Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

The Badiashile effect.

He has surprised me. Knew he had the physical tools to handle the switch to this league but was very unsure about how he’d adjust to the pace of the PL game. But he has looked very calm, cool, and composed in his first 2 matches. 

Couple of rushed or sloppy passes and a couple of times where he has misjudged his positioning but that should be ironed out in time.

I think Ziyech might be kept now to the summer at least.

Granted he wasn’t brilliant but he had put a few good crosses in from open play and set plays.

He really has a unique skillset despite not having blistering pace. 

1 hour ago, bluesman2610 said:

Yup him and Pulisic have to go. It’s easy to be our most creative player in the attacking group we had before Felix and Mudryk showed up but from what I’ve seen of these two we won’t have to rely on just the hopeful swung in balls from the flank

Funny. All Chelsea attackers these days start great and end up becoming flops. Be careful with what you wish for!

10 minutes ago, milka said:

I don't know what we will do with so many central defenders in the coming months - Silva , Chalobah , Koulibaly , Fofana , Badiashille , Colwill  especially if Potter want to play with a back four

Silva : Gone in 2 years max, maybe gone summer 2024. 😞

Trevoh should be sold, he is just not good enough IMHO.

KK never should have been purchased, let alone given a 4 year £295K PW contract. He needs to go, and we just take the loss.

Wesley Fofana will, unfortunately, likely continue to be repeatedly injured. Potentially horrid buy. Hopefully I am dead wrong.

Badiashile looks a good buy so far. Very happy with his play.

Colwill is yet to become a proven Chels player. Cross that Bridge when we get there.

The two main CB targets for me are unchanged: Gvardiol and then Skriniar on a free. I wanted Simakan as well, as he is a good RB as well as CB, buy he just renewed.

All three of the left footers (Gvardiol, Badiashile, Colwill) csn all play centre CB in a back 3, and RCB in a back 3 and a back 4.

Assuming we get one year more from Thiago, Colwill sticks, and Fofana fully recovers (massive IF), then my ideal August 2024 group of 6 CBs would have been:

Gvardiol

Badiashile 

Colwill

Skriniar 

Wesley Fofana

Simikan (our backup RB as well, so plenty of minutes for him)

But......

The only one of those 6 that is almost for sure likely to be here and playing well is Badiashile, as the others likely will not be purchased/signed (Gvardiol, Skriniar, and Simakan), may not recover fully recover (Fofana), and may not break through Colwill).

11 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Good we'll have some training time, but really makes Felix's suspension feel like a long one.

But why is there a 2 week break is what I’m asking? 

Just now, Pizy said:

But why is there a 2 week break is what I’m asking? 

This is more normal for clubs that are not going deep into all competitions I think... There is an FA cup round coming up we wont be taking part in.