Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

ZAPHOD2319

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

100% agree with this! we are not a top 2 team anymore, barely a top 4 team, no manager in the world could walk over teams with our current crop of players.

That's it. It's not like he has been left with a amazing selection of talent to work with and just can't. This team has major problems and needs a lot of work still 

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People having a go at the manager. 🙄

Did he make a basic error on a cross where TWO tall United players were totally free at the far post? You know, literally THE one place someone is going to smack in a desperate last minute cross? 

We dropped points because of sloppy, idiotic defending and dreadful luck that Kepa was 2 inches too short. And even at his height he was millimeters away from saving it.

Same could be said when players made mistakes under tuchel — it’s always down to the manager and that’s why they make the big bucks.

There are different things at play here: some may think he’s not yet ready for a job like this and I too think he’s a big bet at this level.

it’s fair to say he got the starting line up wrong. Every time a manger makes a change at 30min time (without injury) he’s got something wrong.

I’m strongly against employing 2 LBs or WLBs because I’ve seen it done many times and it rarely works. It’s also a less common strategy at this level due to the abundance of quality (I know missing players and all that).

regarding the rest, he’s still adjusting the team, so he will need time. We are indeed missing players so there is that too.

Abu is doing exactly what I expected of him and I think he makes us less competitive than we once were. That’s all there is to it. I’d rather see Kai and Borja up front tbh.

Edited by robsblubot

Potter needs to take some lessons from the last few matches and start dropping a few of these players, btw. Sterling being the key one.

Pulisic has looked like our most dangerous attacker in all of these brief cameos. Start him for a run of games. Likewise Broja.

I have let the disappointment of not holding on to the win wash away. Looking at our form before Tuchel was let go, my bromance with Potter will continue. His change in the first half was great. Instead of going defensive, every sub he brought on was to win the game. That was not happening under Tuchel.

Has anyone seen the usual goal line technology graphics? Because I have not. And from the replays it was not very conclusive. I am not saying it was not a goal but there was no graphics to prove it.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

We shouldn’t be so reliant on one wing back though.

I mean the systems heavily reliant on them stretching the pitch, creating overloads and freeing up spaces for the attackers but between Cucurella and Chilwell, who should be more than enough to offer some sort of threat on the left hand side depending who starts, they haven’t necessarily done it.

Chilwell has yet to excite me fully as a Chelsea player and his lack of intent in the final third is painful to watch. He doesn’t arrive with purpose that the likes of a Andy Robertson does, or even like Cucurella at Brighton last season - which hopefully MC offers eventually.

Also tonight his marking of Casemiro for that goal, I agree with Roy Keanes analysis, its a half hearted jump. 

We're lopsided without James & the drop between him and the two you mentioned is staggering. The fact that we still lack any attackers of note just emphasises that.

There are so many issues within our squad that it would take too long to go through them.

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Has anyone seen the usual goal line technology graphics? Because I have not. And from the replays it was not very conclusive. I am not saying it was not a goal but there was no graphics to prove it.

It was was close from any tv angle. The ball never extended further in.

5 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

100% agree with this! we are not a top 2 team anymore, barely a top 4 team, no manager in the world could walk over teams with our current crop of players.

What a crock of shite. Tuchel won a CL with 75% of this squad.

Arguably, you could say the squad is better now than it was then. I mean Sterling is an improvement, Cucurella is an improvement, Aubamayang is an improvement, fair enough losing Rudiger and even Christensen but we’ve not necessarily downgraded hugely on them. 

People complained TT had us playing poorly with this squad… now Potters in, nobody in the world could beat teams with this squad? Jesus.

Next week it’ll be back to “this squad should be playing better”…. 

5 minutes ago, Milan said:

They showed a picture from the tech that wasn’t close to what was seen on the pitch. It did not look all the way in, but I guess the tech works dunno.

eg the “picture” they showed looked like a clear goal. The replays showed something else—at least very close.

Edited by robsblubot

Some positives that need a mention from that match:

- Trev was once again mistake free and had an easy game, Silva as well

- Chilly was much better today than he was against Villa

- midfield wasn’t a gaping hole once Potter made the change with Kova

We’re basically the opposite of where we were under Tuchel before he was fired. We couldn’t defend and made school boy errors nonstop. Now we’re secure defensively but our attack is extremely stale. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Some positives that need a mention from that match:

- Trev was once again mistake free and had an easy game, Silva as well

- Chilly was much better today than he was against Villa

- midfield wasn’t a gaping hole once Potter made the change with Kova

We’re basically the opposite of where we were under Tuchel before he was fired. We couldn’t defend and made school boy errors nonstop. Now we’re secure defensively but our attack is extremely stale. 

our attack  has been stale for years, MANY years. when did we last score goals for fun? hazzard prime with costa maybe?

All these big player acquisitions in the past three to four years have not been big at all. Generational talent, will out run defences with a nonstop motor. 
Until our player recruitment gets right, top four is what we can hope for. Not exactly what I want, but it is what it is if players are getting top of the league money and playing inconsistent at best.   

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

What a crock of shite. Tuchel won a CL with 75% of this squad.

Arguably, you could say the squad is better now than it was then. I mean Sterling is an improvement, Cucurella is an improvement, Aubamayang is an improvement, fair enough losing Rudiger and even Christensen but we’ve not necessarily downgraded hugely on them. 

People complained TT had us playing poorly with this squad… now Potters in, nobody in the world could beat teams with this squad? Jesus.

Next week it’ll be back to “this squad should be playing better”…. 

75% that ain't getting any better, that was 2 season ago we won the champions League, great back then but seriously, sterling was great in a man city shirt, cucu is no improvement on chilwell and only a defensive improvement on Alonso. Rudi far superior to KK, Fofana is better than AC but he's injured.  Also I never said BEAT I said walk over teams, if you think any manager could make these players steamroll teams, then am sorry but your deluded. Our midfield is mid table, we have a 38 year old centre back that we rely on far to much, our best player is injured, our best DM is injured, ziyech pulisic, finished here.... Potter is doing his best with players that he had no influence in buying and bought for another managers system (clubs fault). We don't have a KDB or a Salah (clubs fault) we don't have a player that can change the game in an instance, yes we have James, but he's a RWB you need these players up top or running your midfield, every 1 said it start of season we needed midfielders! We are now paying the price. But on the other hand we needed defenders aswell, so we had to prioritize.