Edin Dzeko

Milan

Wouldn't mind Dzeko at all especially if we can get rid of Torres. Would allow Lukaku to grow whilst having him around.

Dzeko is underused by City and very underrated. He's a great striker IMO.

Dzeko - Lukaku - Ba is a great strike force IMO.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rate him very high. Hope this is happening. His scoring stats is very good.

Wolfsburg : 142 app - 85 goals

Manchester City : 106 app - 40 goals

Reminds you that in Manchester City he is not often playing for 90 minutes.

According to wiki, Gomez has 113 goals in 176 games for Bayern, even better, no?

Wouldn't mind Dzeko at all especially if we can get rid of Torres. Would allow Lukaku to grow whilst having him around.

Dzeko is underused by City and very underrated. He's a great striker IMO.

Dzeko - Lukaku - Ba is a great strike force IMO.

Hardly underused, definitely not underrated. Man city have 2 better strikers than him, so it's no surprise he struggles to get minutes.

Dzeko, Lukaku, Ba? CL winning attack? erm i'm not even sure it can win PL lol. We don't need a 50m striker really, but someone that can score 25+ goals in a season is needed to lead our line, with Lukaku/Ba providing good enough back up.

According to wiki, Gomez has 113 goals in 176 games for Bayern, even better, no?

Yes, in terms of stats, but sorry I'm not watching Gomez playing at Bayern a lot, so I can't compare him with Dzeko.

And also I'm not expected Dzeko to become the main striker in Chelsea if he join us. What I see from him is that his effectiveness to score goals even as a substitute. Another factor is because he is adapted well in Premiere League.

Hardly underused, definitely not underrated. Man city have 2 better strikers than him, so it's no surprise he struggles to get minutes.

Dzeko, Lukaku, Ba? CL winning attack? erm i'm not even sure it can win PL lol. We don't need a 50m striker really, but someone that can score 25+ goals in a season is needed to lead our line, with Lukaku/Ba providing good enough back up.

Yeh, must be so hard to score goals when you have the best midfield in Germany behind you.

Gomez doesn't offer anything different to Lukaku.

Yes, in terms of stats, but sorry I'm not watching Gomez playing at Bayern a lot, so I can't compare him with Dzeko.

And also I'm not expected Dzeko to become the main striker in Chelsea if he join us. What I see from him is that his effectiveness to score goals even as a substitute. Another factor is because he is adapted well in Premiere League.

Yep the only thing might be adapting to the league. As for substitute factor, you're probably right: Dzeko got 8 goals in 20 starts, and 7 goals in 18 substitute appearances. But why get him as sub, when we already have someone like Lukaku? we need someone who's going to lead the line most games, and sorry, but Dzeko doesn't cut it for me.

Yeh, must be so hard to score goals when you have the best midfield in Germany behind you.

Gomez doesn't offer anything different to Lukaku.

Ridiculously unfair. Put Torres or Ba in Bayern team and you will see the difference. They create chances, but it's still up to the striker to put the ball in the net, and that's what Gomez has been doing consistently well...forever.

Can't even compare him with Lukaku, the latter is younger and faster, but Gomez better at probably everything else.

Ridiculously unfair. Put Torres or Ba in Bayern team and you will see the difference. They create chances, but it's still up to the striker to put the ball in the net, and that's what Gomez has been doing consistently well...forever.

Can't even compare him with Lukaku, the latter is younger and faster, but Gomez better at probably everything else.

I get your point and I'd take Gomez..for the right price...probably around 15-20 million.

The same goes for Dzeko...not worth more than 20 million.

My opinion for Gomez is fairly bias...for some reason I just don't like him as a player.

Yep the only thing might be adapting to the league. As for substitute factor, you're probably right: Dzeko got 8 goals in 20 starts, and 7 goals in 18 substitute appearances. But why get him as sub, when we already have someone like Lukaku? we need someone who's going to lead the line most games, and sorry, but Dzeko doesn't cut it for me.

Okay, I've got your point there. If we can get one of the three wonder strikers, surely no need for Dzeko here. But if we can't make it, Dzeko still is a good option in my opinion.

As a lot of people stated Dzeko - Ba - Lukaku is better than Torres - Ba - Lukaku, to be honest I wouldn't mind if it is Torres - Dzeko - Ba/Lukaku.

I don't rate Dzeko very highly, especially not to be our starting striker. This is just based on his time in the PL, never seen him for the national team or at his former club. He would do alright at Napoli though with their counter-attacking system.

With Benitez at the helm, think we can stop associating Napoli with counter attacks. They certainly aren't going to play the same way they did under Walter Mazzarri.

With Benitez at the helm, think we can stop associating Napoli with counter attacks. They certainly aren't going to play the same way they did under Walter Mazzarri.

I actually forgot, good point. But maybe Rafa can use the 4-4-1-1 formation he used here against Basel, that was sexy stuff.

I actually forgot, good point. But maybe Rafa can use the 4-4-1-1 formation he used here against Basel, that was sexy stuff.

That was just a counter attacking approach setup for that game alone, regardless of the formation used. And Benitez isn't known to be a counter attacking manager.

Actually, he is. His whole system during his spell at Liverpool was based on counters, hence why Torres blossomed there.

Not necessarily. His system was about getting the best out of Torres (and Gerrard for that matter if you like) by playing quick and direct passes into space for him. Doesn't always play in counter attacking mode.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You