Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

Just now, YorkshireBlue said:

Well considering he lost 3 finals himself that's not a certainty 

I said before. Different era now. Tuchel had a team about to leave, Poch situation is UNIQUE. We have a very raw team where you expect inconcistency, we don't see just inconcistency, we see the same old crap that doesn't work, change it but no, stuck in stubborn ways, hence why I claim someone like Frank who would have put John Jones from the Academy in for a debut and chance to do what Liverpool and Conor Bradley do but we got no chance of that.

1 hour ago, lluubbeenn said:

Poch really pissed me today. First half i can understand. Substitutions were terrible, when you consider this is F final. Klopp put on some twats whose names I've never heard and had them play aggressively, searching for a goal. Balls on the table from the fucker. Poch decided to go counter attacking even after the legs of our midfield were completely gone. He probably was great for spurs, but Chelsea’s history demands more. Today he was a scared pussy. Sorry for my language! Fuck Pool and fuck my life! Good night!

It was just our very last game - the Man City game - he made substitutions that handed the initiative and the game completely to Man City with 20minutes to play - rather than play toe to toe - that led to their equalizer.

Is it any surprise he has given the initiative away in the very next game - against inexperienced kids?

The man is a loser and a footballing dinosaur. He has no place in top flight modern football.

4 minutes ago, Chuckso said:

It was just our very last game - the Man City game - he made substitutions that handed the initiative and the game completely to Man City with 20minutes to play - rather than play toe to toe - that led to their equalizer.

Is it any surprise he has given the initiative away in the very next game - against inexperienced kids?

The man is a loser and a footballing dinosaur. He has no place in top flight modern football.

Spot on 

2 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'm not defending or bashing the manager here, but would this conversation be going on if our players could finish? The exact same performance just the chances actually finished? Because if it wouldn't then there is no argument.

That's the mindset of a coward who should have no place at this club.

He took Gallagher and Jackson off, which had a massive bearing too. Poor finishing or not, he's paid to make the RIGHT changes, and once again this season, he's failed to do the basics.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That's the mindset of a coward who should have no place at this club.

He took Gallagher and Jackson off, which had a massive bearing too. Poor finishing or not, he's paid to make the RIGHT changes, and once again this season, he's failed to do the basics.

Why play for penalties when there is no guarantee you'd win on them?! 

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Literally no chance we’d win them 

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Your guess is as good as mine. Our real chance of winning was within 120 mins. 

That reasoning is just a cop-out. 

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

A half decent manager would have the game won by half time 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He really hasn’t learned a thing from his time off of management. Still reactive. Still concedes matches. Still poor tactical discipline. 

I dread the rest of the season. 

What's there to dread.

This team is going to finish 8th to 10th. Finito.

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

Having Brighton as a role-model wasn't an accident; Time to accept we are midtable club now and adjust our perspective accordingly.

Exactly the point. This is a midtable roster.

Maybe it can grow at some point to challenge for top4, but if anyone thinking that this is going to be a title challenging, cup winning squad, is grasping at straws. 

A squad with very few elite mentality players, will NOT become world beaters over night.

15 minutes ago, lucio said:

A half decent manager would have the game won by half time 

That might be a stretch, but they certainly would have won it against the side Liverpool fielded.

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Exactly the point. This is a midtable roster.

The standard is one thing, the cost is another. If we're spending that much on perceived "gems", we're doom for the foreseeable.

Edited by LAM09

31 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

And also it backfired anyway....silly 

Definitely. Guess better to say playing for pens then just not good enough  

40 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

And also it backfired anyway....silly 

Definitely. Guess better to say playing for pens then just not good enough  

The sad truth. He never seems to take accountability or acknowledge when the opposition are clearly better than us.

1 hour ago, Chuckso said:

Any manager that puts this roster toe to toe against a far superior side away from home esp in the final moments of the match should be fired same day. Next manager will do exactly the same thing once we face them next season, unless we manage to improve this roster tenfold in the summer, which probably won't happen.

For me, it is literally the job of any manager to find a way for the roster he has to be competitive. Jose used to be the master of this and his teams were accused of "parking the bus". 

In the end I think the main disagreement here is about the quality of the players (the few who have quality lack experience), and the number of available options. Some may think they can play "as equals" against much better sides, which I have a hard time with.