Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

21 minutes ago, Jype said:

Of course it affected his decision.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-southgate-wants-nathaniel-chalobah-10704702

That's an article from June suggesting that even then Southgate considered Chalobah an option for next summer's World Cup but only if he plays PL football every week this season.

Wishing him well for the internationals even tho I could give less fucks about England NT in general. Chalobah's been one of my favorite youngsters coming through from the academy and I'm still holding onto the hopes we might see him as part of the Chelsea first team squad at some point in the future.

Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ja1 said:

Had a good start at Watford, impressing their fans by all accounts and forming a good partnership with Doucoure. 

I have never been convinced by him and i believe he was massively overhyped because he's an academy boy but it seem's like he has found his level and will be a good PL standard midfielder around 8th to 12th place, happy for him.

On 9/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, ja1 said:

Had a good start at Watford, impressing their fans by all accounts and forming a good partnership with Doucoure. 

I watched him only once against Liverpool this season, I thought he was ok. He is very mobile and athletic (I think we all know that), need to improve on his distribution. 

Forget to add, it is better for him to play for watfor rather than staying in here where he is the 4th option. He need to play more to improve his ability. If he can do that, then he has chance to be bought back by us or move to bigger club

I think he'll prove a fair few Chelsea fans wrong who've written him off as average despite fitting in/not looking out of his depth for us. Sometimes too over critical due to the supposed risk of an unproven young player letting us down or this idea that a young player HAS to be world class to be 'Chelsea quality'.

His pathway has some similarities to Bertrand (loads of experience for England youth and in Football League, not given quite enough of a chance here, not a world class ceiling but clearly could be a squad player). Anyway, I also think he could well reach Bertrand's type of level, which is pretty good imo. Tbh Bertrand is a bit unlucky no big club has come back in for him.

i do agree he also needs starts to work on his ability and show it though, but then I also think it reflects on us due to poorly managed loans and not enough chances given in a season like last season that he had to be sold in a season he's turning 23 only for us to see he's potentially usable, if that makes sense.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Aston Villa are in the market to bring in two midfielders on loan before the transfer window closes, Sky Sports News understands. They’ve made an approach to Watford for Nathaniel Chalobah,

There's a easy loan move for us to do!

• 11 months later...