Bournemouth 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’re a complete disgrace of a team. How do things look so promising in preseason only to look like a team who have never trained together as soon as the real thing starts?

This team just ruins every weekend just like last season. I’m just done letting it do so. Why watch if the players don’t give a shit?

We continue to be the laughingstock of the football world. Everyone roasting us and rightfully so.

Because it was preseason. People getting excited about our performances during preseason was one of the most moronic things that I have seen on here, so that was a pretty high bar to clear. 

Edited by King Kante

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He's being played out of position.

Yeah he has to play a bit deeper, I think outright as the most advanced midfielder, like a 10, is a bit of a waste. He probably touches the ball more when he plays in a box to box role.

Just now, Muzchap said:

I don't think I ever said it was an amazing window.

I agree - we needed a blend of youth and experience, I don't think many of our players would get in many of the top 4 teams. 

I don't think this model will be successful as the team will keep losing and players end up shite.

Maybe you didn’t but there was a lot of folk with hards on particularly after the Caicedo and Lavia deals. Not saying that that profiles of players weren’t needed in the squad but Caicedo, Lavia and Ugochuwku are all in the same mould realistically speaking in terms of being highly combative players and not creative yer we’ve spent the best part of £200m on them alone this summer. To be fair to Gallagher he is more likely to score a goal or win us a game than any of those 3. Its like we were building a midfield for Mourinho or Conte by signing those 3 all in the same window. Enzo and Gallagher the only more creative/less defensively midfielders we have as I would class Nkunku more as an attacking midfielder. 

Bournemouth probably should of won that based on the saves Sanchez made. Sums us up. £1bn on players yet every attacker barring Sterling, who even looked a bit off it today, not one of them is really up to scratch to be a leading man at a club wanting to compete for Europe.

Not necessarily fair to expect them to be but when you sign what 4 or 5 attackers aged 22 and under in 3 windows alongside however many other u22 players, you send a pretty clear message that your counting on them to be able to do the business there and then. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Because it was preseason. People getting excited about our performances during preseason was one of the most moronic things that I have seen on here, so that was a pretty high bar to clear. 

The mentality and structure is what I was happy about in preseason. We looked cohesive and much more crisp on the ball. None of that translated to the real season.

Honestly, I’m not seeing ANYTHING promising with Poch since the PL started. It’s extremely worrying.

Just now, chelsea_4_eva said:

Glad I missed the match. Judging from the comments on here. Dire indeed.

The usual, 10 minutes of blitz, run out of ideas, youngster mentality sets in, formation goes out of sync due to people coming short for the ball, had 4 opportunities 2 yards out and spooned 3.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Chilwell not playing left back for five games is a strange call and it’s on Poch. The left side is an attacking dead zone. Only consistent danger has been Sterling and Gusto on the right 

Agreed and may explain how off he looked when was finally brought on.
Left wing was non-existent which not good enough at this level.

(I don't have a huge prob w/ Chilwell in LW, but you lose the LB this way).

Edited by robsblubot

Fanbase already turning on Potch and I cannot blame them one bit. 

If you think last season was bad then this season is going to retire alot of fans from wanting to watch football at all. 

We don't have Kova or Kante to help in the dressing room.

Panic buttons need to be pressed immediately. 

Because it really is time to panic.