Bournemouth 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

I will genuinely celebrate if we manage to get a point from the Villa game. 

We fucked up not getting Enrique or Nagelsmann and we know why those two didn't want to come here...

They looked at what the owners wanted to do and said fuck that and walked away.

I didn't even realise during the game that Jackson picked up a yellow. Only until I checked my FPL points I realised he was booked. This guy is really clumsy. I love his footballing ability, even though he needs to find his shooting boots, but already at this stage, he is facing one yellow from a match ban.

Asides that, not going to make too much judgement until we get 3/4 of the squad fit. Many game changers who could have changed the game unavailable. But hard to be optimistic right now. Hopefully things change.

21 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

We've been turned into Arsene Wenger's Arsenal post-invincible era , 2008 - whenever he fucked off.

Only, MUCH worse.  We are literally a mid-table side over the span of 1 year 😅 We have a bunch of unproven, unknowns commodities who have never done anything in their lives. 

Last 2 times, we won a title, it was 1 special player (Eden Hazard), who dragged us to the finish line.

Its been 7 long years since we won the Premier League.

I don't see Chelsea winning the league as long as Pep and Klopp are managing City and Pool.

When is it time to pull the emergency breaks and start to worry we have become a club of yesteryear? 

Eden Hazard was the world's best player.
Ronaldo at Juve was no longer at his prime and Mbappe not born yet.
Some favoured the short one, ok. But Eden was the best.
But the difference with him and without him is huge.

Edited by cosmicway

15 minutes ago, Stats said:

I didn't even realise during the game that Jackson picked up a yellow. Only until I checked my FPL points I realised he was booked. This guy is really clumsy. I love his footballing ability, even though he needs to find his shooting boots, but already at this stage, he is facing one yellow from a match ban.

Asides that, not going to make too much judgement until we get 3/4 of the squad fit. Many game changers who could have changed the game unavailable. But hard to be optimistic right now. Hopefully things change.

reckon he's a tweak or two from becoming a more effective attacker: don't hold on to the ball so much... move the ball a bit quicker.

Now, this change is easier said than done; it will really test his ability. That's why PL is so good.

Edited by robsblubot

We have outspent Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City…. for a team that cannot beat Bournemouth and Nattm Forest. 

We are not just screwed for this season.

That said, I will not miss a game, but watching live may be less of a priority

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

I will genuinely celebrate if we manage to get a point from the Villa game. 

We fucked up not getting Enrique or Nagelsmann and we know why those two didn't want to come here...

They looked at what the owners wanted to do and said fuck that and walked away.

Enrique 🤣 I mean have you seen PSG under him? Sure the style looks good but he has them sitting 4th in the most one sided league in Europe with one of, if not the biggest budgets across Europe. In fact the worst start they’ve ever had to a campaign since being bought over…

Like it or not Poch or Nagelsmann was always going to be the way to go. Neither are particularly at the level Tuchel, Klopp or Pep are at but both geared up for dealing with younger squads. 

This is why I felt it was really important to get a mixture of players in different age range. We only have 7 players in the squad at the age of 25 and up. Not only that, only Chilwell and Silva are the ones left from our CL win. Too many changes, too soon for me.

9 minutes ago, whats happening said:

jackson was shit at the start of last season too, and by the end was one of the best strikers in the la liga. 

Even so, he’s 22 and in a new league, getting the bulk of minutes with no experienced ST to pair up with. 

No surprise he’s struggling now. Asking too much too soon. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Even so, he’s 22 and in a new league, getting the bulk of minutes with no experienced ST to pair up with. 

No surprise he’s struggling now. Asking too much too soon. 

agreed. It does look there is a player there.

On the other hand his confidence won't be flying high right now. Like others here, I wish we had retained more from the starting XI for no other reason than to provide the new and young players a bit of support. If not that then sign some experienced players to do that.

40 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

reckon he's a tweak or two from becoming a more effective attacker: don't hold on to the ball so much... move the ball a bit quicker.

Now, this change is easier said than done; it will really test his ability. That's the why the PL is so good.

The pressure on a young player like Jackson, and others in the starting 11 is too much. Youngsters like Haaland or Mbappe are the exception, not the rule.

They're all too soft, with good guy mentalities. 

Maybe a coach like Mourinho was what this young group needed, BUT that would have meant shitty football, even if results improved.

This is all down to the brute force approach this management has taken in the past two years.

Chelsea had a top 4 team. Instead of just revitalizing the squad, they opted for massive surgery and this is what we have.

First they gave the squad to mediocre managers, and now they've given a very young squad to a decent manager.

Edited by Blue Armour

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Wish I never see Enzo playing as a CAM ever again.

Starting to get worried with Jackson... have to say.

so many of our bigger signings since Boehly took over are either proven busts, coming towards being busts, or potentially perma injured busts

plus some of our key pre-existing players are also injured far too often or simply not good enough

the team is rocketing off the rails and may be shit for years at this rate

12 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

The pressure on a young player like Jackson, and others in the starting 11 is too much. Youngsters like Haaland or Mbappe are the exception, not the rule.

They're all too soft, with good guy mentalities. 

Maybe a coach like Mourinho was what this young group needed, BUT that would have meant shitty football, even if results improved.

This is all down to the brute force approach this management has taken in the past two years.

Chelsea had a top 4 team. Instead of just revitalizing the squad, they opted for massive surgery and this is what we have.

First they gave the squad to mediocre managers, and now they've given a very young squad to a decent manager.

Completely agree. The exceptions you listed are so good in specific (or overall) skill that that alone provides all the confidence they need. Even Neymar had abundance of confidence given his sublime first touch and ball control, of course he lacks in other areas, but a diff discussion.

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so many of our bigger signings since Boehly took over are either proven busts, coming towards being busts, or potentially perma injured busts

plus some of our key pre-existing players are also injured far too often or simply not good enough

the team is rocketing off the rails and may be shit for years at this rate

Think the answer is really in what Blue Armour wrote above. This is exactly what I was expecting to happen because I've seen it happen, and more than once. Young players do not cope well with pressure esp in very competitive circumstances, which the PL certainly offers.

The danger here is to lose good/excellent promising players due to not providing them with the support they need to compete at this level.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

The danger here is to lose good/excellent promising players due to not providing them with the support they need to compete at this level.

That's my biggest worry if the season ends up being mediocre.

The one positive is that all our top players James, Enzo are on long term contracts, so they will have less negotiating power to jump ship.