La Liga Thread

Steve

Basically the league is already over. Glad for Sevilla anyway, bout time they started establishing themselves again.

Barcelona won 4-1 at a place Real Madrid lost. They're coasting it.

And that just reinforces why La Liga is so boring. Madrid can still win it, as Sheva pointed out, but they would need to go on a real long winning streak and hope Barcelona slip up here and there along the way.

And that just reinforces why La Liga is so boring. Madrid can still win it, as Sheva pointed out, but they would need to go on a real long winning streak and hope Barcelona slip up here and there along the way.

Anyone actually watching the games last night would completely disagree with you. Two cracking matches, both completely different but both filled with quality in their own way. Ye Real Madrid have a mountain to climb but discounting Madtid this early is silly, though this particular mountain is the greatest team of their generation.

Anyone actually watching the games last night would completely disagree with you. Two cracking matches, both completely different but both filled with quality in their own way. Ye Real Madrid have a mountain to climb but discounting Madtid this early is silly, though this particular mountain is the greatest team of their generation.

Was talking about the title race, not the entertainment of La Liga.

Still it's hardly over already and it's not as if Barcelona have had it easy so far either. The word "boring" certainly isn't the right one to use.

It's boring because practically, we only see the two same teams challenging for the title every season and if one falters like the way Madrid have been, then suddenly, there's like only one team left in the race running away with it. Barcelona may not have had it easy so far but they still won, didn't they? It's 12 points out of 12 for them while Madrid only have 4 out of 12 so far. And as for ruling Madrid out, I never said anything specifically regarding that. If anything, I still think they can claw their way back. You only have to look at my reply to Rmpr's post above to see my implying that.

It's boring because practically, we only see the two same teams challenging for the title every season and if one falters like the way Madrid have been, then suddenly, there's like only one team left in the race running away with it. Barcelona may not have had it easy so far but they still won, didn't they? It's 12 points out of 12 for them while Madrid only have 4 out of 12 so far. And as for ruling Madrid out, I never said anything specifically regarding that. If anything, I still think they can claw their way back. You only have to look at my reply to Rmpr's post above to see my implying that.

But what you fail to mention is that the two teams challenging are the two greatest teams in the world, one of which is arguably the greatest team ever. Yes Barcelona have won but it hasn't been straightforward and I don't think they will end with a 100% record.

Great then you think Madrid are still in it, meaning we still have a title race.

But what you fail to mention is that the two teams challenging are the two greatest teams in the world, one of which is arguably the greatest team ever. Yes Barcelona have won but it hasn't been straightforward and I don't think they will end with a 100% record.

Great then you think Madrid are still in it, meaning we still have a title race.

I couldn't care less if they are the two greatest teams in the world or not. At the end of day, it's still only the 2 same teams challenging for the title.

I couldn't care less if they are the two greatest teams in the world or not. At the end of day, it's still only the 2 same teams challenging for the title.

Yes it is but it is the two greatest teams in the world challenging for the title, you know it's the two greatest sides in the world challenging for the title, the winner being the greatest side in the world on that given season. Of course there are other things to take into account like the Champions League but in no other league are there two teams of the quality of Barcelona and Real Madrid or with the individual quality of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Ronaldo.

How many title races aren't 2 horse races? Man City and Man Utd was a two horse race last season, it might be again this season. Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are the two outstanding teams in Germany. Italy is a bit more open but the quality in that league has really declined compared to what it was.

If you want to look beyond the title race then there is so much else happening in La Liga and so much quality. We saw it first hand against Atletico Madrid. We saw it last season with Athletic Bilbao (though they are having problems this season), we saw it with Sevilla last night, we often see it with Valencia, we've seen it so far with Malaga who have gotten off to an excellent start this season. There is genuine quality on show.

I want Valencia to win La Liga.

There have been nine teams to win La Liga in it's eighty-three year existence (three seasons didn't happen due to the civil war, so really it's eighty). Real Madrid and Barça have won a total of fifty-three times that leaves twenty-seven titles split between six clubs.

Fuck FC Barcelona

Fuck Real Madrid

Fuck the duopoly

Fuck biased TV revenue

Fuck Marca and La Vanguardia

Fuck Fiorentino Perez

Fuck Barça DNA

Fuck Galacticos

Fuck La Maisa

Fuck Castilla

Fuck Tiki Taka

Fuck the El Clasico

Yes it is but it is the two greatest teams in the world challenging for the title, you know it's the two greatest sides in the world challenging for the title, the winner being the greatest side in the world on that given season. Of course there are other things to take into account like the Champions League but in no other league are there two teams of the quality of Barcelona and Real Madrid or with the individual quality of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Ronaldo.

How many title races aren't 2 horse races? Man City and Man Utd was a two horse race last season, it might be again this season. Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are the two outstanding teams in Germany. Italy is a bit more open but the quality in that league has really declined compared to what it was.

If you want to look beyond the title race then there is so much else happening in La Liga and so much quality. We saw it first hand against Atletico Madrid. We saw it last season with Athletic Bilbao (though they are having problems this season), we saw it with Sevilla last night, we often see it with Valencia, we've seen it so far with Malaga who have gotten off to an excellent start this season. There is genuine quality on show.

:doh: Of course the La Liga has quality in it. Never said anything to deny that! I was talking about the title race and only about the title race alone and the fact that it has only 2 teams challenging for it every season now from start to finish makes it uninteresting when you look at it as a whole.

:doh: Of course the La Liga has quality in it. Never said anything to deny that! I was talking about the title race and only about the title race alone and the fact that it has only 2 teams challenging for it every season now from start to finish makes it uninteresting when you look at it as a whole.

Why? Maybe if you were from Seville or a region in Spain other than Barcelona and Madrid and you supported a club other than Barcelona and Real Madrid then I could probably understand your argument. However you appear to be English, meaning you are viewing it from a completely different angle than you would be if you were a Spanish supporter of a club other than the big two. Put simply you, like myself, are an observer. As an observer with no particularly strong allegiance to a Spanish club there is no emotional attachment there for you. For the sake of the argument I will assume that you watch La Liga, in which case you watch it for the quality. In terms of quality it's faultless.

Would it be nice to have a third team challenge for the title? Sure. However put Real Madrid and Barcelona in any other league and they would remain the two outstanding teams in any given league, such is their quality. So what if it is those two every reason? They are the two best teams in the world, they are constantly evolving, constantly revolutionising, constantly improving, always pushing each other. It's a great title race.

Why? Maybe if you were from Seville or a region in Spain other than Barcelona and Madrid and you supported a club other than Barcelona and Real Madrid then I could probably understand your argument. However you appear to be English, meaning you are viewing it from a completely different angle than you would be if you were a Spanish supporter of a club other than the big two. Put simply you, like myself, are an observer. As an observer with no particularly strong allegiance to a Spanish club there is no emotional attachment there for you. For the sake of the argument I will assume that you watch La Liga, in which case you watch it for the quality. In terms of quality it's faultless.

Would it be nice to have a third team challenge for the title? Sure. However put Real Madrid and Barcelona in any other league and they would remain the two outstanding teams in any given league, such is their quality. So what if it is those two every reason? They are the two best teams in the world, they are constantly evolving, constantly revolutionising, constantly improving, always pushing each other. It's a great title race.

Ook, never mind. We are obviously not seeing eye to eye here. Will just have to agree to disagree then.