Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

ZAPHOD2319

7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

at no point in time i was confident we could have carried that over the line, they were always gonna score as soon as those 6mins popped up

1-1 for the umpteenth time in this fixture. good result given our shambolic performance tho. defending was actually alright today apart from those final minutes. terrible coordination there.

Yeah., this is true.

Honestly at 1-0, which frankly came out of nowhere, I expected us to pull it off, considering our recent spell of clean sheets.

Shame we couldn't keep it going a few minutes longer, but United threw the kitchen sink.

If we had Kante and James fully fit, I'd consider us the superior side, but without them, Chelsea and United are nearly equally matched,..below City quality, but fighting hard to earn points.

My verdict on Potters Chelsea so far is it is at least a tough side to beat (no shit, considering our unbeaten run). 

While that's not enough for a title winning side, it should be enough for a side looking to strongly finish in the top 4.

Spurs get another gift with this draw.. They are the fraud side that's in the top 3 currently. Only held up by a goal scoring Kane and Son.

Edited by Blue Armour

2 minutes ago, milka said:

Arsenal and Citeh will beat us with 3 goals . 

I don't know about Citeh (thank fuck we don't play them in the league until next year), but against Le Arse, I'm hoping we give Arteta a taste of his own medicine.

Sit back, soak up pressure, and hit them in their soft belly. We should be able to shithouse a win against them.

Which is pretty much what they've done to us ever since Arteta took over

Least we didn’t lose to Forest today…

Another bad first half of spineless football. Then we luckily get the lead and you’re pressing in the midfield instead of dropping back to defend? 

The way we looked in the first I think a lot of us would have taken the draw. Changes need to be made though..

4 minutes ago, Milan said:

So him being out for 8 weeks just ends our season? What a genius Potter is then!

It has more to do with the lack of options. How did Tuchel fair last after the Juve game at home?

I'm still shocked we decided against going after a RB/RWB. Linked with Hakimi last summer & that's it.

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

We were not supposed to win like that.
The pen was a fluke.
Midfield dominated by the opposition for the third time in a row - frontline without imagination as usual.
Without Kante and James we are sh*t.

Were we really dominated in midfield? Apart from the first 20 mins, before Kovacic came on?

I thought it was fairly evenly matched. Two teams working hard and not giving too much room to operate. Pretty much cancelled each other out.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Big big mistake from Potter not telling the team to drop and defend for the win. 

What the fuck are these cunts thinking. They get paid over 100k a week to do this. Fucking embarrassing.

United got the ball after that free kick we won in the first minute of extra time and wasted it.
Then they all surged forward - last chance saloon and it worked for them.
Let's face it. We are not really better than they are now, not without James and Kante and without some great quality up front.  I think Aubameyang is a good finisher -like Remy and Bats used to be- but just that.

3 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I don't know about Citeh (thank fuck we don't play them in the league until next year), but against Le Arse, I'm hoping we give Arteta a taste of his own medicine.

Sit back, soak up pressure, and hit them in their soft belly. We should be able to shithouse a win against them.

Which is pretty much what they've done to us ever since Arteta took over

Mmmmm yeah not expecting that to happen lol. Unfortunately can see us bring frustrated especially if we play poorly!

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Mmmmm yeah not expecting that to happen lol. Unfortunately can see us bring frustrated especially if we play poorly!

Nobody expected United to pull Arsenals pants down either, lol. But it happened.

I wouldn't be surprised. For once Arsenal won't have the underdog card, and our players won't take the game too lightly.

2 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

That was always the case Layla, and we've really got a battle on our hands.

Still at least the scouse cunts got beat🤣

True but didn't expect 11 games in to be quite so far off the pace. Not 9 as it could be if Arsenal win tommrow. Say be nice to win a cup but that's gone wrong over recent years lol. Oh well its what was expected

Chopped and changed side after loads of injuries. And not just any injuries, BIG players. Against a United side who are surging and in their best form in years.

Sorry, that’s a decent point we earned. And if anything, I’m more positive now than I was at the start of the match. Potter’s in game adjustments worked well as evidenced by Ten Hag immediately reacting to all of his subs.

Some of you have to realize where we are as a club. We’re still nowhere near the finished article. Add on injuries to key players and we’ll be desperately fighting for 3rd/4th again. 

What we need to focus most on now is beating the small teams.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Chopped and changed side after loads of injuries. And not just any injuries, BIG players. Against a United side who are surging and in their best form in years.

Sorry, that’s a decent point we earned. And if anything, I’m more positive now than I was at the start of the match. Potter’s in game adjustments worked well as evidenced by Ten Hag immediately reacting to all of his subs.

Some of you have to realize where we are as a club. We’re still nowhere near the finished article. Add on injuries to key players and we’ll be desperately fighting for 3rd/4th again. 

What we need to focus most on now is beating the small teams.

100% agree with this! we are not a top 2 team anymore, barely a top 4 team, no manager in the world could walk over teams with our current crop of players.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It's clear how reliant we are on James. We are literally a different side once he's out & it's beyond the point of concern.

We shouldn’t be so reliant on one wing back though.

I mean the systems heavily reliant on them stretching the pitch, creating overloads and freeing up spaces for the attackers but between Cucurella and Chilwell, who should be more than enough to offer some sort of threat on the left hand side depending who starts, they haven’t necessarily done it.

Chilwell has yet to excite me fully as a Chelsea player and his lack of intent in the final third is painful to watch. He doesn’t arrive with purpose that the likes of a Andy Robertson does, or even like Cucurella at Brighton last season - which hopefully MC offers eventually.

Also tonight his marking of Casemiro for that goal, I agree with Roy Keanes analysis, its a half hearted jump.