La Liga Thread

Steve

"Ricardo is not part of our plans for the season. He has until the end of the transfer window (on Friday) to decide whether he wants to continue to play football or stay at Real Madrid, meeting his contractual obligations like the honourable person he is and basically end his sporting career. It's his decision and his alone."

- Real Madrid head coach Jose Mourinho doesn't mince his words about Ricardo Carvalho's future at the Bernabeu.

---------------

Does that sounds a bit cold to you?

Mourinho has no allegiance to no team since he moves on from team to team.

But Ricardo probably is his longest serving player.

That is like what Lampard is to us.

Surely some appreciation should be warranted?

Real Madrid are absolutely battering Barcelona atm. It could already be 6-0 and Barca have had a man sent off.

2-0 so far. It will be more.

2-1 H/T. Is there anything Messi can't do? Fucked up. Barca aint been in this game yet they're still in it.

- Real Madrid head coach Jose Mourinho doesn't mince his words about Ricardo Carvalho's future at the Bernabeu.

---------------

Does that sounds a bit cold to you?

Mourinho has no allegiance to no team since he moves on from team to team.

But Ricardo probably is his longest serving player.

That is like what Lampard is to us.

Surely some appreciation should be warranted?

as Jose himself said "He is the only one " .... the only one he is ever interested in.. Forget the bullshit about how he loves Chelsea ....Jose

loves only Jose.

What a shit 2nd half. Real Madrid had a real chance of sending out a big message today. 2-0 up, against 10 men, creating chance after chance then in the 2nd half they don't do anything. Barcelona deserved to go through because or Real Madrid's boring approach in the 2nd half. They coulda stuffed Barca today but no.... held on for a 2-1, 4-4 away goals win. Really wish Messi had banged that last chance in. Woulda been what Real deserved. The away goals rule is shit.

I hate draws. No team should win because of being equal. Man City winning the prem on goal difference is as bad as it gets but Real Madrid all having orgasm's and celebrating with a trophy in a 4-4, i hate it. It's probably my most hated thing in football. If you're good enough, win right? yeah they won 2-1, but they lost 3-2, why do they win. Just crap.

Man Utd and Man City shoulda had a one-off final at Wembley for the title or a 2 legged decider.

Real Madrid and Barca shouldn't have had away goals. It shoulda been extra time and pens.

When i watch football, i want to see a genuine winner. BORING.

I hate draws. No team should win because of being equal. Man City winning the prem on goal difference is as bad as it gets but Real Madrid all having orgasm's and celebrating with a trophy in a 4-4, i hate it. It's probably my most hated thing in football. If you're good enough, win right? yeah they won 2-1, but they lost 3-2, why do they win. Just crap.

Man Utd and Man City shoulda had a one-off final at Wembley for the title or a 2 legged decider.

Real Madrid and Barca shouldn't have had away goals. It shoulda been extra time and pens.

When i watch football, i want to see a genuine winner. BORING.

I somewhat agree with you on Man city and Man utd, because GD is just an unfair way to determine a league Champion. But if it was even decided with the 2 games between both sides (1-6, 1-0) Man city will still come out on top, so there's not much to complain about.

On Barca and Madrid, i don't see a problem really, Madrid scored 2 goals away from home and thus deserved to win.

I somewhat agree with you on Man city and Man utd, because GD is just an unfair way to determine a league Champion. But if it was even decided with the 2 games between both sides (1-6, 1-0) Man city will still come out on top, so there's not much to complain about.

On Barca and Madrid, i don't see a problem really, Madrid scored 2 goals away from home and thus deserved to win.

I disagree with you, I don't mind goal difference to determine who should win a league because it's all about who is more consistent and better for the whole year

I disagree with you, I don't mind goal difference to determine who should win a league because it's all about who is more consistent and better for the whole year

Each to their own, i just think a fairer way will be games between the 2 sides.

Goal difference is still goal difference, if a winner cannot be decided on points, its goes to goal difference then goals score then head to head, then if it's all level a decider.

Same with 2 legged ties, it's harder to score away goals so if you tie it goes down to who got more away goals, thats fine had Torres not scored late on in the Nou Camp we would this forum have protested for extra time instead of celebrating us getting to Munich?