Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

We have seen some improvement the last two months, bar the Arsenal result.
Poch worked out a system -at last- and our scoring was significantly improved.
That was the biggest problem. Against Nottingham Forest for example back in September if we had scored three would anyone bother with Forest getting back one ?
Overall he did n't make it and we saw the likes of Spurs and Aston Villa finishing above us.
Plus the horrendous injury list, yet is he to blame for that or some other department ?
I hope the blueprints of the improvement we saw lately will not be lost as a result of the change of guard.
But who will be the next one ?

Based on David Ornstein who is the most reliable person when it comes to Chelsea, the club made the decision a while ago and recent results just made it a little more complicated. At the end they didn't like what they saw over the course of the season. Poch didn't reach the club objective and tactically they want to go in a different direction.

Personally i agree to part ways, recent results help Poch save face.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Is this a joke?
Did the club NOT know Pochettino employed a high pressing and direct style?!
Personally I think that style is perfect for the current crop of players.

They list 6 players out of 11 starters, some of which played little this season. Teams who do what they claim the club wants even have a goalie that fits that style! Mudryk and Madueke are extremely direct players and wingers are kinda important to keep possession.
Also interesting Caicedo and Conor aren't mentioned, no?

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Championship is the league you want to look.

well, these are the 5 most likely then, IF that is where we are hunting

Martin is Scottish, BUT, lol, he was born in Brighton, eeeeeek

54c489b4538f7e32dd9e520d850ab1c3.png

51 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Based on David Ornstein who is the most reliable person when it comes to Chelsea, the club made the decision a while ago and recent results just made it a little more complicated. At the end they didn't like what they saw over the course of the season. Poch didn't reach the club objective and tactically they want to go in a different direction.

Personally i agree to part ways, recent results help Poch save face.

pure bullshit just to save face. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Probably can add

Oliver Glasner from Palace

Andoni Iraola from Bournemouth

Gary O'Neil from Wolves

He did as well a Poch did toward the end of the season, that should make people here happy since the last 6 games of the season that matters to them.

Chelsea owner who never wanted Pochettino came “armed with data” to prove 2 failings of the coach

https://Chelsea.news/2024/05/Chelsea-owner-who-never-wanted-pochettino-came-armed-with-data-to-prove-2-failings-of-the-coach/

4975951-1024x608.jpg

Ben Jacobs is as well connected as they come at Chelsea, and we were expecting some really juicy information from him on the events at Chelsea tonight.

Mauricio Pochettino has been sacked, and information about the surprising move is coming from all over. Jacob’s angle focuses on how the ownership side came to this decision.

It was already previously reported that Behdad Eghbali, one of the “co-controlling owners” was not a fan of the Pochettino appointment in the first place. Reports were that he was “never fully convinced” by the decision to bring the former Spurs boss in.

Given that, he was never going to go easy on Pochettino, and it sounds like he led the charge on the club side to part ways. Jacobs reports that “especially” Eghbali “came armed with data” to the end of season meetings with Pochettino. A lot of the data this season was good and pointed towards the improvement we finally saw in the last two months, but they apparently focused on the team’s struggles with missing big chances, and at set pieces.

Big issues – but with more than one father

Both of those seem a little harsh, given the context. Pochettino was given basically one striker to work with, and he was as raw as they come. Nicolas Jackson missed a lot of chances, but he was improving as time went by.

On set pieces, while we would expect more from the team, there was also clearly a squad building issue. The players that Pochettino was expected to play every week included a lot of small players, or those simply not good in the air.

Certainly we would think the coach wouldn’t have taken kindly to those two failings being put squarely at his door rather than at the door of the sporting directors who built the team.

Paul Merson offers furious Mauricio Pochettino verdict after Chelsea's 'madness'

Mauricio Pochettino has left Chelsea by mutual consent just a year into his spell as manager, prompting outrage from supporters and pundits following a strong end to the season

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-Chelsea-paul-merson-32863390

1_Paul-Merson.jpg

Chelsea’s decision to part company with Mauricio Pochettino is “madness”, according to Paul Merson, who has slammed the club for their shortsightedness.

The Blues announced on Tuesday evening that they had let Pochettino go by mutual agreement after a year. The move came two days after Chelsea had secured sixth place in the Premier League by winning a fifth match in a row.

Pochettino met with sporting directors Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley and co-owners Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali in an end-of-season review process. He expressed his desire to be more involved in transfers going forward, but the club’s hierarchy were unwilling to budge and therefore decided to end his tenure a year early.

Stewart and Winstanley have drawn up a shortlist of eight potential replacements, which contains Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna and Leicester’s Enzo Maresca, but Merson is convinced they have made a dreadful mistake. “I cannot believe he's gone,” he said on Sky Sports News. “Whoever's making this decision: how are you going to replace him? He’d just got the team going and got into Europe. He got them into sixth in the league. It's madness. I cannot believe what I'm hearing.”

Chelsea have now dispensed with Thomas Tuchel, Graham Potter and Pochettino – as well as interim appointments Bruno Saltor and Frank Lampard – since Clearlake Capital took over in May 2022. Boehly and Eghbali have developed a reputation for being trigger happy, having seen little return on the £1billion they have spent on players over the past two years.

Pochettino had endured a difficult season in which Chelsea were mired in mid-table and suffered defeat against an injury-hit Liverpool in the Carabao Cup final in February. But he had turned things around impressively in the final month, winning five straight matches to secure European football with a young squad – an achievement that former Chelsea player Gus Poyet felt had earned him more time.

“My initial reaction was I know nothing about football. Nothing surprises me now,” he said on Sky. “The best moments of Pochettino were the last two months. We were expecting a great summer and the start of something important. But we don't know [what is going on] inside [the club]. I was shocked.

0_GettyImages-2150525625.jpg

“I remember Pochettino saying, ‘I'm at Chelsea I need to win’ - but he had a group of players totally different to the type of players you need to win. If you want to win the Premier League with that Chelsea team, most of them are young… I would like the message from the top. What does the manager need to do next season?”

Chelsea are now understood to be seeking a young forward-thinking manager who will take the role of head coach, rather than a more traditional one who has influence on other matters. Cole Palmer was among the first Chelsea players to pay tribute to the departing Pochettino, writing on Instagram: "Gaffer, thank you for everything you have done for me & making my dreams come true. All the best."

Posted (edited)

‘WAITING FOR BARCELONA’ – Hansi Flick

Chelsea REJECTED IN BID FOR NEW MANAGER

https://getfootballnewsspain.com/waiting-for-barcelona-Chelsea-rejected-in-bid-for-new-manager/

fbl-friendly-ger-jpn-presser-1170x721.jp

Premier League giants Chelsea have today been dealt something of a blow in their pursuit of a new manager.

This comes amid confirmation that one of the Blues’ leading targets to replace the departing Mauricio Pochettino has knocked back the advances of the club.

The tactician in question? Hansi Flick.

As per a report from Mundo Deportivo, the former Bayern Munich and Germany headmaster responded with a form ‘no’ upon being contacted by the Stamford Bridge brass.

Why? He is waiting for Barcelona.

The situation on the bench in Barcelona is of course considered to be completely up in the air with a view to next season.

As much comes with Joan Laporta and co. giving fresh consideration to parting ways with Xavi, just weeks on from confirming the Spaniard’s continuation beyond the summer.

Flick, for his part, has long been named as a leading contender to take up the reins in Catalunya’s capital, held in high regard by several leading members of the Blaugrana board.

In turn, he is ready to reject any and all other projects, in the hopes of at last being afforded his ‘dream’ job at the Camp Nou.

Edited by Vesper

Just got done watching a video about De Zerbi’s tactics and continue to think he’d be ideal. He has that same sort of obsessive, maniacal approach to coaching that Pep does. This is what this squad needs: extreme tactical discipline and understanding EXACTLY where to be at all times. Like City, like Liverpool, like his Brighton side last season. The movements, the triangles, the positioning is masterful and it comes as effortless second nature to the players.

We need this sort of micromanaging coach badly. It just so happens that he’s now right there to be had without any trouble of dealing with his club.

He’s the only name that’s we’ve been linked to now that I’d be happy with at this point.Theres a reason his style caught the eye of these clubs that are renowned for playing beautiful, controlled football as a successor to legends like Guardiola.