Chelsea 1 - 0 Brighton

ZAPHOD2319

38 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

My eyes roll when I see their logo on sidebar, previous 12 months made me absolutely fed up with everything remotely Brighton and it's not even entirely their fault. 

Right there with you brother!

After we lose this following another host of big chances wasted I can already see ppl going like ‘this is a blessing in disguise, so we can concentrate on the league’ … right, we can concentrate on continuing our worst PL season ever. 

truth be told, going out in the cups early will only aggravate this mess cos we will have less opportunities to play all those youngsters waiting on the wings. We really should use this competition as an outlet. Give everyone a clean slate and try to mentally separate from the poor league form. The only good thing is that Brighton usually don’t park the bus. They will field some young players as well so we will get a lot of chances to score again for sure. Just hope Broja or whoever comes in for Nico has the bottle to convert some 

I'd love to see the below line up... or do Gusto and Jackson serve suspensions over this comp as well? Regardless just swap them out with some youngsters - eg Broja.

----- Sanchez -----

Gusto-Disasi-Levi-Maatsen 

-----Caicedo--Enzo-----

Sterling---Palmer---Mudryk

----------Jackson----------

13 hours ago, robsblubot said:

When Chelsea play Brighton, think about a "mass interview" opportunity; we are pretty much watching the next 10 signings the club will make. Anyone under 21 is fair game.

De Zerbi already dreaming about how he can spend another 100 million on the next unknown wonderkid when the bid for Mitoma goes in at the end of the season!

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Twitter is a very harsh read these days.

In fairness it's always been a cesspit! Football twitter is full of rape apologists, clowns that follow players over clubs and idiots that put the letter P at the start of every word(someone explain that to me please) 

Hopefully we see some sort of improvement and a set formation with the lads not being played out of position, bit of luck we can go the AEK route and beat these, very wishful thinking but that's all we have to go on at the moment 😅

Edited by OReillyD36

5 hours ago, Thor said:

I'd love to see the below line up... or do Gusto and Jackson serve suspensions over this comp as well? Regardless just swap them out with some youngsters - eg Broja.

----- Sanchez -----

Gusto-Disasi-Levi-Maatsen 

-----Caicedo--Enzo-----

Sterling---Palmer---Mudryk

----------Jackson----------

Gusto is suspended. I think Chilwell defo starts based on he has been sub past few games. Maybe Ugo starts too as he was good against Bournemouth.

Despite having the second-highest number of touches in the opposition box in the Premier League this season - 241 behind Tottenham's 250 - we have managed just five goals. Only Luton (three) and Burnley (four) have scored fewer in the top flight so far. Brighton have scored most with 18. 🤐