Josh McEachran

Term-X

Eh? Are you sure? Haven't seen anything regarding it on Twitter. Did you confuse between him and Rohan Ince?

This was about a week or so ago, Hutch was sent back to Cobham just for standard, precautionary tests after having a minor injury on his knee, isn't related to the recurring problems he has but it was just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit Josh, bulk up. You've got everything except the physicality. Dammit if you don't make it, who the hell will? Dammit you and Chalobah better get some starts for Chelsea next season.

WTH with the random rant?!

On loan Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran has added defensive strength as well as the expected attacking flair to Middlesbrough, according to manager Tony Mowbray.

The nineteen-year-old is currently on a season-long loan from the Champions League winners and continues to impress with his natural ability at the Riverside.

"He is a wonderful footballer, very easy on the eye and it's very rare that he gives the ball away," Mowbray told the Evening Gazette. "He picks the right option and the right pass. Josh will only get stronger and uses his body as best he can defensively as well.

"You can see he is a waif of a boy and yet he is strong," he added. "I think he has developed the fact that he has to be bodily strong, otherwise he would just get knocked about."

Read more: http://www.middlesbr...6#ixzz298Da5S9o

That is great to hear. I am confident more than ever that, if given a proper chance, Josh will become a regular for us.

On a side note, I would like to thank you for your constantly informative posts about our youth players. They are very much appreciated :)

Oscar is proof that Josh was always ready to play in the first team. When he comes back I expect to see Josh involved a lot more in our first team. His size isn't an issue anymore and even a blind man can see that.

Oscar is proof that Josh was always ready to play in the first team. When he comes back I expect to see Josh involved a lot more in our first team. His size isn't an issue anymore and even a blind man can see that.

what makes you think that? Oscar and josh are different players.

what makes you think that? Oscar and josh are different players.

I was referring to their size of build.. Doesn't take a genius to see what i was getting at. Yes they are very different players but on the ball they both similar in the sense that they have top draw ability with what they do with it. So size shouldn't be an issue when considering weather Josh is ready for first team selection, that is what i was getting at.

I was referring to their size of build.. Doesn't take a genius to see what i was getting at. Yes they are very different players but on the ball they both similar in the sense that they have top draw ability with what they do with it. So size shouldn't be an issue when considering weather Josh is ready for first team selection, that is what i was getting at.

Oscar is a lot more ready for first team action than Josh is. Remember, Oscar is practically the starting number 10 for the Brazil senior team.

If you or anyone thought that Josh wasn't ready for first team because of his size, then shame on you. It's not his size that kept him out of the team. It was because he isn't nowhere near ready, unlike Oscar who is far more experienced and has more talent too.

Oscar is a lot more ready for first team action than Josh is. Remember, Oscar is practically the starting number 10 for the Brazil senior team.

If you or anyone thought that Josh wasn't ready for first team because of his size, then shame on you. It's not his size that kept him out of the team. It was because he isn't nowhere near ready, unlike Oscar who is far more experienced and has more talent too.

I disagree that Josh isn't ready. Define to me what 'ready' is! Josh has incredible talent and to say he isn't as gifted as Oscar is a bit extreme. Josh always performed fantastically when given a chance in our first team. He would fit into this new look Chelsea like a dream, with his intricate passing ability and possession football that totally suits his game. How are we to know weather he is ready if he isn't given a long run of games in the first team to see how he deals with rising to the occasion. Oscar has been given these chances and mark my words if Josh had been brought for around 25 million pounds he would be given that chance because Robbie would be put under pressure to do so. I've seen Josh playing a fair few times and from the Mathew Harding Lower stand he looks more than impressive when on the ball.

I disagree that Josh isn't ready. Define to me what 'ready' is! Josh has incredible talent and to say he isn't as gifted as Oscar is a bit extreme. Josh always performed fantastically when given a chance in our first team. He would fit into this new look Chelsea like a dream, with his intricate passing ability and possession football that totally suits his game. How are we to know weather he is ready if he isn't given a long run of games in the first team to see how he deals with rising to the occasion. Oscar has been given these chances and mark my words if Josh had been brought for around 25 million pounds he would be given that chance because Robbie would be put under pressure to do so. I've seen Josh playing a fair few times and from the Mathew Harding Lower stand he looks more than impressive when on the ball.

I don't think it's audacious in any way to say that Oscar is more talented than Josh. Josh is a talented guy indeed, but he doesn't have the mantle to play in that number 10 role Oscar plays in. He's not going to play in the pivot either when he has Mikel, Lampard and Ramires in front if him.

I'm saying that Josh isn't ready yet because he isn't even close to finding where his best position is. Is he good enough to start as a number 10 week in week out like Oscar does for CFC and Brazil? Is he good enough to displace the likes of Lampard, Ramires and Mikel in the pivot? The answer right now IMO is that he isn't, not yet anyway. We'll see how he develops during this loan spell. He's still got a lot of time on his hands to develop and integrate into the first team, but for now in my honest opinion Josh isn't ready yet.