La Liga Thread

Steve

More coo about it? You mean like ETA and their car bombs and assassinations? The Basques are, unlike the Catalans, a separate ethnic group with a language that's not even related to the romance languages in the area. Catalonia is somewhat like Scotland is to England, connected and similar in many ways, but still a separate entity. The Basques are sort of like the Kurds, an ethnic group who was enormously oppressed by the government, has their own language, and whose boundaries are in multiple countries (Spain and France) and feel they deserve their own country.

Take it as you may, for the most part what i talk about here is guided footballistically. Bilbao has never been as aggressive towards us as barcelona regarding the politics as a football club and base, and even now they are not as agressive politically or their people as individuals as cataluna from what i have seen. Thanks for the history lesson but i stand with what i said for the record.

Take it as you may, for the most part what i talk about here is guided footballistically. Bilbao has never been as aggressive towards us as barcelona regarding the politics as a football club and base, and even now they are not as agressive politically or their people as individuals as cataluna from what i have seen. Thanks for the history lesson but i stand with what i said for the record.

That's because Bilbao is a minor club and Barcelona have been the best club in the world over the past decade. We've faced Barcelona in a number of closely contested, key games. As far as I know, we've never played a match against Bilbao. Of course there's going to be competition and conflict against Barcelona and none against Bilbao. Plenty of Chelsea fans dislike Barcelona and I'm pretty sure we're all ambivalent about Bilbao. It's like saying "people from Torquay are cooler than people from North London because Arsenal and Spurs fans always attack us and Torquay United supporters don't."

That's because Bilbao is a minor club and Barcelona have been the best club in the world over the past decade. We've faced Barcelona in a number of closely contested, key games. As far as I know, we've never played a match against Bilbao. Of course there's going to be competition and conflict against Barcelona and none against Bilbao. Plenty of Chelsea fans dislike Barcelona and I'm pretty sure we're all ambivalent about Bilbao. It's like saying "people from Torquay are cooler than people from North London because Arsenal and Spurs fans always attack us and Torquay United supporters don't."

No you still havent understood what im trying to say. Overall the bilbao feeling for seperatism for spain is less than that of barcelona's both football ad politically. it doesnt mean ther are actualy Cool about it, but they are MORE cool about it, as funny as it may sound. Ive said enough about this.

At this point we are getting off topic regarding ramires, and i cant care less for him coming to madrid and i have already stated so so lets just end it here, as this is not the thread for it. Go to the madrid thread or just look the other way after the following..

Now again i find you rambling jibberish from your keyboard here. There is no delusional thinking under that context, atleast not from me or the club or the players. Mourinho likes hard working people and has fallen under a certain mold and profile of players but he adapts to the situation and has done so well here. You have still said nothing new, relevant, nothing.

And then the 3rd paragraph, i can understand where that vision of yours comes from, and let me tell you that its wrong, its laughably wrong and this is all. Play at their own game? Open your mind and see the world as it is..no one is trying to out play them at their own game, you are looking at it wrong.

If you're not going to play them at their own game why insist on signing Modric ahead of a worker? And what is irrelevant? The main goal of Real Madrid at this point is surely to overtake Barcelona as the leading club in the world. As Zinedine Zidane said (I paraphrase here), why put on extra layers of gold paint on the Bentley when there is no engine?

Also, the Basques are far more violent in separatism than the Catalans. They are somewhat similar to Sri Lankan Tamil's. I take that back, as a Sri Lankan Tamil I hate how people automatically assume I support the LTTE. Not one member of my family supports the Liberation Tigers, and neither do the majority of Sri Lankan Tamil's I know.

If you're not going to play them at their own game why insist on signing Modric ahead of a worker?

Who says we are signing modric? Dont talk in absolutes like that.

And then when it comes to the midfield and order of play, just because you are trying to find pieces of work in your midfield to improve in some way, it doesnt mean that you are trying to do the same thing.

Do you watch modric play? He is similar to granero only miles better at certain aspects. Granero would be a good partner to alonso but he isnt secure enough at several aspects to surpass khedira as the partner of alonso. A Modrid-Sahin midfield for all that we know could do what ours can but with much more mobility, and ability to retain possesion of the ball, that though does not mean we attempt tiki taka ffs.

You sound like you have no clue about our scheme, which apparently you dont mate.

For the record when you post something, post it correctly, dont edit it, or else that seems like you are unsure about what you are writing and it may leave my response lacking as you keep adding to it.

I cant care less for basque talk right now, sorry mate but lets not get into that political nonsense.

We play at our own game and have done well doing so this season. Theres not much more to say. Its your view thats wrong. We wont ever try to play like barcelona, out football is quick, fast, and vertical, with priority on goals.

Anything else?

I meant you, not the club. I'm talking to you as a fan, not a technical director at Real Madrid. Why is it you prefer playmakers to workers if not to usher in an era of possession football at Real Madrid?

So by now, now that you have nothing else to say you ask me this? :clown:

I will answer it with similar fashion as before. I am not interested in possession football, here is where you have assumed WRONG, and incorrectly. I dont want ramires because he does not impress me, if mourinho wants a similar player he will get him but i dont think thats what he wants. You dont know whats going on inside my head, but you write in absolutes and ask question along those lines.

Javi martinez, and yaya toure would be better additions than ramires, martinez is like a 2nd coming of redondo ffs, hed be a very good player.

We play different football and a different scheme, we are vertical, those players would improve over khedira, and an aging alonso.

Sahin-Toure

Sahin-Martinez

Alonso-Toure

Alonso-Modric

Sahin-Modric

and dozens of more possibilities, it can only improve this team.

And by the way, i always imagine a team in a realistic boundary, i have to think about other factors such as the manager and club and history and style and current situations.

I cant just talk as a "fan" whatever that means.

thats why i puke at all the ridiculous van persie, rooney, aguero, silva, etc, transfer rumours linked to us at times by joke newspapers such as daily mail and the sun, and even marca.

I always see things from as good as a view as possible.

So Yaya Touré is a realistic target even though he often stated his desire to return to Barcelona one day?

I talk about possible players that have been linked with us, such as modric has with us, i have no idea if he will come here or not, but he is a player that would do us good.

Ask him about his barcelona thoughts, only he knows the truth, quote what hes said about barcelona.

I have never read anything as absolute like that come from him. He has never stated his desire to return to barcelona, nor would they get him back.

I talk about possible players that have been linked with us, such as modric has with us, i have no idea if he will come here or not, but he is a player that would do us good.

Ask him about his barcelona thoughts, only he knows the truth, quote what hes said about barcelona.

I have never read anything as absolute like that come from him. He has never stated his desire to return to barcelona, nor would they get him back.

The players you listed earlier while linked by gutter press are still linked with your club. It's is hypocritical to discuss Modric while not discussing Silva even if the source is less reputable. If you puke over Silva than you most definitly should puke over Touré.

"I said two years ago that I would return. It's been the most important team for me and if they call you don't think twice. I love Barcelona.

"In the press conference I did when I left I said I would return, in life you never know what will happen tomorrow, it's been the team of my life and I would like to finish my sporting career here. If I could return, it would be great."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/09/manchester-city-yaya-toure-barcelona

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9254253/Manchester-Citys-Yaya-Toure-wants-Barcelona-return.html

The players you listed earlier while linked by gutter press are still linked with your club. It's is hypocritical to discuss Modric while not discussing Silva even if the source is less reputable. If you puke over Silva than you most definitly should puke over Touré.

http://www.guardian....toure-barcelona

http://www.telegraph...ona-return.html

Wrong, silva is a pipe dream, i judge based on positions, the past, the future, there are many tangibles which one needs to bring up, so once again you are generalizing here and i give you a thumbs down, disappointing.

Regarding toure, anything can happen with him, he might still come here, barcelona will NEVER call him as they have no reason to. I can see him coming here happening.

Wrong, silva is a pipe dream, i judge based on positions, the past, the future, there are many tangibles which one needs to bring up, so once again you are generalizing here and i give you a thumbs down, disappointing.

Regarding toure, anything can happen with him, he might still come here, barcelona will NEVER call him as they have no reason to. I can see him coming here happening.

You are generalising with Touré saying that "barcelona will never call him as they have no reason to" [sic]. Sure the Barça Midfield is stacked at the moment and there is no place for him, but you are making wild assumptions and generalising by stating he wouldn't return. Touré is also a pipe dream and you fool yourself with grandiose delusion.

I give you two thumbs down and shortly afterhand two digitus medius up.

You are generalising with Touré saying that "barcelona will never call him as they have no reason to" [sic]. Sure the Barça Midfield is stacked at the moment and there is no place for him, but you are making wild assumptions and generalising by stating he wouldn't return. Touré is also a pipe dream and you fool yourself with grandiose delusion.

I give you two thumbs down and shortly afterhand two digitus medius up.

Not generalizing about toure at all, stating a valid conclusion. the guy is almost 30 and there is no room, and that is also one of the reasons im not SOO enthusiastic about him coming here for 2-3 years and then goodbye, but for the time being he could prove well, and i see nothing TOO concrete from which i can call his transfer here a pipe dream, Let him come out and say no eh? :clown:

You got nothing there again bud.

I give you an F, back to pre-school for you. :fainthv9:

Not generalizing about toure at all, stating a valid conclusion. the guy is almost 30 and there is no room, and that is also one of the reasons im not SOO enthusiastic about him coming here for 2-3 years and then goodbye, but for the time being he could prove well, and i see nothing TOO concrete from which i can call his transfer here a pipe dream, Let him come out and say no eh? :clown:

You got nothing there again bud.

I give you an F, back to pre-school for you. :fainthv9:

You lack sufficient proof. I have supplied statments coming directly from the man himself that he would love to play for Barç again. Also, the last time I checked Real Madrid's Midfield was also stacked.

Alonso

Sahin

Granero

Diarra

Khedira

All fighting for the double pivot role. There is 2.5 players for each of the two midfield positions.

Xavi

Iniesta (also plays in the forward positions)

Busquets (also plays at CB)

Thiago

Mascherano (also plays at CB)

Fabregas (also plays in the Forward positions)

Keita

All fighting for a three midfield places. There is 2.333 players for each of three midfield positions.

You lack sufficient proof. I have supplied statments coming directly from the man himself that he would love to play for Barç again. Also, the last time I checked Real Madrid's Midfield was also stacked.

Alonso

Sahin

Granero

Diarra

Khedira

All fighting for the double pivot role. There is 2.5 players for each of the two midfield positions.

Xavi

Iniesta (also plays in the forward positions)

Busquets (also plays at CB)

Thiago

Mascherano (also plays at CB)

Fabregas (also plays in the Forward positions)

Keita

All fighting for a three midfield places. There is 2.333 players for each of three midfield positions.

Nah you are being narrow minded now.

It truly is impossible due to the quality of barca's midfield. Yaya toure could be used if they NEEDED of his service but they dont at the moment, and even if they do in the next couple of years he would be 31 or so and there would probably be better options, and anyways as long as busquets is there toure would always be a squad player, warming the bench.

While in madrid we have no one like him, he would bench khedira, and lass is practically out already. Granero, sahin, alonso are different and needed.

Apples and Oranges.

Sigh..you wont beat me so just go eat a sandwich, you just keep replying in an attempt to prove me wrong, when im not because i know what im talking about, and you know that,you are trying to beat my will, and thats why you keep replying even though you said youd ignore me in the other thread. Its getting late here, and id rather sleep than keep going in circles with you.

Cheerio.

Edit: if you really are interested in engaging in leveled discussion for the plain enrichment of knowledge, mutual at that, then im open, but you are trying to beat me with faulty and ill logic and intentions and you cant, thats all.

By the way capra, capriccioso, whatever your name is ( i cant recall how exactly to spell it), i respect the fact that you came up to me in a 50-60 percent respectable way, with some ok points but in the end faulty logic, atleast you didnt implode like others, you just stopped for your own reasons.

Cheers.

Edit: and about that article on swiss ramble, it has things that i had a basic understanding of already. Real Madrid is top class when it comes to revenue, profit, ffp, ability to pay debt, future, etc.

The tv deals and how la liga is dieing is unfortunate for those who care but all i care about in that league is madrid, and as long as we dominate in style, all the others in la liga can sort of burn for all that i care.

To finalize ramires, a player with his tools but at a higher caliber would be good for mourinho, he likes players that can give good to his team, but ramires doesnt impress me for the most part, and i doubt he impresses mourinho, and even if he does, its irrelevent.