Josh McEachran

Term-X

Its not just about him being patient - Romans/the boards addiction to buying ready made players rather than the academy's failings is the real issue.

Now that we are attracting higher quality youth players, globally, and with FFP kicking in, then I suspect we'll see a few more breaking through.

From what I have seen he isn't at the same level as an Oscar or Hazard. He has a couple of years on them but I'm not sure he is as quick, strong or as skilful.. Would be happily proved wrong!

The thing is it is not just us out of the top club's that have failed miserably at promoting youth players in the past decade, were just the one's scapegoated for some reason.

United only really brought though Fletcher through the whole of the 00's, Welbeck and Cleverly have broke through recently but that was after a full season on loan in the Premier League and they were both in their 20's when Fergie started playing them, so they had to be patient.

Liverpool have brought no one through since Gerrard, apart from really Kelly. I don't count Spearing as he has only made minimal more appearances there than McEachran has for us and he's 4 years older than Josh.

Teams that give youth a chance from a young age usually lose them by the time they get to 22, Rodwell the latest the long list of examples. Had City not got took over they would have lost Richards and Hart years ago.

The thing is it is not just us out of the top club's that have failed miserably at promoting youth players in the past decade, were just the one's scapegoated for some reason.

United only really brought though Fletcher through the whole of the 00's, Welbeck and Cleverly have broke through recently but that was after a full season on loan in the Premier League and they were both in their 20's when Fergie started playing them, so they had to be patient.

Liverpool have brought no one through since Gerrard, apart from really Kelly. I don't count Spearing as he has only made minimal more appearances there than McEachran has for us and he's 4 years older than Josh.

Teams that give youth a chance from a young age usually lose them by the time they get to 22, Rodwell the latest the long list of examples. Had City not got took over they would have lost Richards and Hart years ago.

Yup, that was my original point. Have to remember that Cobham hasn't been there even ten years yet, and clubs like Man U and Arsenal have had a system in place for decades.

How many of these players that have gone onto play for them from their academies have really improved their squads ? - just a handful.

We have Bertrand looking like the real deal, and other players have shown that they can perform at a good level when given the chance. Rewind to the Eighties and Mceachran would slot in perfectly with Spackman, Speedie et al.

It's just at the level we're at now, off the shelf 'Class A eggs from Waitrose; (to quote someone special) is what the board deem suitable.

Some more quotes on a Boro forum

Now it was his first game, he's only been here 2 days and I wasn't even there, but I think this lad is the missing link. It sound like he was everywhere and involved in everything. Really excited to see what he can do once he's on the same page as the others.

Yep, hes exactly what we haven't had for several years now. If he can find a good level of consistency, he'll be a very important player for us this season.

]Just hope hes not too good that he gets called back to replace Ramires or Oscar in January

This is a good loan because Tony Mowbray is a pretty good manager, likes to play football which will suit Josh. If he impresses early doors, I wouldn't be surprised if Boro build their team around his creativity.

I honestly think he is at least two years away from the Chelsea team. He's not 20 until March. Remember that Bertrand is only coming through now and has already just turned 23. A good loan this season at Boro and I can see him having a loan spell next season at either Boro again if they get promoted or one of the Championship teams that do get promoted to the Prem.

@BoroYouths: For all those asking about Josh McEachran, he is a very very tidy player. Had a good game but wasted at right midfield.

@BoroYouths: When he came inside later on he was the 'string pulling midfielder' that we have been missing.

I honestly think he is at least two years away from the Chelsea team.

If he is the main man to getting Boro promoted and they want him for their Premiership campaign he would have a pretty solid platform to force his way in with us.

If he is the main man to getting Boro promoted and they want him for their Premiership campaign he would have a pretty solid platform to force his way in with us.

Agreed. Although I don't think Boro are one of the front runners for promotion. However even if they didn't go up, if he shines in the Championship then one of the promoted sides are more likely to take him on loan when they go up to the Premiership.

Our team 'COULD' 'POSSIBLY' look a bit like this in 3-4 years time:

Cech

Bertrand,Luiz,cahill,Azpi

McEchran,Oscar

Hulk,Mata,Hazard

Lukaku

McEachran and Oscar as defensive midfielders would never work :) I think Josh would work very good with a really good DM though. Oscar should play higher up the pitch.

My mates said he was unreal yesterday, a few of them went to the game and said he was just immense everytime he got the ball.

Boro have such a good academy and developement process, look at Rhys Williams for example, what a class player from the academy, and then Luke Williams and Adam Reach another two from there academy scored screamers.

A good forum for you lads to check up on is oneBoro, that is quite active. I can really see McEachran doing very well here, and he will get huge support, i think it's going to be happy times.

Agreed. Although I don't think Boro are one of the front runners for promotion. However even if they didn't go up, if he shines in the Championship then one of the promoted sides are more likely to take him on loan when they go up to the Premiership.

They are favourites for 2nd on predictions, so they are favourites for promotion.

Bolton, Wolves and Blackburn don't look like they're going back up, where as last season you had West Ham and Southampton who where hugely tipped.

I think the only real threat in the Championship this season is Nottingham Forrest, and who cares if they do well our Sam Hutchingson plays for them too.

This is a good loan because Tony Mowbray is a pretty good manager, likes to play football which will suit Josh. If he impresses early doors, I wouldn't be surprised if Boro build their team around his creativity.

I honestly think he is at least two years away from the Chelsea team. He's not 20 until March. Remember that Bertrand is only coming through now and has already just turned 23. A good loan this season at Boro and I can see him having a loan spell next season at either Boro again if they get promoted or one of the Championship teams that do get promoted to the Prem.

EXACTLY, people are too impatient, look at Lukaku for example, he's fucking 19 for fuck sake and people where already losing faith in him.