Edinson Cavani

CFC58

madrid: benzema and higuain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ba, torres

city: kun, tevez, dzeko...and they have had 4 with balotelli and they will buy 1 or 2 for sure.

united: yes, no need to say. every striker is great

so, if you look in detail..every of this named teams has way better strikers than we have. so not really comparable. also barca is playing with a false-9...so no real striker needed. messi is just enough, ,because he plays every game.

we have one awful striker (torres), one mediocre striker (ba) and one young kid...so we dont have ANY world-class striker while the clubs mentioned above have at least one...

But ba has not had a chance. He just came this winter.

He deserves a chance before going out.

Then lukaku he is a beast.

Add to the fact we just got schurrle, then I don't see anyone else coming in.

The main problem with us continues to be in the mid field. That is the part where we need to splash the cash.

we have one awful striker (torres), one mediocre striker (ba) and one young kid...so we dont have ANY world-class striker while the clubs mentioned above have at least one...

Calling Lukaka nothing more than "one young kid" is being a little disingenuous. He bagged 17 goals in the prem last season, often coming on as a sub. He took a big step in development this year. Not to mention his youth is an asset.

But ba has not had a chance. He just came this winter.

He deserves a chance before going out.

Then lukaku he is a beast.

Add to the fact we just got schurrle, then I don't see anyone else coming in.

The main problem with us continues to be in the mid field. That is the part where we need to splash the cash.

But do you really want to go into the season with Lukaku, Ba and Torres ?

Torres is simply not good enough, Lukaku is still very raw and Ba has shown that he's not good enough to be our main striker.

A quality striker needs to come in.

Calling Lukaka nothing more than "one young kid" is being a little disingenuous. He bagged 17 goals in the prem last season, often coming on as a sub. He took a big step in development this year. Not to mention his youth is an asset.

pressure playing for West Brom and Chelsea is different. he is very talented but he is still a kid and very raw. I think he is great No 2 but not ready to be No 1 striker yet.

schürrle is no striker. and he wasnt bought to play as a striker. he is an inside-forward and nothing else.

But do you really want to go into the season with Lukaku, Ba and Torres ?

Torres is simply not good enough, Lukaku is still very raw and Ba has shown that he's not good enough to be our main striker.

A quality striker needs to come in.

Yes, I believe in ba and lukaku to do the job that torres will fail to do, with the help of schurrle as well.

That's a big gamble.

Well is not like we are going to win the PL this season.

With Mourinho comments is as if he is giving up on this season but focusing more on the coming seasons.

He wants to work with more younger players, so if he is not going to spend big he knows it will be hard to challenge City this season.

And I'm ok for that. Cause we have a lot of younger players that merits a chance.

I mean just look at how Matic has turned out.

Before our younger players where crap, now we are getting more and more quality younger players.

Well is not like we are going to win the PL this season.

With Mourinho comments is as if he is giving up on this season but focusing more on the coming seasons.

He wants to work with more younger players, so if he is not going to spend big he knows it will be hard to challenge City this season.

And I'm ok for that. Cause we have a lot of younger players that merits a chance.

I mean just look at how Matic has turned out.

Before our younger players where crap, now we are getting more and more quality younger players.

Mourinho is only being modest. Of coure we are going for the EPL title. Every top team has a new manager and we other than city have a manager who knows how to win titles. we have the most talented squad in the PL already, of course we have a real chance. Hazard, oscar, Lukaku, KDB, Azpi will all make a step up, transition was last year. Borussia Dortmund also have fought on all fronts for 3 years, dominating teams like City or United with their main players being very young either. hazard and Mata are surely not less talented than Reus and Götze. The problem is the tactics. A good coach with good man-management like Mou can make us competitive again even without big signings.

No bigger gamble than going into a season as defending European champions with Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge as your only recognised centre forwards.

oooh... and how did that turn out....?

You really want another season like the one we had ?

I think everyone always assumed that Cavani will go for a bit lesser money than his release clause. Now I don't think we should spend 63mil on this guy. We might have the cash but in deals like this with such huge amount of money involved, the price tag can weigh on the player

Edinson is the best striker in the world. Getting him might be crucial, but I would understand if we dont sign him as the pricetag is way too high!

This

Times have changed. In 2004 we could buy anyone with talent for insane amounts of money. We still can do that. But in 2004 we had no titles and no squad. Now we have. Mourinho's arrival means we will at least win COC, Fa Cup or shit like this, so it would not be that big drama to miss out on the league, given we did not invest that much and given we at least were able to compete.

63m is an insane amount of money for one player. No one should blame our board for backing out at these amounts. The market is inflated enough already and provided that we have already have some experiences with strikers in these priceclasses, there would at least be a learning process displayed which would make the decision retraceable.

Ba, Torres, Lukaku + Schürrle being able to play as a striker are surely enough in numbers. Even though Gomez/Dzeko might be a bit more clinical than those, I see no sense in spending more than 20m on a slight upgrade. The league is won against smaller teams and against exactly these Ba, Torres, Lukaku will probably be enough. Dzeko or Gomez would mean 3-5 points more for us from these. I bet those will not make us Champions hence they are not worth 20m.

Last season we played with literally no strikers cos most of the time Torres/Studge/Ba all were off form. This is unlikely to happen again. Also we have never been a club that relied too much on strikers in the league since Abramovich came. Except the 06/07 and the 09/10 season we did not even have a striker with more than 16 goals. Lampard will ship in again with double figueres and will win some matches on his own. As will Mata and Hazard. Ramires and Oscar will also score a few and our centre backs are also unusually dangerous. ACtually one has to recognize the benefits of the much dreaded Lampard-Ramires pivot. They might be a bit ineffective defensively, but it's not that we concede too often and rarely it's their fault. On the other hand they scored almost 30 goals combined, many of them were really important. Makes them the highest-scoring defensive midfield pairing in the world^^

If we do not get Cavani, Lewandowski or so equivalent. Give it a go with luakaku and if it does not work, we can still rectify in winter.

if the worst case we can't get Cavani or antoher Top striker,,then we must add a "Super Winger" like Di Maria or Hulk to help Mata scoring for next season....

Well we have bought Andre Schurrle for a start.

oooh... and how did that turn out....?

You really want another season like the one we had ?

:doh: You have absolutely missed my point...

Last year we had Torres and Sturridge.

Now we have Torres, Ba, Lukaku and Schurrle - four different styles of centre-forward. We don't absolutely need another striker, so if we miss out on Cavani it's no big deal. If we're so intent on another forward, buy a poacher.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You