Edin Dzeko

Milan

According to wiki, Gomez has 113 goals in 176 games for Bayern, even better, no?

Hardly underused, definitely not underrated. Man city have 2 better strikers than him, so it's no surprise he struggles to get minutes.

Dzeko, Lukaku, Ba? CL winning attack? erm i'm not even sure it can win PL lol. We don't need a 50m striker really, but someone that can score 25+ goals in a season is needed to lead our line, with Lukaku/Ba providing good enough back up.

Dzeko can easily score 25+ goals a season, he scores bags at City even if he doesn't start most of the time.

I like the idea simply because it gives Lukaku more of a chance to develop nicely and be our number 1 striker.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some comparative statistics on Edin Dzeko and RVP for this season's premier league, taken from EPL Index Stats Centre (as of 13 Feb 2013):

Dzeko has played for 1190 minutes; RVP for 2116 minutes.

Goal scoring:
ED: 12 goals at 99 mins per goal
RVP: 19 goals at 111 mins per goal

Offsides:
ED: 5 offsides at 238 mins per offside
RVP: 31 offsides at 62 mins per offside

Touches:
ED: 1.8 mins per touch with 0.04% unsuccessful
RVP: 1.8 mins per touch with 0.03% unsuccessful
Ball overrun (i.e., touched too far ahead): RVP: 3 ED: 0 (yes, zero)

Creativity:
ED: created 21 chances from open play at 57 mins per chance from open play
RVP: created 27 chances from open play at 77 min per chance from open play
RVP created 19 other chances from corners, free kicks.

Tackles and Duels:
ED: won 100% of tackles 29% of ground duels 47% of aerial duels
RVP: won 78% of tackles 49% of ground duels 45% of aerial duels

Clearances:
ED: 12 clearances (11 with head) with 58% successful
RVP: 31 clearances (24 with head) with 42% successful.

His national team record: Dzeko: 53 games, 28 goals, 15 assists

Dzeko: 4093 minutes, 30 goals, 12 assists (1 goal per 136 mins, 1 assist per 341 mins)

Tevez: 5456 minutes, 35 goals, 22 assists (1 goal per 155 mins, 1 assist per 243 mins)
Tevez w/o penalties: 5356 mins, 28 goals (1 goal per 191 mins)

Against big teams:

Bayern Munich: 7 games, 4 goals, 4 assists
Manchester United: 5 games, 5 goals, 2 assists
Tottenham: 5 games, 5 goals, 1 assist
Dortmund: 8 games, 4 goals, 1 assist
Real Madrid: 2 games, 1 goal
Porto: 1 game, 1 goal
Schalke: 7 games, 5 goals, 1 assist
Stuttgart: 7 games, 8 goals, 1 assist
Belgium: 2 games, 3 goals, 1 assist
Turkey: 3 games, 2 goals
Spain: 2 games, 1 goal
France: 2 games, 1 goal
Germany: 1 game, 1 goal
Mexico: 1 game, 1 goal
Greece: 3 games, 2 goals

44 goals right there. There's way more, too lazy to look

Dzeko can really fit to our style. We need a striker like him, a striker like Falcao, suarez (alot of technique in dribbling) are not the type chelsea need. We have great mideflied that will provide those great balls to strikers like dzeko who can finish easly.

That's exactly it. Our midfield is already quick and creative enough. We need a finisher - and that's what Dzeko does. Also, his passing is very very good for a striker. Take a look at some of his assists and passes for Man City. I think he'd link perfectly with our fluid midfield.

Good article that further discusses some of his stats: http://www.bigsoccerbosnia.com/18/post/2013/06/edin-dzeko-the-truth.html

So Dzeko has gone from 20/1 to 8/11 to join Chelsea?

Alot of people must be confident of this happening!

I would like Dzeko in the squad in place of Ba but not sure about him being our 1st choice striker.

As Pacquiao already mentioned...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8756944/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edin Dzeko has been backed into 8/11 with Sky Bet to be Jose Mourinho's first signing after his return to Chelsea.

Mourinho signed a four-year deal at Stamford Bridge on Monday, taking the reins of the club he steered to successive Premier League titles before his sacking in 2007.

Manchester City striker Dzeko has long been linked with an exit from the Etihad Stadium, with the Bosnian's desire for regular first-team football seeing him linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs.

A sustained run of bets on Tuesday morning has seen Dzeko backed from 20/1 into 8/11 to join Chelsea by the end of the summer transfer window.

Sky Bet's Richard Evison says: "All the money today seems to signal Edin Dzeko is set to a surprise switch to Stamford Bridge. The money has come following the appointment of Jose Mourinho, who maybe in the market for a big target man.

"We were 20/1 earlier this morning, but cutting the price has not put people off and we have been forced to cut the price to 8/11. City are currently 2/1 for the Premier League with Chelsea 9/4, will they be willing to sell to their potential title rivals?"

That could easily mean nothing though. Sky came up with a hosts of special bets after Mourinho returned yesterday and this could be just one of them.

I thought a few years ago that he'd join Bayern Munich and be considered one of the best strikers in the world. But no, he made the awful decision to move to City.

I'm positive that in the right team he will be considered one of the greats of this decade if he hits the ground running. He has everything and it's sad how underrated he is by some. He's the player that some think Gomez is because of his goal-record, basically.

My personal opinion on all of this is that Mourinho has been a fan of Dzeko for a long time. He's even said so himself. The media is using Jose's return to connect a host of players to the club, and they intelligently picked Edin as one of Jose's binkies.

Even though he would fit like a glove, I doubt City sells, like I said earlier. If he leaves, he'll leave to a club outside of England.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You