Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And yet it was still our starting XI against Liverpool’s C team + Academy all 120 mins. One WC player shouldn’t be the determining factor. Particularly when the manager set the team up for failure all extra time. Blame the players all you want but Poch concedes matches and manages in the moment. 

Haven’t won a big game all season. 

Agreed on the C liverpool team bit, but like I stated (and other have too) we DID create chances and more than once even before the C team was on the pitch. Their C team was only really on the pitch in the final moments of the match, when everybody was tired. Although I think Madueke and Mudryk are really far from good enough, I understand the manager when he employs them for their pace and fresher legs... and that's what he had on the bench. 🤷‍♂️

Regarding the WC... I think that term is tossed around way too easily, but truly WC players are typically the ones who can win these kind of matches for you. I think Virgil is in that category and I simply don't see any player in our roster capable of doing that at this time. Diaz was a handful to deal with today for example; that's also a player we don't have and I'm not even talking about quality (perhaps Palmer will get there soon), but characteristics with that short dribbling and quick changes of direction.

I think its quite simple, as I said earlier. A world class manager wins us this game every day of the week and twice on Sunday. We had every advantage possible and didnt take any advantage once in my opinion,

3 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

I think its quite simple, as I said earlier. A world class manager wins us this game every day of the week and twice on Sunday. We had every advantage possible and didnt take any advantage once in my opinion,

Who were the last managers to lose finals before this, the previous 5? 

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we have loser, gutless players, and a clueless manager

its a shitshow

fucking yanks have destroyed the club in 2 years

Sadly, our days as an elite club are gone. 

We are on the same level like Aston Villa, Wolves, Brighton etc.

Maybe in 20 years time we will be back at the top.. or further down the league system. 

Edited by Costa19

K board of hearing about Klopp now...

Just bonkers we could get a draw from City and then do this....hopefully one day we can find a actual striker who scores week in...that be nice.

Rather they had had their full team least been less annoying 

Just now, Vesper said:

I blame Boehly and Clownlake more than all the rest put together

£1.2 BILLION spent and we have mostly trash atm

I don't, We have a good squad in terms of age and potential etc, just not 1 of them has improved under stubborn coaching that has been proven over years to win 0.

Do I think Frank Lampard would have won that Cup? Probably not a gurantee but he would have had as much a chance as Poch did Today. We would at least have seen something different, we are going nowhere under Poch.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

He really hasn’t learned a thing from his time off of management. Still reactive. Still concedes matches. Still poor tactical discipline. 

I dread the rest of the season. 

especially the potential points deduction or straight relegation coming before the 2025/26 season kicks off, and likely sooner

we probably have only have 51 EPL games MAX left until possibly years in the Championship

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

especially the potential points deduction or straight relegation coming before the 2025/26 season kicks off, and likely sooner

we probably have only have 51 EPL games MAX left until possibly years in the Championship

Yehhhh I don't think we'll come straight back up if we were to go down...

Edited by Laylabelle

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

I don't, We have a good squad in terms of age and potential etc, just not 1 of them has improved under stubborn coaching that has been proven over years to win 0.

Do I think Frank Lampard would have won that Cup? Probably not a gurantee but he would have had as much a chance as Poch did Today. We would at least have seen something different, we are going nowhere under Poch.

ludicrous

we have made HORRIFIC transfer buys for ages

I have called them out when they happened and almsot always been proven correct

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

He really hasn’t learned a thing from his time off of management. Still reactive. Still concedes matches. Still poor tactical discipline. 

I dread the rest of the season. 

yes and a quite common tale in football.

A manager does one good job, some would say he bottled, but I look at the rosters here https://www.skysports.com/football/tottenham-hotspur-vs-liverpool/teams/407101 specifically Spurs roster and have to say it was quite the accomplishment getting there (CL final) to begin with, which was likely the reason he got the offer he got afterwards.

So, while it's understandable he received opportunities after the CL final, and after his spell at Spurs, this might be his last shot at a top club (at least for a while) even if it's debatable whether we are a top club at the moment -- only in spending it seems.

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Thanks did one of them lose 2? 

Yea im still not sure where you are going with this bud, Poch is still dog shit and we are clearly in a different era now.