Luka Modric

DavidEU

The Bayern games were both pretty even,yes, but they did beat them at the Camp Nou and deserved it as well as winning the league title and 2 seasons ago beat them in the cup final 1-0. Madrid also don't tend to get the referring decisions when the teams play each other.

Tbf to them they have done well in their past 3 or so meetings with Barca, winning one, coming back from 2-0 down to level at Camp Nou in the cup.

But the 5-6 meetings before that, they were too defensive and with the type of attacking talents they have, that is just simply not acceptable.

About refereeing calls, that always happens when anyone plays Barca lol.

oops, sry, i'm a fucking retard, i thought that winning the champions league would make us one of if not the best team in the world but pardon my mistake. Of course you're right, Madrid is better than us, I mean, they have Ronaldoooo and that Benzema who was such a beast in the French League, oh and also that Kakaaaa. They're all stars and who do we have? Fucking Mata? Lol that guy didn't even make that Spain side or that Cech? Casillas is much better, I mean, he wins all that awards so he must be the best. Don't even get me started on Lampard or Terry, fucking old bastards, we could use someone like Pepe. And it doesn't matter that we won with the team who beat Real in the final or twice with that side that always destroys them in Gran Derbi, if they had a chance they would steamroll us. We were just lucky in the CL, anti football shit, we didn't deserve it.

We won the CL they did not.

We play in the best league like PL, and they play in some crappy league like la liga.

They won a majority of trophies before I was even born like Liverpool and recently have not done much but equally brag about history.....

So yes the past few years Chelsea are a better team.

amen to that,, how is it being deluded when we play 38 games, while they play 6games. read their headlines, a draw is considered a loss! and people go crying about that they have lost lead.

also, why all the talk about madrid, it matters who Levy wants to sell to, simple. if he chooses Madrid you think Modric will say no, hell no!? but if given the chance to sign with either or, he would probably choose us, because this is greatest league in the world, and he wont have to adapt to EPL play. but the likelihood he even comes would be a million to one, not this tranfer window.

oops, sry, i'm a fucking retard, i thought that winning the champions league would make us one of if not the best team in the world but pardon my mistake. Of course you're right, Madrid is better than us, I mean, they have Ronaldoooo and that Benzema who was such a beast in the French League, oh and also that Kakaaaa. They're all stars and who do we have? Fucking Mata? Lol that guy didn't even make that Spain side or that Cech? Casillas is much better, I mean, he wins all that awards so he must be the best. Don't even get me started on Lampard or Terry, fucking old bastards, we could use someone like Pepe. And it doesn't matter that we won with the team who beat Real in the final or twice with that side that always destroys them in Gran Derbi, if they had a chance they would steamroll us. We were just lucky in the CL, anti football shit, we didn't deserve it.

If you think we are the best team in Europe than your deluded.That's like saying Liverpool in 2005 were a better team than us.Winning a cup competition doesn't always mean your the best but winning a league title does.

If you think we are the best team in Europe than your deluded.That's like saying Liverpool in 2005 were a better team than us.Winning a cup competition doesn't always mean your the best but winning a league title does.

I'm deluded, you're right. We aren't even near the level of Real Madrid because they've won the Primera Division and all we achieved was winning CL and FA Cup. They're better because their players are better. Fair enough.

There is a difference between being defensive and parking the bus infront of the goal.

What's the difference? defensive football is all the same. You sit back and withstand pressure from the opposition, while hoping to be able to get a few chances on the counter.

What's the difference? defensive football is all the same. You sit back and withstand pressure from the opposition, while hoping to be able to get a few chances on the counter.

Fact we actually enjoyed more possession than RM did is irrelevant as it doesn't fit with his argument.

Are we the best team in the world? No

Would RM beat us 4-1? No

Are RM better than us? Maybe, just about...

The midfielders mostly act as a shield and make simple forward passes to the attackers. Lampard and Mikel are both capable of doing that but Lampard needs to stop venturing forward and stay deep with Mikel.

Wait.....What?

sorry if you believe in Mikel, but never have,never will. He gives one good performace in 10 games, meaning 3-4 good performances a season, but starts 40-50 games a season. He is decent for a backup, not for a Chelsea starter IMO.

You are an absolute mong if you think we are on the same level as Real Madrid or Barcelona. Winning the CL showed spirit and passion that outweighed any skill or ability our opponents had.

"Chelsea were not the most talented team, but they were the team that wanted to win it the most" Diego Maradona.

Barca and Real Madrid like it or not are on a whole new scale of football at the moment.

Barca were unlucky not to beat us with the amount of chances they had and Madrid suffered from fatigue from lack of substitutions during their CL bout with Bayern and the season.

You are an absolute mong if you think we are on the same level as Real Madrid or Barcelona. Winning the CL showed spirit and passion that outweighed any skill or ability our opponents had.

"Chelsea were not the most talented team, but they were the team that wanted to win it the most" Diego Maradona.

Barca and Real Madrid like it or not are on a whole new scale of football at the moment.

Barca were unlucky not to beat us with the amount of chances they had and Madrid suffered from fatigue from lack of substitutions during their CL bout with Bayern and the season.

Any bias per-chance? ;)

So - this brings an interesting debate - is the team that creates the most chances the best team? Or is it the team who actually scores and WINS the game? Don't fall into the possession trap either - that's another meaningless stat...

defending and stopping a team full of world class players scoring is an art and something to be proud of! actually putting the ball in the back of the net with limited chances to score is an art! that is why i can never understand how people say we were lucky to beat Barca and Bayern last season! its not luck when a team doesn't score its bad finishing or good goalkeeping/defending. Possession also means nothing when your whole gameplan is to actually let the opposition have the ball!

We are more than capable of competing with any team on the planet as we have proven! Its stupid to think Madrid are on another level to us because they really aren't! I would fancy our chances in a one off game against anyone! why because we can compete with any team on this planet!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You