Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa

James

Unlike last summer where nearly all of our big money signings flopped I’m not angry or let down by this summer’s signings. I think ALL of them will eventually grow in to great players. Some like Ugo and Gusto into very solid squad players.

It’s the coaching that I’m extremely let down by. The constant playing of players out of position is what’s harming us nearly as much as injuries and the inability to finish our dinner. I like Poch and truly thought the turnaround would be rapid entering the season.

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Intresting that Liverpool fans expected them to be in our position....

they were and are worried about their defence

Ibrahima Konaté  (never convincing)
Virgil van Dijk  not at all at the level of what he was a few years back, that knee injury did him hard
Joe Gomez meh
Joel Matip  ageing out, lacks pace
Jarell Quansah   (20yo, 21 in January, valued at 400K, U21 Pool youth team player)

LB Andrew Robertson   turns 30 in late winter this season
LB Konstantinos Tsimikas  nothing special

RB Trent Alexander-Arnold   horrid defensively and now injured

no backup RB on the roster, so they roll with the meh Gomez

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unlike last summer where nearly all of our big money signings flopped I’m not angry or let down by this summer’s signings. I think ALL of them will eventually grow in to great players. Some like Ugo and Gusto into very solid squad players.

Wish I was that optimistic. We have no world class senior players for those kids to learn from, I think that aspect is undervalued when it comes to development. If you constantly underperform in games you should be winning your confidence will drop, you won't enjoy playing anymore and you will be stuck in a rut, you lose belief in the project and so on.. no progress comes from that. We need to start winning soon or we're gonna have a bunch of wantaway players again by the end of the season.

Edited by manpe

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

Feel the criticism towards Poch is unfair. It's Winstanley and Laurence who deserve it more for turning us into an unbalanced youth team with average players at best (signing of Mudryk alone is a sackable offence, for that money we could have signed a ready-made player). Also all the injuries probably have something to do with the owners getting rid of most backroom staff from day 1, can't really put up a fair fight with 10+ players injured constantly.

It's a shitshow from top to bottom, we have a saying "the fish starts rotting from the head" so it's the head that needs chopping first. The fact that we had 3 managers fail and a 4th one already struggling is at least some kind of indication that maybe, just MAYBE the managers are not the root cause for "coincidentally" becoming relegation fodder overnight after the new owners came in. Even Guardiola would struggle with the situation we are in, I have no doubt about it.

The American owners felt It would be a wonderful storyline the Russian - ukraine war. They wanna show solidarity, boy oh boy what a mistake 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s the coaching that I’m extremely let down by. The constant playing of players out of position is what’s harming us nearly as much as injuries and the inability to finish our dinner. I like Poch and truly thought the turnaround would be rapid entering the season.

also the insane injuries

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they were and are worried about their defence

Ibrahima Konaté  (never convincing)
Virgil van Dijk  not at all at the level of what he was a few years back, that knee injury did him hard
Joe Gomez meh
Joel Matip  ageing out, lacks pace
Jarell Quansah   (20yo, 21 in January, valued at 400K, U21 Pool youth team player)

LB Andrew Robertson   turns 30 in late winter this season
LB Konstantinos Tsimikas  nothing special

RB Trent Alexander-Arnold   horrid defensively and now injured

no backup RB on the roster, so they roll with the meh Gomez

Doing alright so far. Obs long way to go but they'll be competing for top 4..

Whereas we're definitely not.

9 minutes ago, whats happening said:

has anyone yet asked poch why is gallagher playing as a cm and enzo as a am?

Bent to player pressure is my guess. Someone (was it Poch or Enzo?) said that Enzo came to him and asked to play further up the pitch, that's what he's doing.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Bent to player pressure is my guess. Someone (was it Poch or Enzo?) said that Enzo came to him and asked to play further up the pitch, that's what he's doing.

I think this too. But it clearly doesn't work. Fernandez prob likes the idea of scoring and assisting and that increases playing further forward but the games he has played further proves he should be a DLP only.

Mauricio Pochettino: “Yes, of course the owners are disappointed — but at the same time they need to support the plan”. 🚨🔵 #CFC

“We have the squad we have, we need try to build the confidence and give them all of the support they need”,

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think this too. But it clearly doesn't work. Fernandez prob likes the idea of scoring and assisting and that increases playing further forward but the games he has played further proves he should be a DLP only.

Agreed. He's an average AM but a world class CM, he should participate in our build-up all over the pitch, a roaming playmaker.

6 minutes ago, mkh said:

Mauricio Pochettino: “Yes, of course the owners are disappointed — but at the same time they need to support the plan”. 🚨🔵 #CFC

“We have the squad we have, we need try to build the confidence and give them all of the support they need”,

Dude is probably frustrated that the attacker the club provided him was an average U21 Man City reject. Poch was asking for experience and proven quality all summer and got none.

I think poch is doing the best he can, but the quality of the squad is not good enough.

They wanted to change a sell so many players all at once some players could have been keept.  Youth is not always the way forward you need to have a mixture experience and youth look at gusto's challenge today clearly a rookie mistake 

As a club we are really degressing from being one of the top clubs in Europe to this . American owners man should stick to nfl Major League baseball nba. 

The other problem now is we move to the next stage. Stage 2: when every club knows they can beat us and has no respect.

Might be struggling for the heady heights of  last seasons 12th come April. Blame lies with the owners.