Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Hey Guys, (especially Esk)

does anyone know further about that boy? Nathaniel Chalobah, has turned 15, i think, and he is playing for the U17, since hes 14. So hes playing for the National Side in which nearly all players were 2 years older.

He is playing mainly as CB, but also at RB and DM. Can't find his Profile on the academy side, even though he was playing a couple of times for them.

would be glad for more Information about him, looking promising.

greets

Very good young player, calm and assured in any position. Can sometimes get too composed (if that's possible) and try things in wrong areas but has enough pace and certainly enough size to cope. Played most of last season in the U16's with Danny Mills out injured and showed better qualities than Rohan Ince alongside him. You won't find a profile as he's still not even U16's and they haven't got them yet either. You can check out numerous match reports on CFCNet from last year's 16's as there are plenty there that mention him. You're right that he's playing 2 years up for National set-up too. However, most National squads are usually full of biggest or fastest for a good few years but his ability does stand out still, even then. Not much more other than he's usually playing on a Saturday at Cobham for 16's or soon for Youth team (got a sub appearance recently).

Edited by pettswood58

Very good young player, calm and assured in any position. Can sometimes get too composed (if that's possible) and try things in wrong areas but has enough pace and certainly enough size to cope. Played most of last season in the U16's with Danny Mills out injured and showed better qualities than Rohan Ince alongside him. You won't find a profile as he's still not even U16's and they haven't got them yet either. You can check out numerous match reports on CFCNet from last year's 16's as there are plenty there that mention him. You're right that he's playing 2 years up for National set-up too. However, most National squads are usually full of biggest or fastest for a good few years but his ability does stand out still, even then. Not much more other than he's usually playing on a Saturday at Cobham for 16's or soon for Youth team (got a sub appearance recently).

Thats excellent information and more than i would have been able to give...

All i know about him is that he is playing up a couple of years in the national team and seems to be a very good prospect, am yet to see him play though.

• 5 months later...

I'm watching the U-17 Euro Championship at the moment, primarily to see how Josh McEachran is at this level. And this centre-back catches my eyes. His name is Chalobah, is fifteen years old and the commantator says he plays for Chelsea. Looks like a great prospect who is coming up our ranks.

So EskWeston, what do you know about this guy?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/nathaniel-chalobah-go-fulltime-Chelsea-851161

Nathaniel Chalobah has been a name mentioned for a while now, mainly due to England duties where he has been up a couple of levels for some time. For Chelsea he has only made a handful of youth team appearances. Expect to see a lot more of him come next season though. From what i have seen he is technically very gifted and clearly advanced for his age..

• 1 year later...

This boy is talented, straight up. I would love to see him in the first team side in 4-5 years. Luiz would be 28, Iva 32, bruma 24, and rajkovic 26 (is he still awaiting a permit?). Wonder who stays and goes in that time?  looks solid.

Lol, was interesting seeing my own comments on him from last May. We certainly did see a lot of him last season, fast tracked to the reserves and a key player in the FA Youth cup squad. Such a talented young man and can go a long way.....

Lol, was interesting seeing my own comments on him from last May. We certainly did see a lot of him last season, fast tracked to the reserves and a key player in the FA Youth cup squad. Such a talented young man and can go a long way.....

Hamburg isn't that far :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
(On Saturday) it was important for us to show the fans the future of Chelsea and you could see that in the number of (young) players we had on the pitch. We had a 16-year-old (Nathan Chalobah) on the pitch - that promises a lot.

He is English, he has a future and these are all things the fans must see.

Good to hear him singling out Chalobah.

• 2 weeks later...

His strong side is age,but he makes so many stupid mistakes in last 3 games,especially in game against Pompy.Compering him with others our young players who played in 1 team,Chalobah is worst.