Luka Modric

DavidEU

Iniesta isn't a pure dribbler? WHAT?!!? Iniesta ghosts past players like they aren't there.

In fact I remember watching the Youth FA Cup final last year and Josh McEachran was almost gliding past players in central positions which was so impressive.

No you're getting me wrong. What i mean when i say a pure dribbler is that when that type of player has the ball, the first thing he wants to do is get past the player he's facing. Iniesta is not that type of player since he would rather pass the ball to a player in a good position than getting past a player in front of him. Just because a player has the ability to go past players with complete ease, doesn't mean the players a pure dribbler.

And you can't compare the Spanish league with the Premier League, since the tempo in that league is much lower and a lot less physical. Players have a lot more time on the ball there and play without the fear of being chopped down. It's okay if a player does it once in a while but doing it regularly in match will result in being the victim of a lot of late tackles.

Yeah you're right about McEachran, having the ability to do that really is special. But i hope he knows when to do it and when to just pass the ball.

I think we should go for the lad in Summer. He probably won't leave Tottenham this season, I mean; he's getting regular starts for the club and he's 'on a roll'.

TBH, Luka could be the player we need. Someone like him, Wilshere and Henderson. Who can potentially pair up with McEachran to form a prolific Midfield-ship. He can dribble, pass, hold up the ball AND shoot (look at the match v United).

I'd actually say Real have got one ugly team :P:lol: Them lot make me look moderately attractive (if you've had a few (hundred) pints).

You're God damn right :lol:

39826_news.jpg

The time when the Real Madrid fired their managers (Del Bosquet) because they weren't handsome enough is far now loool

Again, FM players are predicting how good players are going to be in the future. How good do we know Hamsik/Marin, etc. will be in the Premier League?

Come on stop with that how EPL is way better than Bundesliga and Serie A. It is not like Bundesliga is Sunday league.

To be fair, BL never did say the Premier League was a better league. Some players simply don't perform in a certain league (not saying that would be the case with Hamsik and Marin).

That's exactly my point, I don't remember criticising any other leagues. We've seen world class players in other leagues come to England and look average. Prime examples - Andrei Shevchenko and Diego Forlan.

Again, FM players are predicting how good players are going to be in the future. How good do we know Hamsik/Marin, etc. will be in the Premier League?

:lol: I don't play FM. But by your standards we should disregard any youth potential from abroad? Then who's to say Lukaku will be good in the Premier League?

:lol: I don't play FM. But by your standards we should disregard any youth potential from abroad? Then who's to say Lukaku will be good in the Premier League?

Again, something I don't remember saying. Especially since I take a personal interest in looking at young goalkeepers in other leagues as potential players for the future.

Again, something I don't remember saying. Especially since I take a personal interest in looking at young goalkeepers in other leagues as potential players for the future.

Then you should be able to recognise that emerging youth talent (the like of Marin & Hamsik [for example purposes]) could be Premier League stars if given a chance?

Oh yes, I'm not disputing that. Its people who seem to know that this player will be as good as Essien or better than Gerrard - those are the people that amaze me with their football knowledge. I'm not refuting what you're saying, I'm quite capable of recognising a talented youngster. My point is this - we can only theorise how good he can be on a football pitch in the Premier League, and under the circumstances they will face at Chelsea. A player who comes here as a youngster will probably make only half a dozen starts a season at most, and with a squad that is expected to win trophies in a highly-competitive league, it is incredibly hard to say how good a player will be. There are many factors that must be considered.

Oh yes, I'm not disputing that. Its people who seem to know that this player will be as good as Essien or better than Gerrard - those are the people that amaze me with their football knowledge. I'm not refuting what you're saying, I'm quite capable of recognising a talented youngster. My point is this - we can only theorise how good he can be on a football pitch in the Premier League, and under the circumstances they will face at Chelsea. A player who comes here as a youngster will probably make only half a dozen starts a season at most, and with a squad that is expected to win trophies in a highly-competitive league, it is incredibly hard to say how good a player will be. There are many factors that must be considered.

Ah.. Okay I understand your point then, fair do's :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You