Edin Dzeko

Milan

I thought a few years ago that he'd join Bayern Munich and be considered one of the best strikers in the world. But no, he made the awful decision to move to City.

I'm positive that in the right team he will be considered one of the greats of this decade if he hits the ground running. He has everything and it's sad how underrated he is by some. He's the player that some think Gomez is because of his goal-record, basically.

Same here. But thats what happens when you have personal friends as managers. His manager demanded a much larger cut, and the Bayern transfer fell through. Gomez is nothing buta tap hero. Imagine a player of Dzeko's calibre with Bayern, particularly joining them after winning the golden boot in Germany and the title with Wolfsburg, in top form. Scary.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoken like a true football expert!

Drop it mate, I know you're a huge fan of Edin, so am I, but people are entitled to have different opinions and to share them.

Its hard for me to be realistic and objective in this situation, probably same like the Belgians at TC with their feelings towards the likes of Hazard and Lukaku. Therefore, I leave this kind of discussion to SeB, Alex and others who are neutral and can only look at it in a proper way - footballing way.

Drop it mate, I know you're a huge fan of Edin, so am I, but people are entitled to have different opinions and to share them.

Its hard for me to be realistic and objective in this situation, probably same like the Belgians at TC with their feelings towards the likes of Hazard and Lukaku. Therefore, I leave this kind of discussion to SeB, Alex and others who are neutral and can only look at it in a proper way - footballing way.

Drop what? I was half-kidding.

Why would City let him come to us though ? They are awash with money. Unless it's for a crazy price, they won't let him come. And if it's for stupid money there are better players available.

He is good and 10 times better than Torres.

He is alright, just like Gomez, nothing impressive!

Also, anyone is better than Torres, I am better than Torres...

no he aint like gomez. technically, he is much, much better. he can contribute to build-up play and can hold a ball. also his first touch is much better. he is moving more on the pitch and is also sometimes on the wing etc. he aint just waiting for passes, he can also create by himself.

Drop what? I was half-kidding.

I meant, you don't need to try so hard to convince EVERYONE and make everyone believe what you believe in. That was my point.

I am sure, if Dzeko does come to Chelsea, he'll have a warm welcome and we'll treat him way better than City and some of their fans do.

I thought a few years ago that he'd join Bayern Munich and be considered one of the best strikers in the world. But no, he made the awful decision to move to City.

I'm positive that in the right team he will be considered one of the greats of this decade if he hits the ground running. He has everything and it's sad how underrated he is by some. He's the player that some think Gomez is because of his goal-record, basically.

I remember when he played for Wolfsburg and scored a hat trick even the commentators were amazed by his skills but yeah, choosing City was a bad move.

you're Brazilian so you're automatically better than Torres

I'd love him here, but to me, Cavani should still be the highest priority.

Probably Dortmund can technically afford him, but he'd have higher wages than any other player in the team, if he doesn't accept a cut. They did something similar in the early 2000s when they won the leauge in 2001/2002. After that the players demanded higher wages (got it) and when Bayern tried to sign a few players of them at the same time (similar like today with Götze and Lewandowski), Dortmund raised the wages again. In the next season, their success began to end when they even missed international football in 03/04 and because the wages were still very high, they made a lot of debts. In 2005, they were nearly insolvent when Bayern helped them out and gave them 2m €.

What I want to say is that Dortmund have learned from this. Of course the success in the last three years was more than one league title and one UEFA Cup final and the wage of Reus, Hummels or Kuba will be high enough, but I expect them to act very cautious this summer. That's why I also think that they are not going to sign Jackson Martinez for example where Porto is demanding 40m€. I can't see them doing this ridiculous stuff. And because Dzeko is on very high wages (Remember that Wolfsburg pay ridiculously high wages, too), I don't think he'll join BVB unless he accepts a huge wage cut. But if we're seriously interested, too, and City are cool with it (which is the big IF I think), why would he accept such a wage cut, when he can get a lot more money here?

How much would Cavani realistically cost us?

I read a couple of months ago that City would be willing to sell for 20 million. That's not bad at all for Dzeko. Would be a steal compared to the rumored sums for Cavani.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You