Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

ZAPHOD2319

In addition to the injuries we’re also suffering from some key attackers being in shit form which compounds our issues. Sterling has been completely off the boil for weeks now and Auba still isn’t fully sharp. The latter could have had a couple of goals that half if he was in top form.

Honestly, I’d sit Raheem for a couple of matches and bring Pulisic in. He’s been making things happen recently.

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

I feel sorry for GP he inherited this lot of shit, he's just got to try and bring another 8 out field players keep Reece and Chilly

Inherited a squad brimmed with talented players though, that have won a CL, Super Cup, Club World Cup etc. 

Yes we have a few injuries but to go in to a home game against Man United who are becoming a more possession based team, playing a midfield 2 (one of them being RLC) up against Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes was amateurish. And that was on the manager. Look at the difference when Kova came on and we went 4-3-3. 

Madness it took him 30 odd minutes to come to that conclusion for me.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Inherited a squad brimmed with talented players though, that have won a CL, Super Cup, Club World Cup etc. 

Yes we have a few injuries but to go in to a home game against Man United who are becoming a more possession based team, playing a midfield 2 (one of them being RLC) up against Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes was amateurish. And that was on the manager. Look at the difference when Kova came on and we went 4-3-3. 

Madness it took him 30 odd minutes to come to that conclusion for me.

It didn't take him 30 minutes, fuck me don't be that guy? He knew exactly what was happening and he waited to see if his team could adapt and maybe pinch a goal, we didn't concede and tactic was changed, what do u want him to do sub kova on 5 mins in for then man utd to change tactics and complete waste a sub for us, Jesus Christ man have a word 

Just now, Da Herbsman said:

Not a good first half. But if after spending so much money we end up with RLC starting, you can't really blame Graham Potter for this. 

Can’t blame him for starting 2 LB and losing the midfield like it always happens when managers do that? 

folks being very generous to Potter. 

2 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I feel sorry for GP he inherited this lot of shit, he's just got to try and bring another 8 out field players keep Reece and Chilly

TT won the CL with that same lot of shit. It all comes down to motivation and mentality. apparently since we know the league can not be won, this squad has just begun cruising in most league matches only pulling it together for the occasional big CL tie. We need to source more players from the academy. I can live with finishing outside the top 4 as long as we have a bunch of lads who bleed blue and give their all for the club. It seems the more expensive our signings are the more they suck... Sterling, Cucu, Lukaku, Koulibaly, Kai, Timo the list goes on... can't remember a big money signing that has actually constantly delivered for ages now apart from maybe Chilly and Kova if you can count them as big money. The players who are delivering or at least showing they care are Mount, broja, RJ, Trev. Not always pure quality from them but they do give their all.

4 minutes ago, Da Herbsman said:

Not a good first half. But if after spending so much money we end up with RLC starting, you can't really blame Graham Potter for this. 

Midfield is a massive problem for us. Fofana injured James injured kante injured, and as it stands hes unbeaten, fair play to the man.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Well azi = no James 

Cuca = KK had a knock 

RLC = kante injured

I'd say they are excuses would you not? 

Did he not fix his blunder @30min in? Weird

some will say that kova needed that 30min rest, I’m sure.

Edited by robsblubot

Think the only real difference between the two sides is that they have a creative spark in the middle of the pitch (two, actually with Bruno and Eriksen) and we have none. Jorginho, Kova, and RLC are great at keeping the ball and playing simple passes but Bruno and Eriksen can pierce the lines and create for the attackers.

It’s really something we need to think about for the future. We simply don’t have a playmaker in our entire squad. Just ball carriers and holders.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

It didn't take him 30 minutes, fuck me don't be that guy? He knew exactly what was happening and he waited to see if his team could adapt and maybe pinch a goal, we didn't concede and tactic was changed, what do u want him to do sub kova on 5 mins in for then man utd to change tactics and complete waste a sub for us, Jesus Christ man have a word 

I think it was blatantly obvious before a ball was kicked to see that playing a 2 man MF (Jorginho and RLC as a pair was daft) against United’s 3 was always going to be a bad idea. Particularly when you consider the mix of athleticism and quality Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes have.

Or watched United’s performances against Spurs who even switched to a 3-5-2 to line up against United’s 3 man MF.

I mean its not out of the ordinary to know that 3 v 2 is always a mismatch, is it?

Edited by OneMoSalah

I assume he is trying hard not to play Kova because he’s trying to manage him back to fitness but keeps having no choice but to bring him on. Zakaria must be literally not at a professional standard to have not had a look at this point.