Josh McEachran

Term-X

He should go to a team like Brighton who like to play the right way and has ambition to improve. The Championship is made of young squads full of players who have come through the ranks like Josh has for us. He'd feel at home there with everyone around or below his level. Josh has the game to be a great championship player and that will give him great confidence to come back and fight for his place. It will also be good to see where he is in terms of his level. He needs to show Chelsea that he's a higher level than the players in the 2nd tier.

He needs to bulk up, play lots of consecutive games and be a star at that level.

It would be hard for him in the prem as he'll be up against players, week in, week out who are a higher level and he wouldn't be able to stand out enough. He has to take it one step at a time.

He should go to a team like Brighton who like to play the right way and has ambition to improve. The Championship is made of young squads full of players who have come through the ranks like Josh has for us. He'd feel at home there with everyone around or below his level. Josh has the game to be a great championship player and that will give him great confidence to come back and fight for his place. It will also be good to see where he is in terms of his level. He needs to show Chelsea that he's a higher level than the players in the 2nd tier.

Going to Boro wouldn't be a bad thing too. Tony Mowbray is a manager who is known to play good attacking football.

Getting him 25 or more apps at championship will do him very well, its not like Championship team are severe downgrade in terms of football. Just look at Swansea and Norwich last season, it only shows how competitive Championship is.

Hate to know that one of the best young players will not be the future of this club , SkySports are reporting that he might leave , not on loan but a definitive transfer , is that possible ?

Well, if we doesnt have any plan for him then i dont mind this happening. He deserves more. He is one of my favorite players.

Well, if we doesnt have any plan for him then i dont mind this happening. He deserves more. He is one of my favorite players.

To let him go on loan in the Championship would be a good thing , but to sell him , we'll repeat the same mistake that we've made with Borini

I don't know how the outcome of this loan deal will be, but on the paper it's a wise deal from the board and I believe they got it right to send him in the Championship. Premier League teams don't play a lot of youngsters from their academy. There is too much competition in this league to afford to play a lot the young players. There is always a battle to avoid the relegation, a battle to be in the Europa League, a battle to be in the Champions League. As a matter of fact, coaches opt to go for a safe bet and thus play experienced players ahead of young ones. So... Why would they bother to develop youngsters from other teams ? This is why our loanees have been to many times overlooked in the PL (McEachran, Kakuta, Van Aaholt, etc...). Due to a less high level, the Championship is a league more suited to give youth a try. Between, let's say, 18-21, this is a pivotal momemt of your career, these are ages where you need to have playing time, in order to improve yourself and to envolve into a finished product. If you cannot have playing time, then you won't fulfil your potential. Josh is 19 years-old. He needs a lot of playing time. This is better to get more than 30 games under your belt in a season in the Championship than 10 games in the Premiership. Therefore it makes sense to send him to Middlesbrough, where he will be most likely to participate to plenty of games. Furthermore, he has yet to have his adult body. He has a frail physic and will suffer from it in the PL. He will face a less physical game - I guess - and it will give him time to bulk up his body in order to be ready for the English Premier League next season.

That's just an assumption...there's no evidence that the championship will actually be a step down in physicality, although I suppose the game will be slower.

I agree that sending players like Bertrand, or even strikers like Lukaku to the championship is a good move as it can help improve your technical attributes. But in Josh's case, I don't think its the same. I feel that he thrives on the attacking runs/positioning of other players so that he can influence the play with his passes. I doubt he will encounter too many of such players in the championship.

no man, not wolves! wolves play rubbish football

Yeah because it worked out brilliantly for him at beautiful football-playing Swansea. Makes more sense for him to go to a place that needs his talents, not one where he'd be one of several doing the same thing.

Middlesborough will be a fantastic move for him, a club just outside the play off places last season, a player of Josh's caliber could push them up there.

Boro have a tremendous record of bringing players through from their academy ...could be a good place for a loan

Yeah because it worked out brilliantly for him at beautiful football-playing Swansea. Makes more sense for him to go to a place that needs his talents, not one where he'd be one of several doing the same thing.

yeah and look at disanto. played at blackburn as a targetman, came back shiat. still shiat now.

shows how a manager's football philosophy can destroy young players