Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

A problem we really need to address too. No proper number 9 here for years. Get a goalscorer in sharpish

But its not only about a ”goalscorer” but about every attacking players non existent confidence. With some confidence we would have scored 2-3 goals today 

9 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

So you have to be dumb to work on a building site? That what we saying here? 

I've worked as a hod carrier before. You don't have to be dumb but a lot of people on site are. 

It was an attack on Gallagher's skill not the intelligence of builders. 

Much of Gallagher’s appeal is that he’s supposed to not only be aggressive and mobile in midfield but also pop up and score plenty of goals. But every single time he gets in great positions to score or have a shot he panics and shits himself.

Whilst I’m not pushing hard for us to sell him, if some other club like Palace offer us a sizable fee I’d move him.

Now that we’re more used to playing a back 4 again I think we should try Mudryk left, Kai up top, Madueke right and Félix in the hole just behind Kai. But to do that we need to buy Caicedo so we have a solid midfield 2 behind those 4.

I think in the position that we're in right now, there were quite a few positives to take today.

I know it's hardly a vintage Liverpool side currently with their own struggles, but given the starting XI we put out and some of the inexperience in there playing away at Anfield, I thought the application and effort from the team was overall excellent. 

Defensively gave them little and looked solid. Thiago Silva is quite literally a joke, it should be illegal how good he is at his age. I do really like Badiashile too. He's a bit raw in some instances but he looks extremely promising and definitely looks a more solid bet than Koulibaly who I think will find his days numbered as players start to return from injury.

Again, just lacking at times that final ball, or shot. The composure in and around the box just isn't good enough currently, but there were some much improved passages of play and a bit more personality to our game than recent weeks. 13 days now until the next game, new signings to bed in, injured players closer to full fitness and two positive results to build on. It does just feel like things are turning a little bit for the better, and you can see that a bit more in GP's demeanour and press conferences too.

Mudryk looks very promising. That pace, utilised properly and effectively, will be an absolute weapon. But I'd seen his pace and dribbling abilities on videos before today's game, what impressed me even more was other parts of his game. Looked technically very accomplished, good choice and weight of pass, willingness to run, tracked back and won the ball a couple of times. 

From what I've seen in the brief performances so far from Mudryk, Badiashile and even Felix is promising to suggest that our transfers this window are positive to the long term build of the side. That in itself leaves me much more open minded to trust the new scouting and recruitment teams to get decisions right on signings.

48 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Yeah, and tbh they have had their process for a couple of years. 
If we can harvest of our process within 1-2 years we will be sooo set for the future with the organization Boehly is building.

I think the future is very bright and we will see huge improvements as soon as we get some first team players back in the squad and the likes of Mount, Gallagher and Ziyeh on the bench/sold. 

Ziyech is our most creative player and has been one of the best players in the last few games and you want him sold????

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Now that we’re more used to playing a back 4 again I think we should try Mudryk left, Kai up top, Madueke right and Félix in the hole just behind Kai. But to do that we need to buy Caicedo so we have a solid midfield 2 behind those 4.

Yes that’s what I’d like to see as well with Mudryk and Felix swapping positions fluidly 

4 minutes ago, didi007 said:

Ziyech is our most creative player and has been one of the best players in the last few games and you want him sold????

Yup him and Pulisic have to go. It’s easy to be our most creative player in the attacking group we had before Felix and Mudryk showed up but from what I’ve seen of these two we won’t have to rely on just the hopeful swung in balls from the flank