Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

I love how ignorant our fans are. He isn't going to make it. He isn't good enough, it's as simple as that. People like to make out our youth players are better than they are and perhaps make out they stand a chance but when they don't shine at Championship level you know they won't make it. Kakuta was the same. We should get a decent sum for him that'll go nicely towards FFP though.

If you didn't see my big-ass post in the McEachran thread the other day, this may seem alien to you, but I've now turned gay for you. :wub:

Going to get Gay4WHS on my next Chelsea top.

I'm 20, what's your point?

Let's place judgement now when he has yet to prove anything of such and the mere fact he's not even an adult yet. Really logical

Not to mention he is ideally a central holding midfielder and throughtout history im pretty sure those type of players didnt 'shine' at 19, they only get better with experience

I love how ignorant our fans are.

He isn't going to make it. He isn't good enough, it's as simple as that.

People like to make out our youth players are better than they are and perhaps make out they stand a chance but when they don't shine at Championship level you know they won't make it. Kakuta was the same. We should get a decent sum for him that'll go nicely towards FFP though.

I assume people like Ancelotti and Wilkins don't have a clue when they say he's a gem. But you must be wiser than them as you have been watching him day in, day out.

You know what's full of ignorance? Claiming that Kakuta didn't have the talent. But yeah, it's always the players' fault when they can't make it here at Chelsea...

Absolutely spot on. If a players good enough they will make it. Simple. Well done.

There is more to it. Many players do not develop fast enough for the Clubs patience. So is it the players fault not developing fast enough or is it the clubs failing to have enough patience. Only because a player does not make it HERE, it does not been he has not been good enough. Some players even did not want to make it here, so are they also not good enough? We do not know what players Borini, Rajkovic and Stoch will become but they have, they have all left for different reasons, none of them being "considered not good enough". In any case it is far to early to say they never would have made it. A players success is almost as much down to him being managed right as down to his potential.

Its partly the new loan system ...in the past the better young players got playing time ..Ray Wilkins was our captain at 18 or 19 . Duncan Edwardsfor Manure at 18 , Rooney played for everton at 16 I think.

the good ones survived and developed . now its all a successions of loans ,, IMO it doesnt work

Remember, nobody had no fucking clue who Xavi and Iniesta were before they were 25

You might not have, but football fans certainly knew who these guys were 'before they were 25'. Let's just ignore the hype surrounding both of them (especially Xavi who was the heir apparent to Guardiola from his teenage years) and focus on the facts. Things like them both having 300+ appearances for their club before the age of 25?

Didn't you have a fucking clue who they were by then? No? Okay.

What about Iniesta having been in the UEFA and World Team of the Year TWICE by the age of 25? No. Fair enough, maybe you don't pay attention to such things.

What about Iniesta's FOUR La Liga titles, TWO Champions League titles, his World Club Cup title and that little competition known as the European Championship which he won in 2008, was named MOTM in the semi-final.

Player of the Season in La Liga in 2009?

You might not have, but football fans certainly knew who these guys were 'before they were 25'. Let's just ignore the hype surrounding both of them (especially Xavi who was the heir apparent to Guardiola from his teenage years) and focus on the facts. Things like them both having 300+ appearances for their club before the age of 25?

Didn't you have a fucking clue who they were by then? No? Okay.

What about Iniesta having been in the UEFA and World Team of the Year TWICE by the age of 25? No. Fair enough, maybe you don't pay attention to such things.

What about Iniesta's FOUR La Liga titles, TWO Champions League titles, his World Club Cup title and that little competition known as the European Championship which he won in 2008, was named MOTM in the semi-final.

Player of the Season in La Liga in 2009?

:doh:

First off, straight off the bat you took my phrase completely out of context and if you were to actually pay attention to the current discussion, you wouldn't have made that mistake. And don't direct arguments towards me discussing our prospects of this Spanish/Catalan generation, I will run circles around you.

What was actually the meaing of my statement, was the sheer fact they didn't fully blossom until they gained enough experience as midfielders tend to do, especially ones that show potential at an early age. Pep Guardiola's influence on both Xavi and Iniesta was before both of them even stepped foot out of La Masia. A talent that was blossoming before they even matured (Pre 2008 for Iniesta and before Xavi even became a first team regular for Barca, 21-23) In which they both grew as players and gained experience before they were unveiled by Aragones then developed by Pep.

Pep idenditifed their talent and carried alot of praise for them to the whole world yet their talents weren't fully emerged or discoverd. Xavi was being subbed on and rotated constantly, Iniesta was 2nd favorite to Deco.They performed well for the youth until they got promoted but they were not written off at the fucking age of 19 from the fans and managers because they showed signs of potential and at times struggled. They were youth protects, born and bread in Catalonia,showed promise and the club carried it's tradition in promoting youth. Something we constantly fail to do.

What I'm trying to connect is the sheer ideaology that certain players don't blossom until they have gained enough experience, IE Xavi and Iniesta. To write off McEachran when the likes of Ancelloti and Wilkins knew about the lads talent and the potential he could achieve given the experience. is fucking ridiculous. Both Xavi and Iniesta shined with better players around them at the time, why can't we do that McEachran?

Did i fucking mention were writing off a lad that can't even drink yet?

I love how ignorant our fans are.

He isn't going to make it. He isn't good enough, it's as simple as that.

People like to make out our youth players are better than they are and perhaps make out they stand a chance but when they don't shine at Championship level you know they won't make it. Kakuta was the same. We should get a decent sum for him that'll go nicely towards FFP though.

There was a time when someone said Lampard was not good enough for West Ham.

There was a time when someone said Lampard was not good enough for West Ham.

Agreed.

We should support our youngsters, no matter how good we think they are. I remember when Edin Dzeko started his career and a local Bosnian club at the time claimed they were lucky enough to get some money for him (like 300k euros). People were even making fun of him calling him deadwood and stuff like that. A few years later, that same 'deadwood' became a 30M euros player.

Point is nobody can really know what might happen in the future.

I'd be more along the lines of just saying that Chalobah is more likely to make it with us than Josh.

Josh is very weak. I'm not just saying physically, it's actually more of a mental thing with Josh. When the team aren't playing well, Josh looks like a scared little boy. Sorry, but that's exactly what I see; and in his position in particular, having a weak mind is a recipe for an absolute disaster. It's such a pivotal (sorry) position, he'd get stick from both ends of the pitch. Until he shows some character when under the cosh, I won't be convinced by him. However, he is still VERY young, so I hold hope.