Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

On 25/02/2024 at 20:29, dreamcfc said:

So why are you asking me the last 5 managers to lose a final as a response to me saying a world class manager would have won us that game today? like its got any difference, and for an answer, Yes, I feel a Tuchel team would have took this weak liverpool team today to the cleaners, don't you?

Tbh it was similar. TT lost because of Mount missed chances and Poch because of Gallagher.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh it was similar. TT lost because of Mount missed chances and Poch because of Gallagher.

Almost like these “industrious” English midfielders aren’t any good and are only here to fulfill a quota 

On 25/02/2024 at 16:40, Vesper said:

0fd24b7b16fa5c9dd0710631f3c0b6b9.pngd68eddf5ecff0841dbad53005f7d4cc2.png

These are the starting lineups.
It says posted at 16:40 Sunday.
Where did you get them from ?

Also is the 16:40 I see here my local time (Greece time) ?
If it is 16:40 in Greece it is 14:40 in the UK.

I want to see the lineups for tomorrow to see if Poch will start with Jackson again or Nkunku.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

These are the starting lineups.
It says posted at 16:40 Sunday.
Where did you get them from ?

Also is the 16:40 I see here my local time (Greece time) ?
If it is 16:40 in Greece it is 14:40 in the UK.

I want to see the lineups for tomorrow to see if Poch will start with Jackson again or Nkunku.

Same place I always do, off Google.

1600 was CET, my time here in Stockhom and most of the EU

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Same place I always do, off Google.

1600 was CET, my time here in Stockhom and most of the EU

Gr time is Swe time + 1.
So if you post at 16.40  it's 17.40 our time i.e. five minutes to half time of the match !
But is that Swe time depicted here in CFC forum ?
If it is 16:40 UK time then that makes it 5 minutes to full time - imposs.
So it's 16:40 Gr time and 15.40 your time - twenty minutes before kick off. Has to be.
What time do they know the lineups (time bfore kick off !).

Edited by cosmicway

Seen them all feeling sorry for themselves on the socials, fuck them the weak minded cunts, the lot of em.

Quit the fucking victim shit and feeling sorry for yourselves, pick yourself up like fucking men, play for the badge or fuck off you useless cunts

21 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Every time someone looks at our bench, at our squad, and at our starting XI and points out that that's not good enough is accused of "defending" the much hated manager. It's tiring and leads to making the the same mistakes over and over again.

1. Poch is not doing a good job -- horse beaten to death already IMO
2. The next B-list manager won't do much different with this squad and the options available to him--can it be improved enough?

I personally think the #2 above is BY FAR the biggest issue and one with no easy solution. 

Some interesting stats about the game (so much for Liverpool "kids" eh):

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13081405/carabao-cup-final-five-stats-from-liverpools-win-over-Chelsea-which-you-might-have-missed

But not all their players are starters...think that's the main thing age aside a few had their deubt whereas our lot didn't. Our line up cost a lot more and yet couldn't do anything 

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

But not all their players are starters...think that's the main thing age aside a few had their deubt whereas our lot didn't. Our line up cost a lot more and yet couldn't do anything 

Bad buys for alot of money doesn't mean they are good players as we have seen over the course of the season, the plan apparently is to buy top youth players and blend them into a winning team, so the theory goes. The idea its self is actually brilliant it's just been practiced wrong, yes you need young players to build and mold a team, but these players have come to a new league and a new country with no senior players bar sterling and silva and chilwell to teach them nurture them and learn from. Managers can sort tactics and improve players as a coach but they cannot and will not ever be able to teach them what they could learn of established senior players. And this is one of the problem we can keep replacing the manager until the cows come home but until we have a solid senior player basis for the "young talent" to learn and perfect thier craft off, we will never improve.

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Bad buys for alot of money doesn't mean they are good players as we have seen over the course of the season, the plan apparently is to buy top youth players and blend them into a winning team, so the theory goes. The idea its self is actually brilliant it's just been practiced wrong, yes you need young players to build and mold a team, but these players have come to a new league and a new country with no senior players bar sterling and silva and chilwell to teach them nurture them and learn from. Managers can sort tactics and improve players as a coach but they cannot and will not ever be able to teach them what they could learn of established senior players. And this is one of the problem we can keep replacing the manager until the cows come home but until we have a solid senior player basis for the "young talent" to learn and perfect thier craft off, we will never improve.

Yep agree. Leadership on the pitch and off isn't there as much. Even our senior lot are a bit lacking.

We have the odd players but not the backbone we used to have. More case or it seems everyone for themselves.

23 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep agree. Leadership on the pitch and off isn't there as much. Even our senior lot are a bit lacking.

We have the odd players but not the backbone we used to have. More case or it seems everyone for themselves.

Sometimes it does seem like every man for themselves but in big moments and in moments that need experience young players look to the seniors players and rely on them to show them the way, problem we have is there is none so no on knows wtf to do and that shows on the pitch.

10 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Gr time is Swe time + 1.
So if you post at 16.40  it's 17.40 our time i.e. five minutes to half time of the match !
But is that Swe time depicted here in CFC forum ?
If it is 16:40 UK time then that makes it 5 minutes to full time - imposs.
So it's 16:40 Gr time and 15.40 your time - twenty minutes before kick off. Has to be.
What time do they know the lineups (time bfore kick off !).

1 hour before kickoff

4 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Sure it may be lacking however - as I have previously pointed out - when we had the greatest collection of leaders in our team - JT, Frankie, Drogba, Cech and Cole… they were still helpless under the management of AVB.

When players have bad management, like our present, they are fighting uphill.