Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Problem with Rooney are his wages, they are supermassive

True, but he's hugely marketable. He's sold more shirts than anyone else in the PL, although he did drop off last season.

Still, there is massive potential for commercial benefits from his signing. Maybe there's an argument that Cavani opens up the South American market, but the English product has worldwide appeal and an English player of Rooney's calibre wil always travel well.

Funniest thing I've read in this topic are those posts along the line of "why don't we just pay the other €8 million", etc. - just like it's an extra fiver! :lol: This isn't FIFA, some people - nay, a lot of people - need to realise that.

Funniest thing I've read in this topic are those posts along the line of "why don't we just pay the other €8 million", etc. - just like it's an extra fiver! :lol: This isn't FIFA, some people - nay, a lot of people - need to realise that.

And wages on top...say he earns 12 million a year on five year contract that adds up to a total of €60 million. With the fee it's over 120 million!

Not actually that bothered, let him go where he wants where the money is highest.

Nothing against Cavani, nothing at all. He can't do anything here - the Napoli president is simply a greedy, greedy bastard. Fair play though, shows a bit of back-bone. And why should Napoli sell? They've truly re-established themselves in Italy for the first time in 15 years, and Cavani is a massive part of that.

Not signing him means we either invest a bit of faith in the £75 million-worth of strikers we currently have at the club - Torres, Lukaku, and Ba - or we revise our targets and bring in someone to do a decent job for a third of Cavani's price. And if Lukaku can score 17 goals for West Bromwich Albion in a rotation role, imagine what he can do for us - I'm very excited for him to be given a real chance at Chelsea.

The way we operate is almost ignoring the strikers anyway. Ba and Torres struggle because our midfield is our real attacking outlet - Mata, Hazard, Lampard and Oscar will get you 60 goals a season between them, easily. That is, in most seasons, 45-55% of our goals tally. Why spend £50 million + on another striker who probably will struggle, just like Torres, to score 20 goals a season for this team? Everyone goes on about Drogba, but he only had two seasons where he scored more than 16 goals for this club. Strikers typically struggle in Mourinho teams, as well.

Bullet dodged? Possibly.

Don't agree. Signing Cavani would have been incredible. We would have a fantastic chance of winning more competitions with him in our team. Sure we have great talent striker wise here but they are all unproven at Chelsea (not counting Torres). I know Cavani isn't either but he is a different ball game to the others currently. I wouldn't say it was a bullet dodged.

I'm not saying it is a bullet dodged. I'm saying it could be. I think you've gotten the wrong end of the stick.

Of course Cavani is a wonderful player - but is he a £55 million player, or whatever price Napoli are demanding? He is a notch above the rest of our striking options, but why go out there and spend so much on a player who won't even be the focal point of our team? Unless we totally revise the way we play to cater around him - which, if we didn't do for £50 million Torres, we won't for Cavani; especially since Mourinho is pretty rigid in his systems - there's no point buying someone who will get no service whatsoever.

The way we play, we're better off signing a poacher like Dzeko or Gómez.

Probably, the main reason is because we're run out of options, sir.

Out of 3 wonder strikers, with Falcao gone for Monaco's project, Lewandowski looking to be forced to honor his last year contract, the only option we have, with the possibility to leave still likely is Cavani.

Probably, the main reason is because we're run out of options, sir.

Out of 3 wonder strikers, with Falcao gone for Monaco's project, Lewandowski looking to be forced to honor his last year contract, the only option we have, with the possibility to leave still likely is Cavani.

You lots run out of options with building your imaginary teams.

Chelsea now got 4 striker's option.

So no need for more till we sell.

Sell torres.

Buy rooney.

Rooney lukaku and ba could work quite well especially as that would give us a variety of options, and lukaku would get lots of game time.

Or failing that just put lukaku up front. He could do it with west broms supply line so why can't he do it with us. It's not like we are reliant on our strikers as much as many teams.

Sell torres.

Buy rooney.

Rooney lukaku and ba could work quite well especially as that would give us a variety of options, and lukaku would get lots of game time.

Or failing that just put lukaku up front. He could do it with west broms supply line so why can't he do it with us. It's not like we are reliant on our strikers as much as many teams.

My question with Rooney is why he would leave united for Chelsea?

Does not make any sense to me.

He won everything with united and they are a bigger club then us.

So if anything he rather go abroad.

My question with Rooney is why he would leave united for Chelsea?

Does not make any sense to me.

He won everything with united and they are a bigger club then us.

So if anything he rather go abroad.

Rooney is getting pushed out and can't play his favourite position and has competition for other positions he can play. We on the other hand would make him no. 1 in his preferred position and can easily challenge united. And on top of that have one of the greatest managers in Jose.

And I can't see rooney adapting to another country.

You lots run out of options with building your imaginary teams.

Chelsea now got 4 striker's option.

So no need for more till we sell.

Unfortunately, each of the 4 strikers we have now is not or not yet in the same level with each of those big 3, and that makes some of Chelsea fans worried we can't compete strongly in 4 competitions.

With all due respect, we will not get the best option out there, if we have to sold first. Market went crazy now.

Unfortunately, each of the 4 strikers we have now is not or not yet in the same level with each of those big 3, and that makes some of Chelsea fans worried we can't compete strongly in 4 competitions.

With all due respect, we will not get the best option out there, if we have to sold first. Market went crazy now.

And that's why for Mourinho he wont win big this season.

Cause he knows it will be hard because of the strikers we got.

We will stay with what we got till someone is sold. As simple as that.

This is not just about improving our team but also it is a statement of intent. Since when do we start to back out of first class players because we can't afford their fee? And because if we don't, some other team out there will probably pay it for him so that mean we are losing out and HE IS NOT OVERPRICED. Base on the market today he is WORTH AT LEAST £40M anyway, so £53m is not even that much overpriced, I understand if he is some unproven player or just a one hit wonder or just play in a shitty league like Hulk last summer. BUT NO, THIS IS ONE OF THE TOP GOAL SCORER IN EUROPE. Behind Messi and Ronaldo and I think Falcao. Well Messi we will never get, same with Ronaldo, Falcao already gone so we are left with the 4th best attacker in Europe, possibly the world atm and we think £50m is overpriced.

How much do you think he is worth then? £20m? :halo:

Our fan's mentality is changing which is not good enough. I bet most of you will still be happy if we don't win the CL or even come close to win them in the next 2-3 years if we continue to win FA Cup each year. Since when did we have this lay back attitude? We always go for the best and if it fail then we settle for second, not we settle for second because we can't get the best. We aren't even trying.

This is not just about improving our team but also it is a statement of intent. Since when do we start to back out of first class players because we can't afford their fee? And because if we don't, some other team out there will probably pay it for him so that mean we are losing out and HE IS NOT OVERPRICED. Base on the market today he is WORTH AT LEAST £40M anyway, so £53m is not even that much overpriced, I understand if he is some unproven player or just a one hit wonder or just play in a shitty league like Hulk last summer. BUT NO, THIS IS ONE OF THE TOP GOAL SCORER IN EUROPE. Behind Messi and Ronaldo and I think Falcao. Well Messi we will never get, same with Ronaldo, Falcao already gone so we are left with the 4th best attacker in Europe, possibly the world atm and we think £50m is overpriced.

How much do you think he is worth then? £20m? :halo:

You just admitted he was overpriced.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You