Bournemouth 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The mentality and structure is what I was happy about in preseason. We looked cohesive and much more crisp on the ball. None of that translated to the real season.

Honestly, I’m not seeing ANYTHING promising with Poch since the PL started. It’s extremely worrying.

It what happens when you decide to go out and buy a team that could play in the U12's league. Everyone we brought was essentially done on 'potential', I and some others warned that we needed experience as otherwise it could quickly turn into what we are currently seeing as no-one knows what is needed to win games in the PL.

Edited by King Kante

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Way too early to consider this even though the signs are on the wall

The lack of Reece Caicedo Lavia and Nkunku offsets some of it 

Problem is that Reece, Nkunku and Fofana are probably perma damaged goods so we cant really hold our breaths for them to return.

Nah this season will be like last season with Potter. 10 minutes of great football and 80 minutes of dogshit football.. 

Just now, robsblubot said:

Unsurprisingly this U23 team lacks composure. Composure is what you need to win these type of matches.

And they are looking to Sterling as the leader for composure.

That in itself gives all the answers needed.

*Even Pep couldn't fix him

Edited by Muzchap

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

And they are looking to Sterling as the leader for composure.

That in itself gives all the answers needed.

yeah but Composure has to come from all players. Like when Conor has the chance, he has to show composure. He did not.

Having 1-2 players in the squad with composure is not going to work.

Edited by robsblubot

13 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

The squad today sure, but a fully fit squad with Reece James and Nkunku (nevermind the rest) is different level to Palace.

Yup, those exact two players would be setting us apart probably. Maybe Caicedo or Badia back would help too.

But that's the issue, the strategic planning of the whole club is off. You can't spend 1bn and the rely on 2 extremely injury prone players to set you apart from relegation fodder. We have spent so much on just youngsters that we are left with a poor squad that is poorer and lower on confidence by the day. No leadership or expereince the young ones can learn from on lean on. The club has been set up for chaos.

Yes, Poch is not helping either with his weird selections and coward tactics. It may well be he is not that prodigy manager from his 2 decent seasons at spurs anymore but he is no complete dud. The mentality and qualiy is jut weak. No one is taking responsiblity, we try to carry the ball into the net, no one dares to shoot and when they do it's tame. They are all just completely off it mentally. Just a bunch of soft ass gullible youngsters.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The mentality and structure is what I was happy about in preseason. We looked cohesive and much more crisp on the ball. None of that translated to the real season.

Honestly, I’m not seeing ANYTHING promising with Poch since the PL started. It’s extremely worrying.

Didn’t think we looked hugely out of the ordinary in pre-season in all fairness. Better than last season but even today’s performances better than last seasons so hardly difficult. Some patterns, bits and pieces that you’d expect from a Poch team but we played pre-season against other teams in pre-season, so its not a great barometer. Competitive games is what you want to see real progress in.

When your starting 11 is made up of 70% u22 players every week (majority drom outside the PL) who naturally are going to fluctuate in performance - this is the wild bit I don’t get how anybody involved in the football strategy couldn’t see this coming - based on results, confidence, the whole process of developing as footballers, its not going to be smooth sailing.

Not to mention injuries to guys who may be able to be more dependable in levels of consistency or influence on the team such as Reece, probably Caicedo and definitely Nkunku - who for me is the biggest miss right now seeing as we didn’t sign another more proven attacker for whatever reason - then you have to turn to some other players in the squad. Unfortunately we don’t have a Kante or a Kovacic (could have kept maybe one of them and not buy Ugo or Lavia and have used funds on another CF/AM? But I tend to remember people saying how getting rid of both and getting Caicedo and Lavia was outstanding more or less) or whomever it may be of that ilk.

I mean look at the 18 today and tell me that if it weren’t Chelsea folk would be saying that was a good match day squad. You can’t. And its poor squad building because its too far focused on 3,4 years - granted we don’t sign another 10 u21s by then. 

We've been turned into Arsene Wenger's Arsenal post-invincible era , 2008 - whenever he fucked off.

Only, MUCH worse.  We are literally a mid-table side over the span of 1 year 😅 We have a bunch of unproven, unknowns commodities who have never done anything in their lives. 

Last 2 times, we won a title, it was 1 special player (Eden Hazard), who dragged us to the finish line.

Its been 7 long years since we won the Premier League.

I don't see Chelsea winning the league as long as Pep and Klopp are managing City and Pool.

When is it time to pull the emergency breaks and start to worry we have become a club of yesteryear? 

It’s too early to call for his sacking now for sure, but what this team needs desperately is a manager who extracts the absolute maximum effort and quality out of players. Someone who makes even guys who are not at the very top class level play out of their skin. And most importantly a manager who has the team working as one cohesive unit.

I had really bought into Poch being that manager in the buildup to the season but there is zero evidence that he’s going to be the miracle worker I had hoped thus far. I really did think he’d have us transformed in short order after that horror season. Not fighting with City, Arse, or Liverpool but in amongst the rest of the top 4 challengers.

How is it possible that Spuds have been completely transformed and their manager who has never coached at a high level can come in and get them playing great football and scoring for fun but we have a super highly experienced coach who hasn’t improved us at all yet? And that’s after they’ve sold their best player who has carried them HARD for years!

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Pochettino hating Mudryk is not the problem. Mudryk hating to score goals is 😄

A good start would be to shoot *on goal*... can't score otherwise I'm afraid.

I don't yet know if Mudryk will turn out to be employable, the signs do not look good, but he's definitely not the player some thought he was.