Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa

James

I am expecting them to pump us here. Which means we will probably shithouse a result or draw. But really not expecting much, hopefully Fernandez and Jackson pull the finger out as they were pretty poor yesterday and that affected a lot of our play. 

13 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

At least Poch has a decent time with the squad this week to work. Leaves him with little excuse on the weekend. We absolutely have enough fit players to beat Villa.

We still see the same structural issues than questions will need to be brought up. 

I understand the pessimism going into the game, but hopefully Villa having an away fixture on Thursday evening disrupts their schedule. They will go strong in the EL and then having to come to the Bridge a few days after will not be ideal. We have a whole week off. Hopefully Caicedo is back for this, even though I thought Ugo did well against Bournemouth and have Fernandez in natural position. Like I say, I am positive simply because we have a whole week to prepare now and Villa have Europe to contend with.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I understand the pessimism going into the game, but hopefully Villa having an away fixture on Thursday evening disrupts their schedule. They will go strong in the EL and then having to come to the Bridge a few days after will not be ideal. We have a whole week off. Hopefully Caicedo is back for this, even though I thought Ugo did well against Bournemouth and have Fernandez in natural position. Like I say, I am positive simply because we have a whole week to prepare now and Villa have Europe to contend with.

Problem is we've been here before..teams played mid week and we haven't.. play us and yet we look like we've had the mid week game..hopefully being a Thursday situation will make it different...

A win be lovely!! Maybe we can get 2?!

3 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Absolutely dreading this game, nothing more to say on it.

Moussa Diaby versus any of our LBs has me distressed

4 total goals produced in 5 league games and had 2 goals chalked off on dodgy VAR calls thsi season

81 total goals produced the 3 seasons before this one

b50ef802e84af66f338a3fd5e29dd731.png

1def0021dbe517cd1d78c47376cc8c38.pngee7bc7e8e2245bde53935a027d0d46b4.png862485e6195748ed530749d0292a71f4.png

zero clue why we did not buy him to be our RWer

he and Dembele were my 2 top left footed/ambipedal RW choices (and Ousmane has that bad injury record, so Diaby was the safer buy)

the only ones I rate more atm are all not available and/or too old for the money

Bukayo Saka  
Phil Foden
Mohamed Salah 
Leroy Sané  (turns 28 in early January, so only 2 full sub 30yo seasons if we would have bought him this summer, plus he said no to multiple clubs including us)
Ousmane Dembélé

and Lionel Messi (lol)

Diably was almost £40m (37.5m) less than Mudryk (granted Mudryk is a LW)

£51m with add ons versus £88.5m with add ons

Plus Diaby only turned 24 in July and has a shedload of experience. 7 prime years we would have gotten out of him.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Moussa Diaby versus any of our LBs has me distressed

4 total goals produced in 5 league games and had 2 goals chalked off on dodgy VAR calls thsi season

81 total goals produced the 3 seasons before this one

b50ef802e84af66f338a3fd5e29dd731.png

1def0021dbe517cd1d78c47376cc8c38.pngee7bc7e8e2245bde53935a027d0d46b4.png862485e6195748ed530749d0292a71f4.png

zero clue why we did not buy him to be our RWer

he and Dembele were my 2 top left footed/ambipedal RW choices (and Ousmane has that bad injury record, so Diaby was the safer buy)

the only ones I rate more atm are all not available and/or too old for the money

Bukayo Saka  
Phil Foden
Mohamed Salah 
Leroy Sané  (turns 28 in early January, so only 2 full sub 30yo seasons if we would have bought him this summer, plus he said no to multiple clubs including us)
Ousmane Dembélé

and Lionel Messi (lol)

Diably was almost £40m (37.5m) less than Mudryk (granted Mudryk is a LW)

£51m with add ons versus £88.5m with add ons

Plus Diaby only turned 24 in July and has a shedload of experience. 7 prime years we would have gotten out of him.

Why did we buy Madueke?

21 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Why did we buy Madueke?

basically because in terms of left-footed (or ambipedal) wingers the ones struck through were either not available, injured (one), and/or told us no

we bought him over the remaining ones (Diably being the massive non buy)

Bukayo Saka   
Phil Foden   
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia 
Leroy Sané  
Ousmane Dembélé 

Moussa Diaby 
Raphinha  
Karim Adeyemi 
Mohammed Kudus
Mikel Oyarzabal
(massive injury)
Michael Olise
Jarrod Bowen
Bryan Mbeumo  
Nicolás González  
Marcus Edwards  
Rayan Cherki   
Amine Adli 

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

basically because in terms of left-footed (or ambipedal) wingers the ones struck through were either not available, injured (one), and/or told us no

we bought him over the remaining ones (Diably being the massive non buy)

Bukayo Saka   
Phil Foden   
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia 
Leroy Sané  
Ousmane Dembélé 

Moussa Diaby 
Raphinha  
Karim Adeyemi 
Mohammed Kudus
Mikel Oyarzabal
(massive injury)
Michael Olise
Jarrod Bowen
Bryan Mbeumo  
Nicolás González  
Marcus Edwards  
Rayan Cherki   
Amine Adli 

Clueless, rushed transfer. 

Signed Madueke out of nowhere without really factoring what he would bring to the team

The fact that he dribbles with his head down tells you all you need to know. No wonder he fails to pick a pass on time when in the final third. 

What's the point of having an explosive winger that can't make the right decision in the final third?

We used to complain about Willian a few seasons ago, but I would easily take Willian over all our current wingers atm.

16 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

We used to complain about Willian a few seasons ago, but I would easily take Willian over all our current wingers atm.

it is simply impossible that all of these wingers (not counting Nkunku as a winger and some of the youth on this list are also MFers atm) go bust

if they all do, we are done as a club

maybe there is bad witchcraft that has perma hexed Boehly, at that point

Raheem Sterling 
Mykhaylo Mudryk 
Noni Madueke 
Cole Palmer
Tino Anjorin
Kendry Páez
Ângelo Gabriel
Diego Moreira 
Omari Hutchinson

Alex Matos
Zain Silcott-Duberry 
Kiano Dyer
Harvey Vale 
Dion Rankine 
Leo Castledine   

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

it is simply impossible that all of these wingers (not counting Nkunku as a winger and some of the youth on this list are also MFers atm) go bust

if they all do, we are done as a club

maybe there is bad witchcraft that has perma hexed Boehly, at that point

Raheem Sterling 
Mykhaylo Mudryk 
Noni Madueke 
Cole Palmer
Tino Anjorin
Kendry Páez
Ângelo Gabriel
Diego Moreira 
Omari Hutchinson

Alex Matos
Zain Silcott-Duberry 
Kiano Dyer
Harvey Vale 
Dion Rankine 
Leo Castledine   

The question is not about going bust or not, but what can each deliver right now, and what they can deliver in the short term.

Poch says Mudryk has to learn to play in the PL; Madueke looks like a headless chicken.
Palmer is evidently far from being the end product, or City would've retained him.

We have one winger: Sterling. And a 19yo who played one good PL game and managed to pick up a long term injury. I look at our rivals and they are loaded on the wings... and not projects, but players who can win games on their days. Yes, even Spurs. 😕