Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

Definitely the rosters are a world apart even with the injuries. We can see it on the league table. But I read a quote of Poch saying players were playing for pens. In-game management was so poor last night. 

Poch on thin ice for me. Let’s see till end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Definitely the rosters are a world apart even with the injuries. We can see it on the league table. But I read a quote of Poch saying players were playing for pens. In-game management was so poor last night. 

Poch on thin ice for me. Let’s see till end of the season. 

No argument there. I'm still looking for anyone who wrote that Poch is a great manager and one who will lead us back to silverware. Said no-one ever. Compared to Potter and Lamps I think folks said that at least he managed big clubs other than us eh.

Regarding the play for pens bit, not sure I buy that. Towards the end? yes, same as against City, but again that's what pretty much all managers do esp if they had Mudryk and Madueke as the only attacking options left on the bench.
Tactically he lowered the lines, similar to what he did against City which makes sense to me, moving Enzo back to CM and even letting Gallagher move up a bit given he's more intense (more mobility to do b2b w/ lower lines). I thought the middle did well to contain their better players and also provided good escapes via Jackson (who plays better on the left than st) on the left and Palmer on the right.
We did not keep possession very well because frankly we don't have great passers in the middle of the park. Enzo can hit a long ball, and that's about it. Caicedo is super intense and defends well, but isn't very good going forward or passing ball.

So, the next manager will come and do very similar things tactically because he won't have drastically different options unless we improve the squad, and from what I hear, we might be restrained for a while in that area: long contracts and ffp. So, I'm not even sure we can attract better managers at this time--we might be stuck with the B list for a while.

Edited by robsblubot
formatting

On 24/02/2024 at 22:43, We Hate Scouse said:

Taking my boy, will be his first Wembley final. Hopefully better than my first Wembley final in 2008 for the league cup final...

Feel for you mate. That is some tough luck. I hope things will change and we will be able to win a Wembley final one of these years. 

"Had [the Virgil van Dijk] goal stood, and Liverpool had won 1-0 over the course of the 90 minutes, and Chelsea had given it such a good go but not found a way through, I think the narrative from a Chelsea point of view would have been quite different this morning"

Agree....

13 hours ago, Chuckso said:

It was just our very last game - the Man City game - he made substitutions that handed the initiative and the game completely to Man City with 20minutes to play - rather than play toe to toe - that led to their equalizer.

Is it any surprise he has given the initiative away in the very next game - against inexperienced kids?

The man is a loser and a footballing dinosaur. He has no place in top flight modern football.

Said this last week. Guy needs to go for me. Anyone that wants to defend him, please tell me what patterns of play he has implemented? 

Even Potter was able to do that. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Said this last week. Guy needs to go for me. Anyone that wants to defend him, please tell me what patterns of play he has implemented? 

And the comparison to Klopps and Areta's first few years no longer valid. Both teams didn't take that long to be turned around and you could see glimpses of something emerging...with us nahhhhh.

Where ever it'll happen however remains to be seen and also do we trust them then to make a right decision on a next appointment? Been very very miss so far and that's 2 now...

26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That was fucking disgraceful yesterday, game was there for the taking and we chocked, what a gutless bunch of cunts

That's what's so frustrating. Not like we played against their first team and lost..it was a mishmash side who were actually pretty damn good and still lost...couldn't rise to the occasion..again! 

Liverpool were oddly written off this season esp when signings didn't go their way...well...last laugh and all.

Edited by Laylabelle

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

That's what's so frustrating. Not like we played against their first team and lost..it was a mishmash side who were actually pretty damn good and still lost...couldn't rise to the occasion..again! 

But we will await the one line pictures like 'focused' and 'ready' and all that shite with some video footage of the ball flying in the top corner.

Bullshit, honestly

10 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Liverpool were oddly written off this season esp when signings didn't go their way...well...last laugh and all.

That is the value of a top line manager - he gets the whole (team) performing above and consistently than the sum of its parts (players).

With the resources at hand, Poch should be, pound for pound, in the bottom 3 managers in the Premeir League. The rest of the managers would be doing better with the players we have at our disposal. Our players have been carrying this guy as his methods put them at a disadvantage. 

Everyone bantering these 1bn in the bin with them we are in the bin too . Happy meal wonderful food get out  this is not Chelsea  this is circus on wheels .

Edited by milka

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

But we will await the one line pictures like 'focused' and 'ready' and all that shite with some video footage of the ball flying in the top corner.

Bullshit, honestly

Thing is that performance is kinda us being focused and ready...every now and then we up our game but the majority of the time...

There is no shocking reason we are 10th...oh sorry 11th! Its not bad luck it's being shite

Poch made four changes during the 120 minutes.
Klop made six changes.
None of these changes was forced.
Whereas it looked as if Liverpool were running out of stamina, the opposite thing happened during extra time.
Why this happened ?
If there was no extra time nobody would blame Poch and if in fact Chelsea had won in normal time the guilty man might have been Klop.
It looks like Poch's big gaff was taking out Gallagher and replacing him with Madueke. But what else did go wrong ? Should Poch have subbed more players ?

The thing is we are bad physical fitness prepared.. We dont play in the midle of week and still cant make a full match on high intensity.. Another Poch fail.. 

Poch let us down yesterday, his interview was tragic and it sort of tells a story of where we are at as a club. It's embarrassing how far we have fallen, it's as if we just accept defeats now and smile and move on.

Some of the players fuck me they are brutal.

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Poch let us down yesterday, his interview was tragic and it sort of tells a story of where we are at as a club. It's embarrassing how far we have fallen, it's as if we just accept defeats now and smile and move on.

Some of the players fuck me they are brutal.

e6996455328a5ae3654f1daba655e02f.png

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Every time someone looks at our bench, at our squad, and at our starting XI and points out that that's not good enough is accused of "defending" the much hated manager. It's tiring and leads to making the the same mistakes over and over again.

1. Poch is not doing a good job -- horse beaten to death already IMO
2. The next B-list manager won't do much different with this squad and the options available to him--can it be improved enough?

I personally think the #2 above is BY FAR the biggest issue and one with no easy solution. 

Some interesting stats about the game (so much for Liverpool "kids" eh):

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13081405/carabao-cup-final-five-stats-from-liverpools-win-over-Chelsea-which-you-might-have-missed

Edited by robsblubot