Josh McEachran

Term-X

Come on, he's 19. He will be stronger in a couple of years.

All about opinions. I have made it clear over the years on this forum that the 'youth' is primarily window dressing, and ready made articles off the shelf are what the board primarily buy, in order to satisfy the diet of silverware that is requisite for a club of the present stature.

Be good if he did though....

What are Boro up to these days ?

Anyone with a summery of their game ?

All I can remember when I saw them last, they played some sort of rugby tackle/tactics football.

They usually play a 4-3-3, McEachran should fit there nicely, because Barry Robson who was there magic man and playmaker last season has left, and they need a replacement, and McEachran is even better as a playmaker so i think he will do well there.

Well we've been crying out for a championship loan for Josh and some of our other young prospects, so personally I'm delighted with this move. If he fails to make it there, at least as a regular sub, he has only himself to blame.

All about opinions. I have made it clear over the years on this forum that the 'youth' is primarily window dressing, and ready made articles off the shelf are what the board primarily buy, in order to satisfy the diet of silverware that is requisite for a club of the present stature.

Be good if he did though....

Whether Josh makes it at Chelsea is down to him, to make it at a top club challenging for trophies you need two things, quality and patience, Ryan is the prime example.

Now Josh is undoubted quality so he is half way there, whether he makes it here depends on whether he is patient enough to bide his time like Ryan did.

it's a good move for Josh, hopefully now he will show everyone who he is and how good he is. Nice tweet from Ash too, he went to Palace as a youngster on loan, he knows what it's all about. It's about time Boro stopped being shit too... 'mon the boro.

Whether Josh makes it at Chelsea is down to him, to make it at a top club challenging for trophies you need two things, quality and patience, Ryan is the prime example.

Now Josh is undoubted quality so he is half way there, whether he makes it here depends on whether he is patient enough to bide his time like Ryan did.

Its not just about him being patient - Romans/the boards addiction to buying ready made players rather than the academy's failings is the real issue.

Now that we are attracting higher quality youth players, globally, and with FFP kicking in, then I suspect we'll see a few more breaking through.

From what I have seen he isn't at the same level as an Oscar or Hazard. He has a couple of years on them but I'm not sure he is as quick, strong or as skilful.. Would be happily proved wrong!