Edinson Cavani

CFC58

BREAKING: Corrie dello Sport report that an agreement between Chelsea and Napoli is very close for striker Edinson Cavani. #CFC #Chelsea

Is Corrie dello sport reliable? From what i have heard they are not that good.

Obviously not quite as reliable as an Italian-speaking forum, but the guys over on BigSoccer in the Napoli section all reckon he's gone. The majority see either Gomez joining them (if he doesn't sign for Fiorentina) or Leandro Damiao. They want Dzeko the most out of realistic targets but as we know, Dzeko (apparently) doesn't want the move (and I can't blame him since Rafa isn't exactly the most enticing manager and Naples isn't the most enticing destination.) The few Italians on that part of the forum report that there's concrete interest in Muriel of Udinese which would require a bit of funding.

So he is leaving surely, that can't be up for debate.

Who can afford him? Chelsea, PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. Throw in the likes of Anzhi and Monaco perhaps but neither of those would make sense.

Assuming Ibrahimovic is retained at PSG (not like any other club can afford his wages) it'd be idiocy for PSG to buy.

Suarez seems almost nailed on to sign for Real Madrid with Higuain departing and I personally can't see Cavani being happy in the same team as Suarez since he's clearly uncomfortable with him for their national team.

Manchester City? With Mancini at the helm I'd see this deal as very likely. Manuel however is a smarter manager. He knows how to man-manage players. A big part of this throughout his managerial career has been using a small squad with little rotation. He likes to have his start striker on the pitch every game with a decent back-up striker on the bench. There is absolutely no way Cavani or Aguero will be content on the bench and I doubt they'd do well as rotation-partners as Cavani takes a game or 2 to find his rhythm usually.

I'm probably wearing blue-tinted glasses without actually realising it and being overly optimistic, but there is no choice in my mind but us.

Jorge Mendes? Coming to London? I think he's spending his effort trying to get Rui Patricio to join Porto at the moment.

Also isn't Cavani's agent Claudio Anellucci?

another guy supposedly favoring another team over us.

If he wants to go to Madrid let him be my guest.

If those guys don't respect Chelsea they can GTFO.

We're Europe Champions, we have one of the best managers in the world and one of the best attacking midfield to cater to the strikers.

If they want to go to Bayern, Real, Barça or whatever and keep repeating so, let them be.

We're Chelsea Football Club and that name deserves respect

But as someone mentioned earlier, football players in their majority aren't the brightest cookies around.

another guy supposedly favoring another team over us.

If he wants to go to Madrid let him be my guest.

If those guys don't respect Chelsea they can GTFO.

We're Europe Champions, we have one of the best managers in the world and one of the best attacking midfield to cater to the strikers.

If they want to go to Bayern, Real, Barça or whatever and keep repeating so, let them be.

We're Chelsea Football Club and that name deserves respect

But as someone mentioned earlier, football players in their majority aren't the brightest cookies around.

He's just keeping his options open and being polite to everyone because he has no idea where he will play next season, nothing wrong with that. Last week he was saying it would be an honor to play for Chelsea under Mourinho and now he is flirting with Real Madrid.

And the saga continues.

Fwiw. Cavani and lukaku on PAPER would be the best top 2 strikers combined in the league. Better than rvp and rooney etc. However, it also costs a hell of a lot more, and on paper doesn't mean much these days.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You