Josh McEachran

Term-X

It seems he picked the perfect team. He's sure to get loads of playing time there and can develop and impress. I always knew Josh's passing and vision had the potential to be a class above. He'd be brilliant in a 4-3-3. He is definitely a regista in the making. However I think the only way he'd get playing time here would be in the double pivots.

2 thing's a young player needs to make it at a club challenging at the top, firstly the quality to do it and secondly the patience to wait for the break through.

Josh has the first and then some, if he has the second then he will be a top top player for us, no doubt about it.

"I wanted to go to a team that played good football and as we saw tonight, Middlesbrough play good football," the 19-year-old told BBC Tees.

"There are top players here, it's not a big step down."

"I trained with the boys on Monday, we worked on shape play, and then I started the game," he said.

"It's my first 90 minutes for a bit so I had to find my feet but as the game went on I thought I did better and better."

"I hope Middlesbrough get promoted and I'm part of it," said McEachran.

"I've played with some of the boys when we've been with England U21 - the likes of Jason Steele, Joe Bennett, Luke Williams - so that has helped.

"I'm still trying to find a place to live up here and when I do that and am settled, things will get even better."

Mowbray on Josh :

"He'll enable us to be as fluent as we want to be really, and then if teams come pressing us he has the quality to pick the passes to the strikers and the other midfield players who are playing higher up.".

.........................................................................................................

Fair to say he's enjoying himself there.