Luka Modric

DavidEU

I did that, also Neymar ... twice bitten, thrice shy thumbsup.gif

There is a big difference between a Neymar thread and an Aguero or Modric thread. We were very very close of signing him in the summer. We also did an official offer, but we never did one for Aguero. There were always media gossips, like: "Chelsea will offer X millions for Aguero". "Aguero want X millions a year", but Atletico de Madrid always said that they never received any offer for him, and we never seemed really interested on him.

The same about Modric. Its really stupid thinking about Spurs selling him, or we buying him for this price.

There is a big difference between a Neymar thread and an Aguero or Modric thread. We were very very close of signing him in the summer. We also did an official offer, but we never did one for Aguero. There were always media gossips, like: "Chelsea will offer X millions for Aguero". "Aguero want X millions a year", but Atletico de Madrid always said that they never received any offer for him, and we never seemed really interested on him.

The same about Modric. Its really stupid thinking about Spurs selling him, or we buying him for this price.

Agreed about Modric, though you don't really know if we indeed made an offer for Aguero or not.

• 4 months later...

Why would we need to spend huge cash on midfielders when we have one of the most creative , best prospects in the prem on the bench , in Josh and he's English !!!!!! Modric is a goood player and i would like to see him at Chelsea but why dont we just give Josh a few more chances . Hes impressed everytime hes been given the oppurtunity thats all he can do :D

I think Josh needs a year or two yet before he is an established player in our midfield. He does not seem to have the right build for being a premier league midfielder yet because he is still growing. Give him time and dont rush him because it could result in burnout

He is 18 but people treat him like he is 13 and couldnt handle the pressure . Yet every time he's been included he's played excellently and really given us that creativity we miss , if he didnt play well when he is given chances or looked like the fame is getting to him i could understand giving him more time but i think he is ready : )

if people think he is to young then why are we interested in Neymar or Lakaku ? or are we intending on introducing them over a period of three years just so they dont burn out ? :P

Neymar is 19 1/2 years old, he already played with his national team and has played 126 games with Santos and he is an important player in his team. His case is different than Josh's.

fair enough but somewhere along the line someone has been prepared to take a chance on him . if he has played 126 games with santos im guessing they were willing to give him a oppurtunity even younger than Josh .

When will people realise that McEachran won't just waltz into our midfield?

He's brilliant, but he's not ready yet.

Very true, but if I was the manager, I'd be prepared to take a gamble! I'd want to mould McEachran into the squad, and then try to build a suitable team around him.

Like Arsenal seem to have done with Wilshere!

He is 18 but people treat him like he is 13 and couldnt handle the pressure . Yet every time he's been included he's played excellently and really given us that creativity we miss , if he didnt play well when he is given chances or looked like the fame is getting to him i could understand giving him more time but i think he is ready : )

Clubs seem to deal with young players mostly like this:

1. Play them in reserves.

2. Give them some 1st chances to get them noticed by "big" clubs.

3. Send them out on loan and monitor their progress.

4. Once they are back they usually get introduced into first team, first as subs and later as 1st team regular if they perform well.

Take a look at Sturridge, he's at number 3 now and looking on for number 4. As for Josh he's currently on number 2. He needs to play regularly to get the feel of the game and to relax. I wouldn't like him getting out there and then getting injured which he really doesn't need in his career right now. I don't watch our reserves I have to admit so I can't judge his football from youtube videos , but I do believe he should be at least be given some chances when we play. But you also have to understand that unless our team is playing fantastic and leading by 2:0 or 3:0 it is a tough call for manager to bring on such a young and inexperienced player.

Notice also when comparing Josh to Wilshere that Wilshere did a half season loan at Bolton that gave him a lot of experience, and that he has Wenger who prefers raising young player then buying bigger ones.

What I'd really like to see next season is Josh going out on a good loan like Sturridge did and after that we could introduce him into our first team.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You