Luka Modric

DavidEU

Rumours that Mourinho has canceled all talks with Spurs for Modric, because Levy is too greedy and is trolling too much, demands extreme fees...

Maybe we can get him, but only if we pay 45mio for him. What do you think?

Lampard excelled there under Di Matteo and Mikel played well towards the end of last season. I hate this double pivot talk anyway. It used to be called midfield. Oscar is suited to midfield, he has played there before and done well. Ramires could play a box to box role in midfield as well. Modric would also end Josh's future at Chelsea.

you dont get it do you? Lampard and Mikel have played well there when we park the bus! in an attacking team they are not good enough! Oscar has never played in a double pivot before and that position wont suit him and Ramires cant play as a box to box midfielder in a 4-2-3-1!

Its pretty clear that most perfect double pivot pair would include powerfull, endless stamina and speed Defensive mid with good passing (Yaya toure or Song) and very creative experienced deep-lying playmaker with lot of energy aswell (Modric, Moutinho). We have Mikel who is good and has lot of energy, passing and defensive skills, but lacks of speed. The other spot is either Lampard (not quick anymore), Rambo (technicaly not good enough) or Oscar (unexperienced and not proven). Mikel-Modric would be great, but I doubt he will come anyway...

You know what fascinates me? how almost everyone (example is BlueLyon from the post above) in this fourm decided that the best pair for this double pivot would include a player like Moutinho or Modric, a 'Deep lying Midfeilder' like you like to explain, and you just dont bothered with some facts:

1. Moutinho NEVER played in this position, and for his entire career he played in a 3 men midfield when he's the one who playes upfront (like Lamps along the years).

2. Modric did play in spurs in this position, but do we realy want to be as exposed defensevly as spurs are? not for our level.

3. How is it that every manager of the best teams in the world, who use this 4-2-3-1 formation, disagree with you? look at that: Bayren playes with Gustavo (with Martinez next season) and Schweinsteiger. Schweinsteiger is not a CDM, but he's way more of a defensev type of player than Modric. Real Madrid are playing in the same system- Khdeira and Alonso who is very similar to Schweini, even more defensev. City are playing with Yaya and Barry, and Mancini wanted De Rossi this summer. Do you see what they are all doing? when you play 4-2-3-1 you firstly need strong midfield. The fact that there arent many good options like De Rossi, Alonso, Schweini in the market, doesnt mean its right to go for someone like Modric. If we are realy in for a midfielder, its need to be somone like Axel Witzel.

The same Real Madrid (and Mourinho) want to use Modric as part of their double pivot, so I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to say.

Thats where youre wrong. Did Mourinho said he want Modric to play with Alonso in the double pivot? he didnt, I think, and almost everyone of Real's fans (that i read) thinks Mourinho want Modric to get more options in the team. To play with a midfield of 3 (Alonso, Modric and Khdeira) against teams like Barca. You can be sure that they wont play with Alonso-Modric against decent teams. He wont change it from Alonso-Khdeira to Alonso-Modric just like that, his team scored like 200 goals last season... he dont want Modric for more goals, he wants him for more position. You'll see the partnership of Alonso-Modric against weak oppositions.

Maybe the stingy bald cunt will see Arsenal selling their 2 best players this week as a way to cover his ass for selling us Modric.

He'll think "shit, it won't look as bad if we sell our best player because our rival did too."

Thats where youre wrong. Did Mourinho said he want Modric to play with Alonso in the double pivot? he didnt, I think, and almost everyone of Real's fans (that i read) thinks Mourinho want Modric to get more options in the team. To play with a midfield of 3 (Alonso, Modric and Khdeira) against teams like Barca. You can be sure that they wont play with Alonso-Modric against decent teams. He wont change it from Alonso-Khdeira to Alonso-Modric just like that, his team scored like 200 goals last season... he dont want Modric for more goals, he wants him for more position. You'll see the partnership of Alonso-Modric against weak oppositions.

Basically you don't know for sure what Mourinho's going to do either. Besides, it's not just Real who could use "more options".

Let's not call your "opinions" facts and say others are "wrong" just because they disagree with you.

You know what fascinates me? how almost everyone (example is BlueLyon from the post above) in this fourm decided that the best pair for this double pivot would include a player like Moutinho or Modric, a 'Deep lying Midfeilder' like you like to explain, and you just dont bothered with some facts:

1. Moutinho NEVER played in this position, and for his entire career he played in a 3 men midfield when he's the one who playes upfront (like Lamps along the years).

2. Modric did play in spurs in this position, but do we realy want to be as exposed defensevly as spurs are? not for our level.

3. How is it that every manager of the best teams in the world, who use this 4-2-3-1 formation, disagree with you? look at that: Bayren playes with Gustavo (with Martinez next season) and Schweinsteiger. Schweinsteiger is not a CDM, but he's way more of a defensev type of player than Modric. Real Madrid are playing in the same system- Khdeira and Alonso who is very similar to Schweini, even more defensev. City are playing with Yaya and Barry, and Mancini wanted De Rossi this summer. Do you see what they are all doing? when you play 4-2-3-1 you firstly need strong midfield. The fact that there arent many good options like De Rossi, Alonso, Schweini in the market, doesnt mean its right to go for someone like Modric. If we are realy in for a midfielder, its need to be somone like Axel Witzel.

My very first choices would be Martinez or Witsel if you checked my older posts. As I mentioned there we would have more balance between attack and defence. Martinez is great destructor with good passing and lot of energy. Witsel is bit more ofensive but would go well in partnership with Mikel. But Martinez is almost gone now, so I

mentioned Modric. And just for comparing spurs and us, their back four and goalkeeper are far from as good as our defence. Also Utd are looking for player like Modric and he would sure play in double pivot role there.

Ivan-Terry-Luiz-Cole

Martinez-Mikel

Moses-Modric-Mata/Hazard

Falcao

would be best, however there is no slightest chance for us getting such strong team. Oscar, Hazard would then sure never joined club if we went for this players. And more Im thinking about how strong our midfield and attack are, Im not so sure if this will have positive result in Premier league. We are not in spain after all to have only quick light dribbling players like Mata, Hazard and Oscar.

you dont get it do you? Lampard and Mikel have played well there when we park the bus! in an attacking team they are not good enough! Oscar has never played in a double pivot before and that position wont suit him and Ramires cant play as a box to box midfielder in a 4-2-3-1!

Park the bus? LOL. They can both play in the 'double pivot'. I can't be bothered to argue with you.

Park the bus? LOL. They can both play in the 'double pivot'. I can't be bothered to argue with you.

If we want to play free-flowing football, I don't see the Lampard--Mikel partnership doing well.

We need a CDM.

I think mikel-ramires will do well In the pivot. Lamps often leaves mikel for dead when he gets forward and we get hit on the counter, ramires has enough pace and energy to get forward and get back to help mikel

Along Mikel we need someone technicaly gifted and good passer, but with very good defensive and marking skills aswell. Should be pacey and energrtic aswell. Lamps is too old for that and Rambo doesnt suit there either, he lacks passing and is not that good in defending. Also he goes forward too often. Just get Witsel, Moses and Azpi. Maybe Remy for backup striker and we do it for combined price of 55mio. Much better than getting Hulk or Modric alone for 40+ mio. Time to start looking after alternatives. The only

reason Hulk or Modric would fit well is because they are experienced and we have plenty of talent already.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You