move, rather than with his back to the goal. Is my impression correct or he is really more rounded than Falcao?

You're right in a way that Cavani is more devastating whilst facing goal but he's far more rounded than Falcao is or ever will be, simply because of his frame. Cavani is quite a big unit, I've seen people compare him as the South American Drogba which is quite accurate - he's just not as powerful as Didier, not as good in the air - but what he does have over Didier is pace and he's more clinical as well in my opinion. He's the best well rounded striker on the planet in my opinion.

Meh....he can't close off any avenue to himself.

Honestly it's a relief that he's saying this and not his sister's husband's cousin's neighbour's dentist. The amount of people shoving their hands up this guy's arse and using him like a sock puppet is ludicrous.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You