Florent Malouda

Madmax

He's too old...there are a few players who can perform well past their 30's, but Malouda has just lost the pace and agility which he used to dribble past defenders...take the dribbling out of his game and Malouda, isn't very effective...still a good passer at times, but he can barely keep possession in the middle of the park nowadays.

Even though I think he was non-existent, it was a natural choice to start with him, considering the fact he was good (or at least, not the worst player) in his last games, plus the fact that other choices would have added too much negativity to our midfield. In my opinion André has made the right move by starting him.

He's too old...there are a few players who can perform well past their 30's, but Malouda has just lost the pace and agility which he used to dribble past defenders...take the dribbling out of his game and Malouda, isn't very effective...still a good passer at times, but he can barely keep possession in the middle of the park nowadays.

Mathews and Meredith both wingers who based their games on dribbling

That was, needless to say, an awful performance by him against Swansea. The amount of possession lost by he and Meireles was outrageous. AVB should never field those two in the middle together again.

######

There weren't many options, obviously it was a 3rd or 4th choice midfield pairing because of the circumstances. The sooner Lampard gets back the better, it puts Malouda further down pecking order.

Maybe it's a poor translation, in French it's what we say of a player who has a high activity... high workrate if you want. Player with many balls transiting through him, available and mobile, dynamic in transition phasis...

I don't think there's an equivalence for it. At least, I've never seen one. Just as for "grand pont".

That was, needless to say, an awful performance by him against Swansea. The amount of possession lost by he and Meireles was outrageous. AVB should never field those two in the middle together again.

######

Do you expect people to play good when played out of position?? I don't! And if they do then congrats and I commend them big time! So play him where he's used to (lw) and put mata in cm. Don't act like it's no biggie to switch positions all of a sudden. Is he used to holding the ball in the middle of the pitch with a crowded area?? No. He likes be 1v1 vs rb, so he shoot to all corners of the field!! Also mata will need to get used to other kids of mids in epl next year so why not start now??

Are you kidding ? :lol:

What about his volume of play and the accuracy of his long play ?

And I don't understand what is the point of the criticsm according to which he's not a conventional winger anymore. Since last season his play is based in cuts inside and in the creation of goals (the pass before the assist). Though he was still very effective in the offensive animation and the transition phasis but with a different way of playing, he was bashed for stupid interpretation of body language or that kind of crap...

Mata is very kind, he brings a huge quality when he leaves his position and is central... But he really has nothing of a winger, he hasn't yet a sufficient volume of play and doesn't defend except by tracking the full back. Plus, I'm always amused to see the stick Ashley Cole gets... but exposed as he is and never helped by his "winger" considering he's not 25 anymore. And that's just defensively, I don't even evoke how lonely he seems when he goes upward with the ball, Mata is all but near him to combine.

Last season Malouda's positionning and cuts inside allowed two things: creating space by stretching the block, and allowing Cole a player who can combine on the wing. Malouda is an useless selfish crap cunt, but at least he helped Cole and wasn't only usefull for the team when he had the ball

Admit at least that it's a huge gap between the organization of last season and this one, that Cole suffers, and Malouda playing less has a role in that.

For me Malouda is still very good in the midfield, I don't think it would be a blasphem to say that he can be more effective than Meireles in terms of volume of play and "decisivity" (goals, assists and chances created). Plus Malouda is far more aware tactically (or may people have also forgotten how he managed to become a key member in such differents organizations and roles througout the years ?) and won't risk to be as scattered as Meireles at the moment

The Anti-Malouda crusade is a bit funny, like the need of people always to have scapegoats

Did I ever say he is totally useless?

All I'm saying is Malouda was three times the player he is now, when he used to actually beat defenders to cross and shoot...he used to be involved in a lot more goal-scoring opportunities in the past because of that, whereas now even sunday league defenders can nick the ball off him...Even his finishing has become poor...

Maybe it's a poor translation, in French it's what we say of a player who has a high activity... high workrate if you want. Player with many balls transiting through him, available and mobile, dynamic in transition phasis...

Malouda and high workrate? naah.. And mobile? He's rather static imo