Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Their president said we were, and it was on their official twitter.

What exactly did he say? Do you have a link? All I read was the BS started by Palmeri.

EDIT: Found it. He did not say that we made a bid for him. He said we are interested and might call him (to make a bid). Which basically means we just inquired about him. That happens all the times between clubs even for players you're not really going after. And in the same sentence he goes on to say that his agent (and brother) said that he will stay at Napoli.

What exactly did he say? Do you have a link? All I read was the BS started by Palmeri.

On phone atm so can't get you link, but he said Chelsea are interested and "will call in a few hours" last week.

This was tweeted on 7th June.

Official SSC Napoli @sscnapoli

Presidente @ADeLaurentiis: su Cavani c'è l'interesse del Chelsea, mi chiameranno nelle prossime ore. Sarei felicissimo se restasse con noi

Presidente @ADeLaurentiis: in caso di cessione di Cavani reinvestirò interamente i 63 milioni della sua clausola rescissoria

Google translate...

Cavani is of the interest of Chelsea, will call me in the next few hours. I would be happy if he stays with us

in case of transfer of Cavani reinvestirò entirely of its 63 million release clause

This was then reported in sites like the Guardian, ESPN...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/07/edinson-cavani-napoli-chelsea

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210829.html

This was tweeted on 7th June.

Google translate...

This was then reported in sites like the Guardian, ESPN...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/07/edinson-cavani-napoli-chelsea

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210829.html

Thanks but I already found it and edited my post :P

Hi guys. I've been watching Cavani since his arrival in Naples and he's turned into one of my favourite strikers. Terrific footballer, would be an amazing signing if we'd manage to transfer him. If there is anyone you need in the box to challenge all the trophies you'll fight for, than Cavani is the man for that job. I've been reading English, Italian and French newspaper over the last week or two and I must admit i kinda lost my hope we'll sign him. I mean, the Italians are rejecting all the offers and i can't see any chane of transfering him other than paying that release cause. But, today i read something interesting in the Gazzetta dello Sport, something related to the bookmakers and Cavani's odds to become a Chelsea player. "E c'è un drastico e davvero significativo movimento dei bookmaker: la quota su Cavani è stata tagliata sotto il livello di guardia, addirittura solo a 1,13, per il passaggio al Chelsea". So, Cavani's odds at becoming a Chelsea player dropped to 1,13 (something like 1/7 in fractional odds i guess, i'm not accustomed to fractional odds, we don't use it in Romania).

Well, my point is: If there is any truth in that article (i haven't searched bookies offering that odds just because i'm not into sports betting and i wouldn't know where to look for), than a thing I learned in all this years is that you can't mess with bookmakers. I mean, betting is all over sport in this days and if there is someone to know all the things around it, than those are the bookmakers. Hope you got my idea. I'd rather trust some dropping odds than some twitter posts and newspaper articles untill everything goes official. I know this might be also a trick from the bookmakers so that people would place big amounts of money on those dropping odds, thinking for some "easy money" since all the news and drastic movement of those odds. But I don't think there is anyone to risk big amounts of money on that 1,13 (1/7) odd, so in the end let's hope this article has some truth in it. This is the only article I trust since this "Cavani Saga".

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You