The Next Manager?

We can talk about who we want as manager until the cows come home. The reality is more like “ who can we think of that might just take the job “ !!. Would you want to come and work for this bunch of amateurs ? I definitely sure I wouldn’t.

With Poch we had a chance of Top4 next season — we can now wave that goodbye. Listen to the players who are gutted and so am I !!! 

18 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Vincent Kompany 🤣 nothing against him...but just the names they are finding worry me

Bayern have been linked to him as well. It just seems like the same managers are being mentioned regardless of where the vacancy is. 

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

Funny how Maresca is lower than Mckenna and he actually won the Championship

Not really. Maresca came to best team in Championship and pretty much everyone knew they would win it and come back to PL instantly. McKenna on the other hand won League 1 with Ipswich season before so expectations were probably just to stay in Championship. Way more impressive. 

I wonder if they want to get someone like Arteta or Alonso. 

No one really thought they would do what they are doing now. So it seems like the club think they can get that type of manager.....

Id be gutted if it was anyone other than De Zerbi at this point considering what I feel the players need. What gets me is that you literally need personality, a bit about you to manage at that level, secure championships, and I don't see that in candidates mentioned.

If we make a good hire then it'll be a fluke,have no confidence in the powers that be selecting the right candidate.coaches we are linked with do appear to be the types that would accept being head coach instead of manager. de Zerbi and Maresca have experience coaching multiple members of our current squad. McKenna kinda done the most impressive job of the candidates but as boom or bust as they come.can't help but think the job is out of his depth but he's been defying the odds. I wouldnt say we linked with anyone thats a safe pick.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I wonder if they want to get someone like Arteta or Alonso. 

No one really thought they would do what they are doing now. So it seems like the club think they can get that type of manager.....

IF Arse grab Osimhen or Lautaro Martínez or Isak or Viktor Gyökeres

plus a LB like Davies or Nuno Mendes or Federico Dimarco or Theo Hernández

they will go in as favourites (or co-favourites) to win the League and spoil Pep's last EPL season (I would say 75 to 85 % chance 2024/25 is Pep's last season at Citeh)

no way Arteta bails out on that

not even for Barca (IF Arse get 1 of those 4 options for each of those 2 positions)

remember, Barca are still absolutely fucked financially

maybe I am wrong, but I certainly (IF those 2 players were tossed into a squad like Arse already have), would NOT jump into the Barca shitshow at this point, especially if Ronald Araújo, a top 3 or 4 CB on the planet, leaves Barca

Edited by Vesper

Posted (edited)

Enzo is going to have the same issue under McKenna as he did under Poch, he is not a combative and energetic DM. If you are going to play very direct, your pivot need to cover a lot of ground. He also likes to hoof the ball to a target man, that is clearly not the silky Jackson.

Feel sorry for Enzo.

Edited by Clockwork

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Enzo is going to have the same issue under McKenna as he did under Poch, he is not a combative and energetic DM. If you are going to play very direct, your pivot need to cover a lot of ground. He also likes to hoof the ball to a target man, that is clearly not the silky Jackson.

Feel sorry for Enzo.

These clowns are wasting away his career, what a disgrace.