La Liga Thread

Steve

So... Messi bails Barcelona out again with 2 goals in the last 15 minutes to beat Osasuma 2-1 and Real Mardid lose more points against Getafe. Real were winning 1-0 too and have lost 2-1!

Barcelona played 2, 6 points, + 5

Real Madrid played 2, 1 point, -1

So... Messi bails Barcelona out again with 2 goals in the last 15 minutes to beat Osasuma 2-1 and Real Mardid lose more points against Getafe. Real were winning 1-0 too and have lost 2-1!

Barcelona played 2, 6 points, + 5

Real Madrid played 2, 1 point, -1

As always, it will come down to the El Classicos, but an awful start for Madrid.

Real Madrid's main focus is the UCL now. They'll go all out to win it this season.

Well that's the problem with Mourinho teams.

He demands so much from his player, that I fear they get burned out.

I mean look at the standard he set last season?

That is hard to replicate over and over again.

I wonder if that's why Mourinho likes to be like a nomad and move a long after he does his job, instead of being a Wenger or SAF?

If so that is no problem. But it does speaks of great volume for those that can do it.

Cause very few people are the one that can keep getting up and continue to want more and more.

SAF as a coach, Giggs, Lampard, Terry as player. Those type of attitude is very rare to find.

I think both the top two have peaked. Madrid last season and Barca the season before. Add that to the financial problems Spain are having at the moment.

Slowly the gap between the top two and the rest will decrease now both are (in my opinion) in slow decline, it will take a while but will get there in the end.

I think both the top two have peaked. Madrid last season and Barca the season before. Add that to the financial problems Spain are having at the moment.

Slowly the gap between the top two and the rest will decrease now both are (in my opinion) in slow decline, it will take a while but will get there in the end.

No, is that no team can be dominate for so long.

They need to cool of.

It's impossible to be that imposing over and over again in this modern game.

Very few are the teams that do that.

I guess in the modern era, what SAF did with Ronalda, and Tevez can be count as something special. As well as Barcelona with Pep.

But it has not been as dominant as team from the past.

And maybe that can be attributed as to how much the game has changed, and congestive fixture most players got to play these days.

All the same, it will take a superhuman effort from anybody to stop Barcelona from winning La Liga and the Champions League.

yes get in there my Getafe boys! Valera's goal was an absolute beauty!

When I went on a school trip to Madrid and the language teacher asked me which Spanish team I supported and I said Getafe she just laughed at me (she was a Real Madrid fan) WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?

I started watching Valencia vs Deportivo but it looked a bit too one sided after Soldado scored so i went to bed.

3-3?! And Valencia were 3-1 up... mad really. Glad Deportivo are back tho and hope they do well.

The lack of freshness in the Madrid squad is probably affecting them right now. Mourinho may have bought Modric now but he basically still has more or less the same squad for 2 seasons now. Even though there are great players in their team but they probably have become a bit predictable to the other teams.

Excellent performance from Atletico, comprehensive victory with a star performance from Falcao.

Disasterous performance and a terrible start to Bilbao's league campaign. Bottom of the league, 2 defeats, they were all over the place tonight. Toothless up front, no control in midfield and a makeshift backline that was perplexed by Atletico's movement. Only a strong performance from Iraizoz kept the score down. Bielsa's time as Bilbao coach appears to be numbered.