Chelsea 0-1 Aston Villa

James

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The other problem now is we move to the next stage. Stage 2: when every club knows they can beat us and has no respect.

Might be struggling for the heady heights of  last seasons 12th come April. Blame lies with the owners.

That's it. Gone are the days when opposition and opposition fans might be fearful of us..dont have that anymore. Or for us looo at fixtures and sense a win

43 minutes ago, whats happening said:

has anyone yet asked poch why is gallagher playing as a cm and enzo as a am?

If I have to guess, Poch thinks Gallaghers work-rate can help shield the defense, and Enzo's better creativity can help things up front.

It's a mistake.

Enzo is not versatile like Fabregas, and has no goal threat. His strength is when playing further behind as a DLP., unhindered. 

I think Gallagher making runs into the box and pressing from the front would be a far option, because he's barely able to create anything from the back. 

Always picks a safe pass and slows down our play.

Like I said before - I've supported and still support Poch, but this mixup between Enzo & Gallagher, plus his insistence on leaving out our decent goalthreat in left back Chillwell (NOT left Winger Chillwell) , is just asking for trouble 

18 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The other problem now is we move to the next stage. Stage 2: when every club knows they can beat us and has no respect.

Might be struggling for the heady heights of  last seasons 12th come April. Blame lies with the owners.

The highest target I've set for this Chelsea team is 8th, which would be the equivalent of winning the league for this team this season.

I

Utterly humiliating once again for I don't know which time over and over.

This is a painful flashback from when things went south for Potter - I just can't see what are we trying to do and what is the endgame of the process here. It's just like everybody comes out on pitch with heads down and is like let's see what will come up from this, we'll suffer for this 90 mins, collect the check, rinse and repeat. We got what a lot of people cried for, that is getting rid of "toxic and lazy" players, or in other word, players that posessed actual skill, contrary to the "exciting talent" we have now and where just us unproductive, so nothing has changed. I don't see the hunger and pride people said will come with those young players. 

With Sarri it was evident from first game what he is aiming for and he wouldn't bite his tongue to say his system won't work if players won't be good enough to execute it. Meanwhile we are back to boys gave everything and lost to a bottom of table for 12th time in the row. Villa lost to way worse team in Europe this very week. Elite team wouldn't even be bothered to beat them, but this detail aside, elite team smells blood and capitalizes on it. Meanwhile we are as useless as ever recently. Is that this excitement and hunger we were promised?

I don't buy into the blitz growth talk, because if that was a plan, then what is the point of making 10 steps back first? Blitz growth would be buying the Real Madrid quality players in bulk, not U21 reserves quality players. We look like we might become competitive again in 3-4 years at best. And that is given rotating half of squad every window, because out of those 25 or so "exciting" players maybe 2 will become Chelsea quality IN FEW YEARS and thats optimistic.

I won't moan about the red card, because if it was the other way, we would be fuming if it wasn't red. Said it many times, this is exactly why we need experienced players in the mix, otherwise those reds, pk's given and missed chances will come abundant. Fortunately we are not playing any Europe anytime soon, as those players would turn into jelly and things like Tammy's missed penalty would be everyday reality.

Sanchez is a downgrade, or rather the emanation of mediocrity our owner's seem to love. He will save some, he will concede some. Goals alone are not a problem. We need mentality boost. Just remember the prime Mendy - this man was freaking wall between the posts. He gave an unreal confidence, that spread forward and took the pressure off our backline, as they knew any potential mistake won't end up in goal 99%. Kante gave us this kind of confidence. Hazard gave us this kind of confidence. Now anyone is just as scared and just as indifferent as each other. We have no player to inspire confidence, no player, who would be a true leader. And I'm afraid Poch is more of a neat PR person, than a leader.

I've seen a lot in last 20 years, but this is truly disgraceful, even when we happily headed towards relegation under Mou, things didn't look so bleak.

For me we dont play in our sthrenghts, 

Mudryk has pace and he is nowhere near opposotion backline, our backline sitts deep because of thiago and disasi who are slower.

Chillwel doesnt play at lb who could be a constant goal threat on the left side, colwill is there

Enzo is a dlp and plays as an amf

Why not tp ut palmer there, why connor plays as he dont provide us with anything

2 hours ago, Vytis33 said:

And what happened to Chilwell?  Pre-season looked really strong and ready for a resurgent year.  Praised the training and fitness from Poch

Pochs LW bullshit happened 

1 hour ago, Amad_diallo said:

The American owners felt It would be a wonderful storyline the Russian - ukraine war. They wanna show solidarity, boy oh boy what a mistake 

That was not the reason. Arsenal were trying to sign Mudryk and our people hijacked the deal. The owners have plenty to be accountable for, but you can’t blame them for every single thing.

We almost try too hard and then when it doesn't happen it goes to pot(ter). We were creating so many chances and we can't put one in because Jackson ends up being away from goal or our midfielders aren't goalscoring threats in positions for the cut backs.

11 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

We almost try too hard and then when it doesn't happen it goes to pot(ter). We were creating so many chances and we can't put one in because Jackson ends up being away from goal or our midfielders aren't goalscoring threats in positions for the cut backs.

Midfield is also a worry for me. When your front-line doesn't produce, you need a goal threat from midfield, but our eventual MF of Lavia, Caicedo and Enzo has none in it. Solid defensively in theory, but defence gets you draws, not wins. We will be relying heavily on defenders and set-pieces to score goals with such a defensive midfield and toothless attack.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Why isn't Gallagher being used as a box threat?

We should be playing 4-3-3 I think. Caicedo sitting, Enzo and Gallagher going b2b. This way Enzo gets his wish of having the freedom to bomb forward, same for Conor. Sitting in a pivot just doesn't fit Gallagher and staying high doesn't fit Enzo.