Florent Malouda

Madmax

Great to see Malouda score an important goal - actually, great to see him simply scoring again! He was never a 'great' player; his inconsistency ensured that. However at his best he is simply unplayable, a great mixture of trickery and strength and an excellent finisher. He'll be endeared to by the fans for years for being part of the Double team, and if he is to go this summer, what better way to sign off than an FA Cup and Champions League double? :Goober:

• 2 weeks later...

Malouda ready to fight for place

Winger eyeing role in Champions League final

Out-of-favour Chelsea winger Florent Malouda expects to see out the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge but will not be content to spend it on the bench.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7705184/

If FloMo still wants to be like Giggs, he better change his game and put in some class performances. Fight for it.

And shit he has played for Chelsea 214 times.

And he has either scored or assisted on 87 occasions. Arjen Robben had around 60 combined from only 105 appearances.

Says a lot about how stupid our board are.

And he has either scored or assisted on 87 occasions. Arjen Robben had around 60 combined from only 105 appearances.

Says a lot about how stupid our board are.

We have to face fakts. Robben was a whiney winger that wanted out. Great player, dis is a fakt. Tempermental person, dis is also a fakt.

Sign him up, Roman.

Speaking to Le Parisien, he said: "I have one year contract and there are many doubts about what will happen.

"It is impossible for me to project onto the next season in terms of choice. I still can not position myself. Everything goes very fast here [at Chelsea]. "

Malouda is desperate to feature in this summer's European Championships for France but does not feel his lack of playing time for Chelsea should prove to be an obstacle.

"This season, I played less than during the last eight seasons, but my playing time is not ridiculous. I have still existed. I've prepared for the Euros for two years, this is one of my targets," he continued.

"My participation depends only on the choice of coach and what happens to me just reinforces my confidence and determination."

Marko's put the pressure on very quickly.

Great to see Malouda score an important goal - actually, great to see him simply scoring again! He was never a 'great' player; his inconsistency ensured that. However at his best he is simply unplayable, a great mixture of trickery and strength and an excellent finisher. He'll be endeared to by the fans for years for being part of the Double team, and if he is to go this summer, what better way to sign off than an FA Cup and Champions League double? :Goober:

Under Carlo he was one of our most consistent players, it's a shame his form has gone down.

Thanks Flo Mo for the memories (good and bad).

Someone posted Flo has created the most goal opportunities in the whole PL in the last 2 years or so. Could someone post that link here again as I can't find it anymore?

Not sure, but I think he had made the most number of key passes in the final third of the pitch last season.

This is about Malouda's and Mata's contribution in the 2011 season:

European U-21 champion Mata was the key playmaker for Valencia in 2010/11, hitting 74 key passes at an average of 2.24 per game.

And to prove just how good those key passes were, Mata made 12 league assists last season, equating to an assist every 6.16 key passes, the most efficient ratio in La Liga and even better than Barcelona's Xavi Hernandez.

To put his passing in perspective, Mata made more key passes than any Chelsea player barring one, Florent Malouda.

However, while Malouda made an incredible 117 key passes, he only made four assists at a rate of one assist every 29.25 key passes.